PDA

View Full Version : AQHA Select (over 50 yrs) webcast - fence classes

Plumcreek
Sep. 5, 2009, 02:43 PM
This is the World Show only for amateurs over 50 years of age.

Finals of the flat eq and (I think) prelims of the working hunter are this afternoon. Tomorrow (Sunday) starts with trail finals then all the other fence classes. If they do not run WH prelims this afternoon, it will be tomorrow. Start time is 9 am eastern.
The HUS finals, just concluded, had all very nice movers with no 'wenglish'. Flat eq will have some western-type cross-over all-around horses, though.

Webcast is much better quality through a different source:
http://www.horseshowwebcasts.com/shows/2009/25208/

kateh
Sep. 5, 2009, 02:56 PM
For all that people bash on AQHA, I wish my position was half as still as some of these riders. Thanks for posting!

ReSomething
Sep. 5, 2009, 07:05 PM
Well, boo hoo, doesn't look like they have archived footage, just live stuff. Is there anything archived?

Plumcreek
Sep. 5, 2009, 08:23 PM
Well, boo hoo, doesn't look like they have archived footage, just live stuff. Is there anything archived?

Only footage snipets in the interviews with the winners - find here: http://www.aqha.com/showing/shows/selectshow/09winningrun/index.html

ETA: One of my favorite horses, Darn That Cat, just packed his youth rider's dad/relation(?) around the Eq/OF course. Nice horse.
Further ETA: He won it!

Plumcreek
Sep. 6, 2009, 11:55 AM
Bump up for working hunter starting now. Shadbellies!

ETA: Congratulations Sparky on your client's win!
http://www.aqha.com/showing/shows/selectshow/09winningrun/working%20hunter.html

reinerspook
Sep. 6, 2009, 01:51 PM
Darn That Kat just won the jumpers, too. What a nice horse!

shawneeAcres
Sep. 6, 2009, 01:53 PM
I would love to watch this, but Hughes Net has a bad habit of deciding I have gone over the threshold if I watch streaming videos and then they basically shut me down for 24 hours! SO I don't dare watch :no:

Plumcreek
Sep. 6, 2009, 01:59 PM
I would love to watch this, but Hughes Net has a bad habit of deciding I have gone over the threshold if I watch streaming videos and then they basically shut me down for 24 hours! SO I don't dare watch :no:

Only 24 hours? Totally worth it.

Several men in the jumping and a few in the hunters also. Nice.

shawneeAcres
Sep. 6, 2009, 02:06 PM
Only 24 hours? Totally worth it.

Several men in the jumping and a few in the hunters also. Nice.

Yeah but I use the internet so much to run my business they make it where the system runs SO SLOWLY I cannot even bring up a website! Very irritatin!

Luv2Show
Sep. 7, 2009, 03:10 AM
One of the ladies at our barn won the horsemanship! Congrats Theresa and Lopin On Easy Street!! Good luck with trail finals sunday :)

She's awesome at english eq as well but they decided to focus on fewer events at World and so far it has paid off.

Plumcreek
Sep. 7, 2009, 12:09 PM
I watched a lot of this show, as I had planned some drafting to do near the computer. It was a very nice show - horses looked natural and relaxed (even WP, for the most part) and the riding level has risen quite a bit from the initial show several years ago. The first years' fence classes had a lot of creaky riders grabbing mane over fences. This year, there were 14+ very accomplished riders in every over/fences class. Even the jumping was not scary. If you live in range of Amarillo, Texas (although several riders from North Carolina and Florida were there), and are 50+, this show is a fun goal - only a couple points needed to qualify in the fence classes.

The Trail was won by an older gentleman. His wife won the W. Pleasure on a horse they had bred and raised. What a cute couple, who horseshow together. The Eq. Over and Jumping were won by a veterinarian father (definate eye-candy vet) on his wife and daughter's horse (Darn That Cat - fabulous, solid, kind horse) that the family keeps at home.
See winners interviews here:http://www.aqha.com/showing/shows/selectshow/09winningrun/index.html

Sparky
Sep. 7, 2009, 12:24 PM
The Eq. Over and Jumping were won by a veterinarian father (definate eye-candy vet) on his wife and daughter's horse (Darn That Cat - fabulous, solid, kind horse) that the family keeps at home.
See winners interviews here:http://www.aqha.com/showing/shows/selectshow/09winningrun/index.html

Plum, there were some great interviews done that didn't get published yet, including one with DTK's rider! Hopefully they will show up in the future--these are people with a lot of life experiences and incredible senses of humor. Everyone who goes to this show wants to return, and laid-back is the term most use to describe it. I asked my daughter if it was like a ghost town when they showed, as they are the last classes after a long week, and she said that many, many of the other competitors stayed just to watch and cheer on the over fences riders. AQHA was genius in offering the Select division.

AGRHJRider
Sep. 8, 2009, 12:36 AM
Just a jingle and a bump for Clifford Hodge and his horse Tiger "Overseas Asset" .
Cliff is a student of mine and has worked his butt off to get there, im really proud of him!
Also congratulations to Dr. Myers and "Darn That Cat", amazing horse, they are a very lucky family to have such a nice mount. :D

MintHillFarm
Sep. 8, 2009, 05:39 AM

I feel your pain!! I have HughesNet too. I have never been shut down, but I lose connectivity fairly reguarly. For what we pay for this service ($90.00 a month, what a ripoff), they should let us have unlimited viewing.

Maybe a HughesNet person is a COTHer and will make note of some unhappy clients!

For what it is worth, I could not find any video highlights of actual hunter trips, there was an interview, which was nice to see though. The still photo of Lori was great...

Plumcreek
Sep. 8, 2009, 11:21 AM
For what it is worth, I could not find any video highlights of actual hunter trips, there was an interview, which was nice to see though. The still photo of Lori was great...

We QH people need to complain about the lack of actual footage on the winner interview. People want to see the winning trip. AQHA used to include some footage, but now seem to want to get the class winner interview posted as fast as possible.