PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to the Parkland Dressage Festival?

adelmo95
Sep. 3, 2009, 07:26 AM
Just curious how many posters will be attending this show in Alberta

Moogles
Sep. 4, 2009, 09:01 AM
No horse to show:( Did you go to the CDI in Edmonton?

Masinya
Sep. 4, 2009, 10:49 AM
I am more of a lurker than an poster, but I will be competing.

Caroline

adelmo95
Sep. 5, 2009, 12:15 PM
That's too bad you don't have a horse to show. I didn't go to the Edmonton CDI for a couple reasons; didn't want to take too much time off of work, and wasn't sure if I was allowed to compete on a pony at a CDI show.

I think I could have taken her as it looks like you have to be doing the FEI levels before you are not allowed to compete on a pony in CDI competitions, but when you read other places it looks like amateurs can't show a pony at all at a CDI show. I figured for a pony in its first year of showing it would be easier to just wait for the Parkland Dressage Festival where I knew we were allowed to show.

What level are you doing Caroline? I also do more lurking on this site than posting...

TropicalStorm
Sep. 5, 2009, 11:19 PM
I am going as well and will be taking my big grey boy :)

Moogles
Sep. 7, 2009, 06:38 AM
That's too bad you don't have a horse to show.

I ended up leasing my horse to a junior. I was riding a horse for someone but now another girl is riding it when she lost her horse. I actually feel a little down because I don't have the freedom to ride whenever I want now, but only in lessons (damn expensive too:o).

Dressagemaiden
Sep. 7, 2009, 09:57 AM
I'm planning to come out and watch! Hopefully I'll be riding in it next year. Do they still have the pet costume fun class?? I've got two whippets!

adelmo95
Sep. 7, 2009, 10:50 AM
I hadn't heard of a pet costume fun class, if there is going to be one someone please let me know as my pup is going to be at the horse show as well so would be more than happy to participate in that type of class with her...

Masinya
Sep. 7, 2009, 12:46 PM
I am competing at First Level.

Yes, there is a pet costume class on Saturday during the gala evening. The following is from the Parkland Festival prize list:
We will be once again hosting our dog and cat costume/trick class during the gala evening of musical freestyles on Saturday. You must make your entry at the show office. Please write a brief intro on your pet and their unique talent or outfit. We will be inviting our esteemed international judges to award this event so come out and join us for a very fun time!

For future reference, the CDI is for Prix St. Georges and up, so there is a Gold National show held concurrently with the CDI. So please do enter next year, there is prize money and prize draws too! You can also just enter classes on Saturday and Sunday so you don`t have to take so much time off work, the only thing that you will not be able to do, is ride in the show rings prior to your class. There were quite a few people who just entered Friday, Saturday and Sunday this year.

Caroline

adelmo95
Sep. 7, 2009, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the clarification about the Edmonton CDI show, that is what I thought but wasn't entirely sure. Also thanks for the info about the dog class I will definitely have to take Mya in it.

PaulaM
Sep. 8, 2009, 03:15 PM
I'll be there, My horse Freddy (aka Texs Breeze) and I will be competing at Training Level.

adelmo95
Sep. 10, 2009, 07:21 AM
good to see that some fellow COTHers will be there. I will be there with my pony Matilda

Masinya
Sep. 10, 2009, 12:48 PM
adelmo95, what level are you competing?

adelmo95
Sep. 10, 2009, 02:29 PM
Third level

PaulaM
Sep. 10, 2009, 03:30 PM
for those of us who have never "met" in person, how about we share some pictures of us and our horses to allow possible recognition.

I already know Caroline and her wonderful boy, Takai. This is my boy and I.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/photo.php?pid=3162884&op=1&o=global&view=global&subj=657877342&id=521861078

adelmo95
Sep. 10, 2009, 05:27 PM
Good idea,
Matilda and I will likely stick out a little due to her size and unique face marking... Here are a couple pics
Schooling at home: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2221800&id=501539405&ref=mf#/photo.php?pid=1744059&id=501539405

Claresholm show: http://www.fittpersonaltraining.com/studio.html

Kim

TropicalStorm
Sep. 10, 2009, 07:06 PM
This be the grey beast and I. He's pretty hard to miss because he's so big :)
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs110.snc1/5096_119761675258_567570258_3392478_3259943_n.jpg

PaulaM
Sep. 13, 2009, 10:51 AM
Wow, ride times are out already too. Just downloaded from the Alberta Dressage website. They have other notices posted as well, so please make sure you read them all.

Masinya
Sep. 14, 2009, 02:07 PM
Here are a couple of pictures of Takai from last year.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2064250&id=1595769644

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2064250&id=1595769644#/photo.php?pid=2064251&id=1595769644

PaulaM
Sep. 21, 2009, 11:32 AM
soo, I do know that Masinya did absolutely fantastic! Congratulations.

but how did everyone else make out???

adelmo95
Sep. 22, 2009, 08:45 AM
I would say that I accomplished my goals with Matilda of giving her more show experience and verifying that she is exactly the same at a show as she is at home. I knew going in that it was asking a lot to take a 5 year old in third against some exceptionally nice well trained horses, and so we were scored accordingly as she still needs to get strong enough to be able to carry herself, but I was thrilled with her willingness to try. It was also interesting to see the variation in scoring from one judge to another on the same test (6% difference), so I would say that some judges were more accepting of the pony...

I would have to say that I was very impressed with how well the show was run.

TropicalStorm
Sep. 22, 2009, 10:23 AM
My horse was brilliant. Sadly, I was not :D

The first day I was thrilled with him. i fell apart in a major way after he spooked and my dull witted brain didn't pull it back together. The test actually reads something like 7-7-7-7-8-7-7-7-6-4-4-4-5-6...so you can see the real drop. Had we continued like we started, I'm thinking we would have actually hit 70%.

I actually got a few of my worst scores ever, which was sad. I blame the cold meds :cool: I actually had one judge come up to me after my worst ride and say "your horse is lovely, but test accuracy seems to be a problem for you..." after I rode my 20m circles as if they were 40m eggs. What a nightmare - I don't actually even fully remember that ride I was so out of it!

But I was very pleased with him all in all. Definitely not my best performance out there - I actually apologized to him at one point, but it was educational, and the judges comments were very helpful for me.

Masinya
Sep. 22, 2009, 11:39 AM
soo, I do know that Masinya did absolutely fantastic! Congratulations.

but how did everyone else make out???

Thanks Paula, yes we had a fantastic show. I still cannot believe how well we did. My horse was so good, he has come a long way!

Well done on coming third in the Western Regionals at Training Level, you should be thrilled too!

Caroline

PaulaM
Sep. 23, 2009, 05:03 PM
Masinya, I am not surprised at all on how well you guys did! Your partnership has progressed so very nicely.

I am very pleased with how Mr. Freddy and I did as well. I was actually very surpised to end up 3rd in Western Regionals. Freddy was really struggling with that footing in the ring on the track. I mean, we can't say our marks were truly consistent.

In provincials, Test 3 we received a 62.800 and Test 4 a 53.200%, and in Regionals Test 3 a 63.200% and Test 4 a 55.200%.

However, with the exception of placing at Provincials, I have met all my goals I set forth for this year.

And got my 4th score towards my Bronze with DC, now to just fill in the paperwork and send it on in.

WhatzUp
Oct. 7, 2009, 01:40 AM
My horse was brilliant. Sadly, I was not :D

The first day I was thrilled with him. i fell apart in a major way after he spooked and my dull witted brain didn't pull it back together. The test actually reads something like 7-7-7-7-8-7-7-7-6-4-4-4-5-6...so you can see the real drop. Had we continued like we started, I'm thinking we would have actually hit 70%.

I actually got a few of my worst scores ever, which was sad. I blame the cold meds :cool: I actually had one judge come up to me after my worst ride and say "your horse is lovely, but test accuracy seems to be a problem for you..." after I rode my 20m circles as if they were 40m eggs. What a nightmare - I don't actually even fully remember that ride I was so out of it!

But I was very pleased with him all in all. Definitely not my best performance out there - I actually apologized to him at one point, but it was educational, and the judges comments were very helpful for me.

Hi,

I saw you (on a 16.2HHish grey gelding) and your warmup looked
just fine ... you make a lovely pair ! I recognize you from the
photo you posted above...

Do not be so hard on yourself - it is already a win to enter the ring!

Congratulations on riding in the Provincials !!

Yours in sport,

Lynn

WhatzUp
Oct. 7, 2009, 01:48 AM
I hadn't heard of a pet costume fun class, if there is going to be one someone please let me know as my pup is going to be at the horse show as well so would be more than happy to participate in that type of class with her...

Hi !

Did you compete in the Pet class ?

I used to take Her Royal Highness Princess Store Kitty but
it did not work out this year for me ... working nights ...
The Pet class has always been AWESOME !

Her HUGE claim to fame will always be that a dressage judge,
Cara Whitham, "LOVED" her temperment and conformation ! :yes:
(Princess licked her actually ...)

That year we were Reserve Champions - a rescued kitten won !!!

Back to jumper land now ...

Yours in sport,

Lynn

adelmo95
Oct. 7, 2009, 08:49 AM
I did, I ran out of time to make a costume for her so she had to resort to a trick. Next year I will be better prepared...

TropicalStorm
Oct. 7, 2009, 09:55 AM
Hi,

I saw you (on a 16.2HHish grey gelding) and your warmup looked
just fine ... you make a lovely pair ! I recognize you from the
photo you posted above...

Do not be so hard on yourself - it is already a win to enter the ring!

Congratulations on riding in the Provincials !!

Yours in sport,

Lynn

Haha, thank you :) Its good to know that it didn't look as awful as it felt.
You should have come up and introduced yourself!!

I did get a couple of photos that I am happy with though :)
http://kayla.horse-corner.com/enrique/show/reddeer13head.JPG
http://kayla.horse-corner.com/enrique/show/reddeer16fav.JPG
http://kayla.horse-corner.com/enrique/show/RedDeerFav.JPG

paula, did you get any pictures of your nice beastie?

PaulaM
Oct. 8, 2009, 05:56 PM
sadly, I didn't get any pictures this year. I took some pretty good ones of my coach, but had noone to arm my camera for me. I don't think Gisela got any of us either.