PDA

View Full Version : ITS OFFICIAL!! I found the filly of my dreams.. and shes mine!

vita_impavida
Sep. 5, 2009, 11:14 AM
I am just so excited I wanted to post something to share with fellow horse people!

I am stuck in Iraq, thank goodness literally on my way home this week (its been a long 9 months ) but I managed to find an amazing little filly and by the grace of god and her amazing breeder she is now all mine!

My friends in the Army are excited for me, but they dont really understand when I start rambling about her. :lol:

Introducing Miss DeLage HPF bred by Nancy Connolly at HorsePower Farms in Vancouver Washington.

By De Noir and out of a spectacular Hohenstein daughter she was named top filly at her inspection. The judges commented that she is a carbon copy of her mother, possibly even more elegant. SPS Harmonie had her MTP in Germany and received a score of 8.39!I would be so lucky if Dela lives up to her mother.

Dela is so smart and such a thinker! A real pleaser and so playful! I cant wait to hang out with her as she grows up into the dressage star I know she will be. I am just so excited!!!!:D

Here are a few photos from her inspection.
http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/orderpage.aspx?pi=00KG00IF0E0000&po=0

***** Side note *****
If anyone is looking for a good horse, jumpers and dressage, look at HorsePower Farms. Nancy has nothing but great stock, and breeds even better foals. I had the most amazing time working with her on one of my first major equine investments and will highly suggest her to anyone looking for a good horse.

http://www.horsepowerfarm.com/

Thank for reading my post, I feel like Im bragging... and I dont mean to, :sadsmile: but I just cant get over how excited I am.... and horse people can appreciate how big of a deal it is when you find the horse that gets you so excited. :)

Tiki
Sep. 5, 2009, 11:31 AM
Congratulations, but there are many, many good and reputable breeders in this country. I'm glad you bought from one. I really don't understand why everyone wants to flock to Europe to buy - except for the cachet and brag of "I bought MY horse in Europe".

Are you going to Madigan when you get home?

RedMare01
Sep. 5, 2009, 11:36 AM
Awesome! So exciting, and good luck with her! :)

Caitlin

Merle
Sep. 5, 2009, 11:44 AM
She's gorgeous!! That is so very very exciting! Congratulations! :D I know the exact feeling (I had it when I bought my own filly).

egontoast
Sep. 5, 2009, 11:49 AM
Congratulations!

No doubt when someone is serving in Iraq, it is wonderful to have something to look forward to at home.

slc2
Sep. 5, 2009, 12:20 PM
that is a beautiful filly. you have a very, very good eye. come back safe.

vita_impavida
Sep. 5, 2009, 12:29 PM
Congratulations, but there are many, many good and reputable breeders in this country. I'm glad you bought from one. I really don't understand why everyone wants to flock to Europe to buy - except for the cachet and brag of "I bought MY horse in Europe".

Are you going to Madigan when you get home?

Tiki - I know what you mean about bragging rights for imports, I see it all the time, and Ive done my far share of looking at some imports, but when it comes down to it, the horse speaks for itself, not where it first hit dirt.

Btw.. your Chardonnay is stunning! I love most of Hilltops stallions to be honest, and Comic is definitely producing some nice offspring! Congrats on him!

Im actually from a PA Guard unit, so Ill be going home home. And I cant wait. Although Madigan is one heck of a hospital and I would love to work there, its a little far from home for me. I spent some time working at Walter Reed, and Ive been trying to get into working with the VA. I love helping people, but to help my battle buddies, its even better. :-)

Egontoast - You are so absolutely right! Everyday we think about the little things we miss, and the big things like family and friends... so coming home is amazing and exciting in its own right.

Thank you everyone for reading my post and the congrats, I really appreciate it!!!!

MintHillFarm
Sep. 5, 2009, 12:36 PM
That you will be coming home shortly and have a wonderful filly to look forward to! She is lovely! Have you thought of names?

I had one come to mind, Irock (a twist on Iraq), just a thought!!

Lots of luck to you and the filly! Please post more photos when you can.

texang73
Sep. 5, 2009, 01:40 PM
She's beautiful. Congrats. Be safe and come home soon!

Foxtrot's
Sep. 5, 2009, 02:01 PM
You are not bragging - your excitement comes through just as anybody's would with a new baby, puppy or foal.

Congrtulations and a thank you for serving your country and making ours a safer place.

FancyFree
Sep. 5, 2009, 02:08 PM
Wow gorgeousness!

houserabbitz
Sep. 5, 2009, 02:16 PM
Wow, beautiful filly! I really love De Noir; I have been watching him for a couple of years. What a pedigree your filly has!

Edgewood
Sep. 5, 2009, 02:17 PM
Congratulations! She is beautiful!

dwblover
Sep. 5, 2009, 05:03 PM
Congrats! So glad you will be home to enjoy her soon!!

NoDQhere
Sep. 5, 2009, 06:32 PM
Wow, she is stunning! We own SPS Harmonie's son, Lion King, by Latimer. We selected Lion King mainly because Harmonie was such a spectacular mare. If your girl is anything like Lion King in temperament you will really enjoy her. Lion King is a huge cuddle bug with the best work ethic. Fun fun horse.

springer
Sep. 5, 2009, 06:53 PM
I can't seem to access Horsepower Farms' website- I've tried it from your link and also from a google search, but I can't get to it - is there a problem with it?

cutemudhorse
Sep. 5, 2009, 08:10 PM
She is gorgeous!!! Congratulations! No, you're not bragging --- you're sharing!

And thank you for all you've done for us.

vita_impavida
Sep. 6, 2009, 12:26 AM
That you will be coming home shortly and have a wonderful filly to look forward to! She is lovely! Have you thought of names?

I had one come to mind, Irock (a twist on Iraq), just a thought!!

Lots of luck to you and the filly! Please post more photos when you can.

Brilliant!! I have heard it before used in army terms, but never thought to make a name out of it. haha! If she wasnt stuck with a name that seems to fit her so well it definitely wouldve been in the running. And I will keep it for future names lists. :-D Thanks!!

Wow, she is stunning! We own SPS Harmonie's son, Lion King, by Latimer. We selected Lion King mainly because Harmonie was such a spectacular mare. If your girl is anything like Lion King in temperament you will really enjoy her. Lion King is a huge cuddle bug with the best work ethic. Fun fun horse.

I looked at Lion King before and he is amazing! So big but you look at his face and he just seemed to have such a sweet lovey personality. Guess I was right. :D

YankeeLawyer
Sep. 6, 2009, 12:34 AM
Congratulations! I have a Hohenstein mare and she is phenomenal. I am sure you are going to *love* your filly!

vita_impavida
Sep. 6, 2009, 12:36 AM
I can't seem to access Horsepower Farms' website- I've tried it from your link and also from a google search, but I can't get to it - is there a problem with it?

Drats, its not working for me either. :no: Im not sure why. Sorry about that. Ill keep trying and when its good, Ill let ya know. :)

MintHillFarm
Sep. 6, 2009, 10:24 AM
No matter her name is, I just know she will fabulous for you!
The best is yet to come!
Please share pictures when you can and congratulations too on coming home:)

vita_impavida
Sep. 24, 2009, 11:50 PM
SHES HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dela made her trip across country like a pro! Her amazing shipper kept singing her praises about how well she shipped! He couldnt believe her calm and collected personality.

I thank her breeder for helping her grow into a confident and mannered weanling.

I took a few (terrible) pictures, lol. Im no photographer, but you can still see her!

I cant believe I am her new owner. She is a phenomenal horse, but her personality is unbelievable... truely. I have never met a sweeter more relaxed and confident horse, and shes only a baby! I cant wait for what the future brings.

They say the best things in life are worth waiting for... and I now know this is so very very true. (ive been looking for 8 years!)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=316280&id=722410230&saved

thank you for reading my post! COTHers are awesome!