PDA

View Full Version : Northrun Ashland Saddle

HowDoILook
Sep. 3, 2009, 06:38 PM
Anyone have any experience with this saddle? Any opinions on it? Ive been looking for a new (well used but new to me) saddle, and happen to come across one. Ive never heard of them before

janedoe726
Sep. 3, 2009, 09:13 PM
They're awesome! I've had mine for 12+ years and I still love it. Bought a second one, too. Great for the money!! Do a search on here and you'll find plenty of threads on Ashlands. I don't think I've heard any negative about them!

BeastieSlave
Sep. 3, 2009, 09:26 PM
I hadn't heard of them before running across one either...
The saddle fit for my long-legged daughter and the shark-fin withered, but not narrow, horse. I bought it used and had a couple billets replaced. The master saddler who worked on it said it was a very nice and well made saddle. I ended up selling it for a tidy profit so I was pretty much pleased with it all the way around :)

KateKat
Sep. 3, 2009, 09:51 PM
LOVE THIS SADDLE. I've been searching for a used one for quite some time. They are well made, well balanced and close contact which I love. If its a good deal, snatch that thing up!!

mothermucker12
Sep. 4, 2009, 07:00 AM
my daughter has been riding in one for 6 years(bought new) and she loves it! hopefully it will be her forever saddle!

snobetty
Sep. 4, 2009, 10:14 AM
I have the Ashland II (slightly deeper seat) in a wide tree for my Holsteiner. And I ride my TB in a Beval Devon. Far and away I like the Ashland better than the Beval - while the Beval is *just fine* the Northrun is super comfortable. I've had my Ashland 7 years now and it's still in excellent condition as well.

bear necessities
Sep. 4, 2009, 05:00 PM
I loved loved loved my Ashland..until I grew! It was very hard to part with it, that's for sure!! They are so comfortable and fit both of my horses nicely!

brummelhorsefarm
Sep. 4, 2009, 07:58 PM
Hi,

I have had two Ashland's and love them! My first was a 16" which I used for a while until I finally outgrew it. I bought a 1/2 size up and am currently using that to ride around 10 horses daily. They are very pretty, comfy, and durable. Hope that helps!

janedoe726
Sep. 4, 2009, 09:49 PM
I also wanted to add that a couple months ago, I emailed Northrun to see if they did repairs (hey- stuff happens in 13 years!!), and the lady promptly emailed me back with a name an phone number of whom to call. Well, I called the nice man, with whom I spoke for about 10 minutes before I figured out he's the OWNER of the company. He had personally called several people and found one to repair the saddle for me. Nicest man ever- we chatted for over 20 minutes!! :yes:

Hunter Mom
Sep. 4, 2009, 10:23 PM
One of the women I ride with has one. I rode in it last night, in fact, and it is very comfortable, well balanced, etc. I'd definitely consider one.

jen-s
Sep. 4, 2009, 10:32 PM
Love, Love, Love them.

Trixie
Sep. 4, 2009, 10:50 PM
I had one for about ten years. It was about 15 or so years old when I put into semi retirement this spring, having worn through both knee rolls and there being a slight rip in the seat. It fit most horses I put it on. I contemplated "upgrading" for a while to a fancier or more expensive saddle but there never seemed to be much point.

That being said, it was of the "older" ashland leather, which seemed to me to be softer and more supple than some of the newer models.