PDA

View Full Version : Best Sale website suggestions???

beckidan
Sep. 5, 2009, 01:14 PM
There's so many horse sale websites & I have no experience at this. My kid quit riding & I have horses & ponies to sell or lease, or even find a rider that wants a free lease. I could spend a fortune if I put them on all the sites! Any help would be appreciated. What sites work? I don't want 100 little kids emailing me about ponies. Thanks!

iridehorses
Sep. 5, 2009, 01:53 PM
i would say put them on all the free sites if youre on a budget-i mean they're free...what do you have to loose!
personally, i find that equine.com and dreamhorse.com are some of the bigger sites and most well known.
centralequine.com has a lot of nice horses & ponies (Don stewart, etc.) but i am not sure how well that site works. I've never used it.
but trainers and word of mouth are really how things get sold.

YankeeLawyer
Sep. 5, 2009, 06:06 PM
I like

www.warmbloods-for-sale.com
www.bigeq.com
www.equine.com
www.dreamhorse.com

I have gotten the most inquiries from the first two.

Coppers mom
Sep. 5, 2009, 09:21 PM
Equine.com by far gets the most inquiries, but I've also found that the most time-wasters come from there. We sell a very small percentage of our horses off of dreamhorse. EquineNow has a lot less inquiries than the bigger websites, but most every single person from that site has come out and bought.

I would just google "Horses for Sale" and list the horse on everything on the first two pages, along with the bigger sites listed on this thread. If you have local tack shops, put up fliers on their bulletein boards, and advertise on area-specific websites (for example, NC has the NCHJA, NCDCTA, and Area II eventing sites).

Vitriolic
Sep. 5, 2009, 09:46 PM
equine.com is huge, but I can guarantee you'll get a scammer asking "What is your last price" and I am sending an extra $5000 for you to forward to my shipper..." If you can weed through that...

I too have had the best luck word of mouth. Tell people your kids rode with, coaches, anyone who knows the horses and might want them. Good luck. :)

skyy
Sep. 6, 2009, 01:30 PM
The last 2 ponies bought at my barn were found through bigeq.

beckidan
Sep. 6, 2009, 11:16 PM
Thank you so much everyone!