PDA

View Full Version : Isabell Werth gets 6 months, FN says OK 2012 !!!

canyonoak
Sep. 2, 2009, 09:27 PM
http://www.sms-pferdenews.de/

Hotcha!

Isabell Werth gets a 6 month suspension, which she agrees to, plus fines...AND the German Federation (FN) agrees that the sentence is fair and will not contest it further.

AND--she is eligible for 2012 Olympics!!!!

slc2
Sep. 2, 2009, 10:24 PM
I'm glad to hear her career and future won't be ruined. And I think this is decent of the organizations. I think she deserves respect for being honest. But I am not in favor of a cavalier use of medications.

Balloon
Sep. 3, 2009, 12:07 AM
Better than 2 YEARS!

AND--she is eligible for 2012 Olympics!!!!

What about WEG next year?

Fixerupper
Sep. 3, 2009, 12:13 AM
I think she'll be 'birthing' her baby about then anyway ;)

FN getting soft?!!?

Sabine
Sep. 3, 2009, 12:47 AM
I think she'll be 'birthing' her baby about then anyway ;)

FN getting soft?!!?

Baby's due in November 09- stand by for WEG- that's why I am going there... so she better be there!!!

egontoast
Sep. 3, 2009, 06:48 AM
But I am not in favor of a cavalier use of medications.

Well gee, who is?

Interesting that is your assessment of the situation.

DownYonder
Sep. 3, 2009, 07:10 AM
FN getting soft?!!?

More like, the FN knows it is in big trouble on the international front. The Germans have been soundly bounced off the gold platform for the foreseeable future, and they will need all their big guns if they hope to retain silver in upcoming world competitions. The Brits and the Danes are gunning for them. ;)

egontoast
Sep. 3, 2009, 07:21 AM
Six months plus the damage to reputation is surely punishment enough.

And since I can predict what will be said in reply, I'm not saying there should be no consequences for breaking the rules. Just saying it's punishment enough already. She and others are not likely to miss the deterrence message.

torontodressage
Sep. 3, 2009, 10:55 AM
More like, the FN knows it is in big trouble on the international front. The Germans have been soundly bounced off the gold platform for the foreseeable future, and they will need all their big guns if they hope to retain silver in upcoming world competitions. The Brits and the Danes are gunning for them. ;)

EXACTLY :yes: Plus the Swedish

siegi b.
Sep. 3, 2009, 12:50 PM
I just read on the link that Canyonoak provided that Isabelle's participation in the Olympics is "hanging from a very thin thread" because the DOSB could still "flex its muscle in the ongoing battle against doping."

Let's hope there won't be any flexing of muscles or other body parts!:yes:

MEP
Sep. 3, 2009, 04:42 PM
Although the FN has been absolutely hard nosed to the point of destroying their own teams, I wonder if the solid international support Isabelle got helped them decide to just accept this verdict.

Hazelnut
Sep. 3, 2009, 07:37 PM
OK, it's been dealt with. I like seeing Isabele Werth ride. I want to see Isabelle Werth have a healthy child and then ride at the WEG next year.