PDA

View Full Version : Isabell Werth, I have just one thing to say to you...

_downpour_
Sep. 3, 2009, 06:01 AM
I do not like the surcingle on your saddles. They get in the way, slip, and IMHO are unnecessary. Why are they there?

egontoast
Sep. 3, 2009, 07:24 AM
That's what scissors are for.

slc2
Sep. 3, 2009, 08:08 AM
The strap is for holding down the saddle flap. Some people like it, others don't. I seriously doubt Isabel Werth herself had a whole lot to do with it. It was very popular when that saddle first was designed and has stayed a part of the design since then.

Cielo Azure
Sep. 3, 2009, 08:17 AM
The strap is for holding down the saddle flap. Some people like it, others don't. I seriously doubt Isabel Werth herself had a whole lot to do with it. It was very popular when that saddle first was designed and has stayed a part of the design since then.

Huh?
http://www.wintec.net.au/company/isabellLegacy.html
I would think that she would play an extremely active role in the fit and type of every saddle she rode in. At the level she rides, every little detail is important. As she considers herself part of the design process of at least one brand of saddles, she would be more than passive. Either there is a reason (as in she like it that way and benefitss her rides in some way) or she is testing the saddle out in some way. She would not just put up with something because that was the initial design. I would think she had a whole lot to do it.

slc2
Sep. 3, 2009, 08:27 AM
So...what planet did you say you're from dear?

USUALLY, the product is FINISHED, and the person is asked if they want to endorse it for a couple bucks, and they say yes.:D

Actually having something to do with the design may have been some involvement at some point, but an endorser is HARDLY responsible for every aspect of the product!

Carol O
Sep. 3, 2009, 09:09 AM
There are pesky, but if your remove them, at least keep them around to re-attach should you decide to re-sell the saddle. If you keep them there, do not tighten when you buckle up; let them hang down with a few fingers between the belly and the strap. I have seen injuries to the horse when a bit of skin gets caught between the girth and flap straps.

Arizona DQ
Sep. 3, 2009, 01:31 PM
That's what scissors are for.

That sure worked for me. First thing I did when I got my saddle was cut the darned things off....:winkgrin:

Invite
Sep. 3, 2009, 06:43 PM
I had an Isabell. I cut that darn extra strap right off. My saddle sold at a tack store almost immediately and not one person said a negative word about my handy work with scissors ;)