PDA

View Full Version : Hunter/Jumper barns in AUSTIN, TX???

TessaContoGower
Sep. 6, 2009, 04:03 PM
Know of any?????????????

Tini Sea Soldier
Sep. 6, 2009, 05:11 PM
HAHA... I'd love to know also... as I looooooove Austin, TX and have often considered moving there!

nomorecold
Sep. 6, 2009, 06:01 PM
Switch Willo
Rio Vista
Step Aside

dancingequestrian85
Sep. 6, 2009, 08:17 PM
99.9% sure I'm moving to Austin in January too. I have been using the THJA website's list of trainers. I'm sure it isn't complete but at least it is a starting place! If you find anywhere awesome please let me know!! :)

Here is the link: http://www.thja.org/Trainers/Trainers.aspx

beckidan
Sep. 7, 2009, 12:06 AM
Not rio vista
Switch willow
Bee caves is good
Where in Austin?

LShipley
Sep. 7, 2009, 01:31 AM
Take a look at White Fences in Manor, about a 30 minutes drive from downtown Austin. They are more known for dressage, but offer excellent hunter/jumper training as well. They also have great hilly trails. If you're boarding, you really can't find a nicer place for your horse - huge grassy pastures!

Luv2Show
Sep. 7, 2009, 02:32 AM
I rode with Crista for years when she was in Houston. Shes in Austin now at http://www.madroneranchstables.com/trainerbios.htm ...I recommend going to watch her ride, give a lesson and talk to her. My horse always received excellent care when we were with her.

BigEq
Sep. 7, 2009, 09:43 AM
I personally recommend Cameron Equestrian in Manor (only about 15 minutes away from Austin, if that), but if you're strictly speaking Austin then I have heard fabulous things about Switch Willo.

dancingequestrian85
Sep. 7, 2009, 11:17 AM
What about Silver Fox Farms in Wimberly? Looks like it is about a 40 minute drive from Austin. Does anyone have any inf on the farm and the trainer?

ChestnutShowJumper
Sep. 7, 2009, 11:39 AM
Hi,
I board my horse in Austin, if you need any information on any of the barns I can give you some more specific details.. I have boarded at a couple. Good Luck!

Dana
Sep. 7, 2009, 04:49 PM
There's also Sunset Cliff Farm in Burnet which is north and west of Austin.

Beautiful facility, great owners and a really good resident trainer in Ginny Joyner. They travel to A shows (WEF, KY, Indoors), as well as some of the bigger shows in TX.

www.sunsetclifffarms.com

Dana

tullio
Sep. 7, 2009, 05:35 PM
There's also Sunset Cliff Farm in Burnet which is north and west of Austin.

Beautiful facility, great owners and a really good resident trainer in Ginny Joyner. They travel to A shows (WEF, KY, Indoors), as well as some of the bigger shows in TX.

www.sunsetclifffarms.com (http://www.sunsetclifffarms.com)

Dana

Have met Ginny and watched a few lessons - she is awesome, and the farm has an atmosphere that the horses seem to thrive in. Reallllllly nice place!

MountainGirl7
Sep. 7, 2009, 06:03 PM
Look on the Texas Hunter / Jumper Association's website. They have a good resource list of trainers / barns, etc.

Have fun in Austin, it's a rolicking city.

Jo
Sep. 7, 2009, 06:35 PM
Do a search. This topic has been covered many times on here and you'll find good suggestions and recommendations on which barns to stay away from.

Another good website to use is www.cthja.com - Central Texas H/J Assoc.