PDA

View Full Version : Would you use this for riding fitness?!

murph
Sep. 2, 2009, 05:41 PM
Just found this on ebay, not sure what to think of it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Realistic-Horse-Riding-Exerciser-Machine-High-Quality_W0QQitemZ320416389370QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4a9a4e18fa&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Anyone tried one?

I don't have an indoor arena so spend every winter all winter not riding and thought maybe this would be neat to keep up core fitness and riding muscles working if it really does what it says it does. I've read about them and some people really rave about them and they are becoming popular at gyms apparently.

Would like it better if the price were cheaper though :D

SprinklerBandit
Sep. 2, 2009, 05:43 PM
Uh... I would not buy it. It looks like an expensive gadget. I'd prefer to invest the money into either a local gym membership or board at a barn with an indoor. (Depending on where you live, of course.)

wsmoak
Sep. 2, 2009, 06:00 PM
Just found this on ebay, not sure what to think of it:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Realistic-Horse-Riding-Exerciser-Machine-High-Quality_W0QQitemZ320416389370QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4a9a4e18fa&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Pass. You can do quite a bit with a Swiss exercise ball. (For example: Lie down, put your ankles on the 'equator', point toes at ceiling and lift your butt off the ground. Those are the muscles you use in two-point.)

That $600 is 8 sessions with my personal trainer, a far better use of the funds!

--
Wendy

Cindyg
Sep. 2, 2009, 10:24 PM
I would love to have one of those if it really moved like a horse and if it really sat like a saddle on a horse. Heather Moppet uses that kind of gadget in lessons. Probably others do to.

But the one you posted had the stirrups in the (way) wrong position. I'd pass on that one.

spmoonie
Sep. 2, 2009, 10:28 PM
Its a neat idea, but I think I'd pass. Too expensive. :/

caradino
Sep. 3, 2009, 10:29 AM
Pass. You can do quite a bit with a Swiss exercise ball. (For example: Lie down, put your ankles on the 'equator', point toes at ceiling and lift your butt off the ground. Those are the muscles you use in two-point.)

That $600 is 8 sessions with my personal trainer, a far better use of the funds!

--
Wendy

agreed. get a gym membership, or some free weights and an exercise ball and you're set! another one i like on the ball is to sit on it, knees bent and feet flat on the floor, then walk forward so the ball rolls up under your shoulders, and walk yourself back to a sitting position. great for your core! there are also many plank exercises you can do to strengthen your core/abs/back, and you don't even need anything except yourself and the floor for those!

Couture TB
Sep. 3, 2009, 12:18 PM
I have the early version. The iGallop. Look on youtube for videos. I got it for regaining my balance after having nerological issues, some that are still going on. The movement is more like a gaited horse then a regular horse. But I am still glad I bought it since if I put my saddle on it I can do posting trot, two point, etc Oh and I only paid $300 for mine from Brookstone new since it was the old model

Couture TB
Sep. 3, 2009, 12:25 PM
I want one of these though http://www.equicizer.com/images/equicizer.com/default1.aspx?contentName=Stable