PDA

View Full Version : competing in jumpers #s needed?

2LeftHooves
Sep. 3, 2009, 09:35 PM
I am a member of USEF and USHJA. My horse however is not yet registered. I'm competing at a show on Sunday in jumpers, does my horse need to be registered with both?

PNWjumper
Sep. 3, 2009, 10:51 PM
If it's a USEF rated show then yes, he needs to have a horse ID. They changed how it works this year and I think getting a basic horse ID costs $30 now (there may be a co-registration with the USHJA for the horse when you sign up??? I can't recall what I did for the one I signed up in May).

What level are you competing at? If you're showing at 3'6" or above you have to have a USEF Horse Registration number, which is different than the horse ID ($75 for a one-year membership and $200 for the lifetime registration).

grandprixjump
Sep. 3, 2009, 10:59 PM
The Horse ID number went away with the NEW USHJA number, UNLESS you wanted to go for HOY awards. That is the way it was explained before. What your saying is USHJA just wanted to increase the RIP-OFF of people with a NEW FEE...

PNWjumper
Sep. 3, 2009, 11:27 PM
The Horse ID number went away with the NEW USHJA number, UNLESS you wanted to go for HOY awards. That is the way it was explained before. What your saying is USHJA just wanted to increase the RIP-OFF of people with a NEW FEE...

You're right. The FREE Horse ID number went away. Now you have to pay the $30 fee and it's affiliated with USHJA (at least it's a one-time fee and not annual). You have to have the USHJA number to compete in any hunter/jumper show that's USEF recognized. You can still opt to not record the horse, though, and "only" pay the $30 fee for the USHJA. I always wondered how long it would take before they figured out how to charge for the free Horse ID :rolleyes:

I just looked it up online to clarify for myself, and you automatically get the USHJA number with formerly life recorded horses (ones life recorded before November 2008). For new annual recordings you pay $105 ($75 + $30) and for life recordings you pay $200 plus $30.

And from the USEF.org website:
Q: Does my horse have to be recorded?
A: Horses must be recorded in order to:
--To be eligible for USEF Awards and Championship programs including the Farnam/Platform USEF Horse of the year Program. (GR1111)
--To be eligible to compete in a USEF Computer Ranking List class. (GR1102.2)
--To be eligible to compete in USEF/USDF qualifying and championship classes and USEF National Championships for Dressage. (DR127)
--To acquire an FEI or National Passport and FEI Registration number. (GR1103, GR1104)

Seal Harbor
Sep. 3, 2009, 11:56 PM
1) The horse must be registered with the USHJA - a one time only fee of $30

2) the horse needs a USEF ID - you can still get one FREE if you do it online. If you do it via snail mail it costs $10.

The USEF and the USHJA want both numbers to be the same. Go to the USHJA site and register the horse, it will probably be given a matching FREE USEF horse ID if it doesn't already have one, if it does have one that will need to be entered in the box that is labled USEF ID/Recording#
http://www.ushja.org/content/horse/horse_reg.aspx

If you have an online account it will ask you for your user name and password, if you do not it will ask you to create one.

Pretty simple.

HunterJumperLuv
Sep. 4, 2009, 09:19 PM
I would have to check in the rulebook, but I do believe you have to have a recording if you're competing in classes with $2500 or more in prize money. (Could also be pulling that from god only knows, so if anyone knows if thats true or not.. probably would be appreciated!)

S A McKee
Sep. 4, 2009, 10:00 PM
What level are you competing at? If you're showing at 3'6" or above you have to have a USEF Horse Registration number, which is different than the horse ID ($75 for a one-year membership and $200 for the lifetime registration).

That's incorrect.

HunterJumperLuv mentioned $2500 in prize money as the point that a recording is needed. But that's only for Jumper classes.
You can show in anything else with a HID/USHJA number.

HunterJumperLuv
Sep. 4, 2009, 10:21 PM
So, I'm just going to sum this all up.

Your horse has to have a USHJA #.

If you are doing jumpers with $2500 or above in prizemoney, you must have a horse recording. (This is in addition to the $30 USHJA #.)

If you wish to accrue Horse of the Year / Zone Points etc with USEF, you must have a horse recording.

Horses who had a lifetime horse recording prior to the instatement of the USHJA Registration #, you were automatically enrolled in the USHJA program, free of charge.

The owner, rider, and trainer of the horse must also have active USEF and USHJA memberships.

Costs are as follows:

USHJA Horse Registration - $30 one time (supposed) lifetime membership.
USEF Horse Recording - $75 for an annual recording, $200 for a lifetime recording.
(In addition to USHJA) (Annual expires end of Nov!)

USEF People Membership - $55 (Expires end of Nov!)
USHJA People Membership - $55 (Expires end of Nov!)
Non Member USEF Fee - $30 (Count's only for the horse show it is paid at!)
Non Member USHJA Fee - $30 (Count's only for the horse show it is paid at!)

I think I got it all ;)

Molly99
Sep. 6, 2009, 09:51 PM
The $2500 jumper recorded rule is gone.

Horses only need to be recorded for the following:

25,000+ grand prix, young jumper classes, and if they want points to count. Otherwise, you do NOT need to record the horse. No matter what, you will need the $30 USHJA horse registration. Horse will be given a USEF ID at the same time as the USHJA registation, unless it already has a number. If it already has a # with USEF, then that will become the USHJA # as well.

Think of the horse registration as mimicking the people membership, except you don't have to do the horse one each year.

PNWjumper
Sep. 6, 2009, 10:51 PM
The $2500 jumper recorded rule is gone.

Horses only need to be recorded for the following:

25,000+ grand prix, young jumper classes, and if they want points to count. Otherwise, you do NOT need to record the horse. No matter what, you will need the $30 USHJA horse registration. Horse will be given a USEF ID at the same time as the USHJA registation, unless it already has a number. If it already has a # with USEF, then that will become the USHJA # as well.

Think of the horse registration as mimicking the people membership, except you don't have to do the horse one each year.

Is that new this year?

Last year I was told that I HAD to have a recording number to show one of my mares in the Adult Amateur Jumpers. I thought I was told the same thing this year when I was signing my new little mare up for the AA Jumpers for the kid who's been riding her, but I could have just pulled out the checkbook when it was suggested because I *thought* it was still required.