PDA

View Full Version : Shipping two horses from Raleigh area to Newark, NJ-ideas?

Limerick
Sep. 4, 2009, 09:50 PM
Hi, my barn owner needs a ride for her two horses up to Newark from Raleigh area on Tuesday. Any recommendations or suggestions? Thanks so much!

hideyourheart03
Sep. 4, 2009, 10:10 PM
On Tuesday? It may be a little late to do something now, as that's pretty quick notice for most commercial shippers. Maybe try DJ Johnson? They're awesome.

Limerick
Sep. 4, 2009, 10:18 PM
I know it's late notice. If they can't get shipped up this time, we still need a shipper for the next time a flight opens. Does DJ Johnson have a website?

Limerick
Sep. 4, 2009, 10:22 PM
Okay, found his contact info.

Thanks Hideyourheart! :)

shawneeAcres
Sep. 4, 2009, 10:41 PM
I have a shipper coming to bring a hrose down from NH (Shipper resides in Maine) HOPEFULLY next week, but more likely the following week as they had a truck breakdown. Perhaps they can take your back north, if you want info please contact me.

juniormom
Sep. 6, 2009, 05:39 PM
You might try Reggie Summey in Lincolnton, NC. (704-435-2276) They have trucks going all over everywhere. Also, Brookledge. I imagine a lot of horses are "moving around" at the moment due to the Regionals, etc. Another idea would be to call Giles at Triangle Horse Sports in Raleigh for ideas or NC State Vet Clinic in Raleigh. Good luck!

Arado*TB
Sep. 6, 2009, 06:48 PM
WJ Barry[they have a website] might get you there however, I would doubt by this Tues. Perhaps the next trip?

ksully913
Sep. 7, 2009, 08:11 PM
I used www.uship.com to find a shipper to bring my horse from NJ to NC. Shippers bid to their lowest price to get your business. My horse shipped for $350, and had fabulous care!