PDA

View Full Version : Leone Equestrians

KateKat
Sep. 2, 2009, 06:25 PM
Sorry if there is already info out there about this but I couldn't find much...

Since my trainer is leaving me soon *sniff* I was considering checking out Leone and their riding school program. Their facility looks appealing to me as it is very close to my home and would be ideal for when I hope to have my own horse in a few years. However, I haven't been able to find much out about them, other than what is on their website and Leone's obvious reputation in the area (although at this point I doubt I would ride with him but his assistants). Has anyone ridden in their program?

MHM
Sep. 2, 2009, 07:35 PM
Well. For starters, you need to be a little more specific. Which Leone brother are you asking about?

Peter at Lionshare in CT?

Or Mark at Ri-arm in NJ?

KateKat
Sep. 2, 2009, 08:00 PM
oops sorry. Its Rudy Leone in Sacramento.

Silk
Sep. 2, 2009, 08:09 PM
No need to be sorry:) Rudy's place is called Leone Equestrian, so you had the name acurate. I have not heard much ...most of what I hear is in regards to the other two brothers.

lauriep
Sep. 2, 2009, 08:29 PM
Rudy isn't a brother. Don't know if he is related, but not a brother.

LovesHorses
Sep. 2, 2009, 08:48 PM
One of my best friends works there! Call the barn number listed on the website and someone will get back to you. Rudy and Jill are gone a lot. Jill does the riding school lessons when she is home, but otherwise the assistants teach. They are all very good. -Lara

FAW
Sep. 2, 2009, 10:46 PM
Heard good things about Rudy's program

forward ride
Sep. 3, 2009, 02:54 PM
I had the pleasure of meeting a few of the Leone people last year at Thermal (including Rudy). Jill and her sister Jan were very nice and awesome riders. If you check out Juan Ayora's Facebook, he posts a bunch about the Leone Equestrian winners. They won a bunch of the GPs or Classics at Pebble Beach a bit back. Don't know what level you are at or anything, but my group (at Thermal) was in the lower jumpers (AAs and MoJAms) and the Leone people were very inclusive. Plus they have big shows at their location a few times a year. I've never been to the facility, but it looks awesome. I'd say it's worth checking out at least.

mjrtango93
Sep. 3, 2009, 04:11 PM
The price tag to keep a horse at Leone Equestrian is fairly steep, not sure about the training price tag if you are on a school horse. There are several trainers in the Sacramento area that travel the A circuit though if Leone is too steep. From what I have heard on them you will rarely see Rudy, mostly you would work with Jill. Also if you have a horse in training there are several girls at the barn that would do the schooling at home, then Rudy would show.

showmom858
Sep. 3, 2009, 06:38 PM
They were at Pebble Beach in the summer when our barn was there and one of our girls rode a horse of theirs in a couple of classes. My DD thoguht that everyone at their barn was very nice.

UrbanHunterAntics
Sep. 3, 2009, 08:22 PM
Always hear good things and good news from their barn every time they come back from a show! Lucky you, I definitely recommend Leone Equestrian. I wonder if they compete at any SAHJA shows..does anyone know?

LovesHorses
Sep. 3, 2009, 08:41 PM
All the good A circuit barns in Sacramento run around $1250 to $1500.

indygirl2560
Sep. 3, 2009, 08:49 PM
All the good A circuit barns in Sacramento run around $1250 to $1500.
Yep, and if you did move your horse there, you'd be able to go to all their shows! I've shown there before and I know some people who ride with Rudy and they haven't had anything bad to say. From what I've experienced from showing there is that all the arenas are in great condition and my friend showed my the barn and it looked nice too.

indygirl2560
Sep. 3, 2009, 08:50 PM
Always hear good things and good news from their barn every time they come back from a show! Lucky you, I definitely recommend Leone Equestrian. I wonder if they compete at any SAHJA shows..does anyone know?
Leone's? They hold some of the SAHJA shows! I just went to one a couple weeks ago at their place.

KateKat
Sep. 3, 2009, 09:59 PM
Thanks everyone! I don't mind if there is no riding with Rudy, I don't have super competitive A circuit dreams. I'll have to give them a call to see what sup :)

Roulett
Sep. 4, 2009, 07:50 PM
Heard good things about Rudy's program

I will second that ----- he's a good guy! He also manages the Sacramento
Horse show -- I just got the prize list today.

TB110
Sep. 4, 2009, 08:46 PM

They hold quite a few SAHJA shows - Let's Show - and, starting this year, they are hosting the Pickwick Horse Shows, Golden State Horse Shows, the NorCal Medal Finals, the Horse and Hound Finals, and The Sacramento International Horse Show which is a world cup final.

They have a website: http://www.leoneequestrians.com/