PDA

View Full Version : I found 1/2 chaps that fit!

Mamy
Sep. 6, 2009, 10:36 AM
My non horsey friends just don't understand my joy, so I shall share with you all,lol!
I was at Horsemen's Outlet today, with my whole family( Dh and 5 kids!) I had to go to Nj for a family party so figured I neded to stop there,lol. I was looking for a saddle, blanket and birthday presents for my 3 (today!) year old. ( all she wanted was a pink riding helmet and jods. Which we bought her yesterday.)
Anyway, DH was looking around.. He comes up to me with a pair of chaps asks if they are good, I laugh and say no way, I need a 13.5 in calf and those were 15. I told him I never thought I'd find what size I needed off the rack.
Well, would you believe he found it? A 19 in height, and 13.5 calf! Ariat CC 1/2 chaps. I was shocked. I trief them on, they fit... but were black. I wanyed chocolate. I told him, I would deal with the black, and be happy. But he looked again and found them in chocolate! AND then bought them as a birthday gift for me. How sweet was that?!?!
I hope they don't break in and shrink down too much... it is so exciting to actually have some that fit!

KateKat
Sep. 6, 2009, 12:45 PM
great deal but 13.5/19?? You're making my 15.5/17 feel like tree stumps... :)

hellerkm
Sep. 6, 2009, 01:12 PM
NICE score!!! glad you finally found a pair!!

PNWjumper
Sep. 6, 2009, 01:13 PM
I love my Ariat CC half chaps! They really didn't drop much at all after getting [well] broken in. The zippers are a bit of a pain (they tend to unzip a little when I ride), but if I'd ever get motivated to tighten the snap tabs a little I don't think that would be an issue any longer. All in all I'm happy with them.

Congrats on finding something that fits!