PDA

View Full Version : And one more fashion questions SORRY!!

hellerkm
Sep. 6, 2009, 07:43 AM
Black or Brown CO Hampton for DD?? we have a friend and her DD has a chestnut pony , she wears a gorgeous brown coat and tan jods with a Brown Co helmet. I would like to copy this look for DD ( friend knows LOL) but I am worried that the brown helmet, while it looks gorgeous on a chestnut pony, might not look as great on other ponies in the future. Should I stick with the black one?? I can't afford to buy both!

KnKShowmom
Sep. 6, 2009, 08:00 AM
You will never go wrong with black - JMHO

(what color are her boots?)

spmoonie
Sep. 6, 2009, 08:01 AM
I purchased the black one because of the whole "Its matches everything" idea. Now, I REALLY wish I would have gotten brown. It looks so classy. If you need reassurance, google Samantha Schaeffer. She wears a brown helmet and it looks great!

hellerkm
Sep. 6, 2009, 08:15 AM
You will never go wrong with black - JMHO

(what color are her boots?)
brown

superpony123
Sep. 6, 2009, 02:00 PM
i have a black hampton. i wish i had a brown one too! i have a rust outfit with a tan coat that i think a brown hampton would look AWESOME with. however, black really does "go" with everything. and if your kid is young--well, she's probably going to go through those show clothes fast. and kids like to change it up. if she is wearing a navy coat right now, she might want her next one to be brown or black or grey or something else. so to be 'safe' i'd go with the black.

however, the brown hamptons look really lovely with a tan coat (however i honestly think it looks like an overload with a truly BROWN coat.) and some shades of navy and grey. the color of the pony doesn't matter so much--in fact, i think chestnut and bay pony riders SHOULDNT wear all brown because it kind of blends in with the horse, but that's just me--it's like wearing a black coat on a black horse.

klmck63
Sep. 6, 2009, 02:05 PM
I would say brown boots = brown helmet. I assume these are paddock boots and not field boots?

I think it would look cute :) You could stick with brown paddock boots until this helmet is too small or expires and when it's time for a new helmet you could re evaluate.

hellerkm
Sep. 6, 2009, 10:12 PM
I would say brown boots = brown helmet. I assume these are paddock boots and not field boots?

I think it would look cute :) You could stick with brown paddock boots until this helmet is too small or expires and when it's time for a new helmet you could re evaluate.

They are brown paddock boots she is only 5. I think I will risk it and go for the brown, if I decide that I really need a black one too she can get one for Christmas from her grandparents LOL!!

Mandalay
Sep. 7, 2009, 10:12 AM
I like black. It is classic and will go with whatever you pair it with. I have a black CO GR8 and love it.:D:D:D I haven't seen brown very much though but I'm sure it will look very nice on a pony.