PDA

View Full Version : RJ Classics Sterling side zip breeches?

HuntJumpSC
Sep. 2, 2009, 01:41 PM
I just snagged a pair of RJ Classics side zip breeches on Ebay from EquusNow (I love Rose!) They are the Sterling collection, in a color called aubergine (looks like a brownish with purple undertones to me) I think they look similar to Tailored Sportsman's mocha color. The price was right, so I couldn't turn 'em down.

Anyone have a pair of these? How do they fit in comparison to TS breeches? I'm not worried about the color, since they'll be for schooling anyway. They retail for $109, and I got them for less than half of that. I've had a couple of RJ's coats and really loved them, but this will be my first pair of their breeches.

Jersey Fresh
Sep. 2, 2009, 10:55 PM
I dont have these (yet) but I have a few pairs from Rolex. I wear the same size in these as I do in 4ways.

I just bought a pair too from Equus Now and Im interested in seeing how they fit in comparison to the others. I love the 3 pairs I have now and was excited to see them on there! Sorry I wasnt much help =)

dancingequestrian85
Sep. 2, 2009, 11:31 PM
I got a pair of RJ's a few years ago and really liked them. I can't remember what collection they were from though. I showed in mine almost every weekend from spring to November I think 2 seasons ago and I still wore them every now and then after that. Still have them and they are in ok condition. I liked them overall :) A little bit longer than I like pants but that was the only thing I didn't really like. Maybe I should go buy another pair if they are that cheap on ebay!

superpony123
Sep. 2, 2009, 11:53 PM
They're good breeches. I think they're very well made, they just didn't fit me. TS fits me like a glove. I have a few pairs of ariat all-circuits for schooling that do fit but just not as perfectly as my TS schoolies do. the RJ breeches never really fit me (and it's too bad! they have a pretty shade of dark purple for one of their schooling breeches!! id snag them if i fit in them) so it could be hit or miss as far as fit goes--if you can fit perfect in TS and sort-of fit comfortably in ariat, the RJ's *might* not fit you. Or theyll fit you perfect! Youll find out whenever they arrive at the doorstep for you to try on :)

JenEM
Sep. 3, 2009, 12:01 AM
Oooh, I may have to check eBay! I've been coveting some of the colored breeches.

I LOVE my RJs! The pairs I've had wear very well, and come out of the washer looking like new. One pair I snagged a seam on some velcro on boots and it's pulled out, but the breeches have held up very well in spite of this.

TS fit me funny--I find them too short and disporportionate on me. Ariats fit me better, but neither fit me as well as the RJs do. Don't think I'll ever wear anything else for showing.

Jersey Fresh
Sep. 3, 2009, 08:03 AM
Oooh, I may have to check eBay! I've been coveting some of the colored breeches.

I LOVE my RJs! The pairs I've had wear very well, and come out of the washer looking like new. One pair I snagged a seam on some velcro on boots and it's pulled out, but the breeches have held up very well in spite of this.

This right here is the biggest bonus of RJs! They say dry clean only, but i toss them in the washer (on regular even) and they come out just fine! I snagged some nice ones at Rolex for $65 a pair and kept one clean to show in. Im not sure what line those are but they have super cute paisley on the knee patches and small trim on the pockets. I love them!

And def check ebay-I paid less than $30 for mine (though I bet this thread will drive the prices up if they list them again) =)

HuntJumpSC
Sep. 3, 2009, 11:24 AM
Thanks for the replies. :) Hopefully they will arrive today, looking forward to getting them. Not sure if there are any more listed on Ebay at the moment, but they were a fantastic deal.

vxf111
Sep. 3, 2009, 11:35 AM
It was Equusnow who had them on eBay, you might try contacting them directly if you're interested in buying more. Though maybe those were overstock/discontinued colors/odds and ends?

Vixenish
Sep. 3, 2009, 03:52 PM
I find that they fit very similar to the TS, but the rise on the RJs is lower than either my TS or my TS trophy hunters.

HuntJumpSC
Sep. 4, 2009, 09:28 AM
They came in yesterday and fit nicely! They are low rise, but not too bad, sit just below my hips. The color is very pretty~ think TS mocha with just a slight purple undertone and shouldn't show dirt at all. For the money, I'm pleased with them, they'll be perfect for schooling!

Jersey Fresh
Sep. 13, 2009, 10:21 AM
i went to ride in mine today and they are defective! Im super bummed and emailed Rose at Equus Now. The velcro on the bottom of one leg has two of the same sides, so its impossible to close up. I asked if I could swap them out and hope they are willing to do so! I was excited since they are a really pretty color and I love RJ breeches =)

theblondejumper
Sep. 13, 2009, 10:54 AM
Once I'm breech huntin' again I think I might be going after a pair of these! I'd like something I don't revere enough to fear wearing them hard like I do my TSs.