PDA

View Full Version : Can you ride a pony in the FEI 5 YO classes ?

mademoiselle
Sep. 2, 2009, 12:40 AM
Ok, I have a crazy question ... I have a nice pony that I would like to try to ride in the FEI 5 YO classes .. But I can't find any rules anywhere that says anything about breeds.
He has papers, so we can prove his age ...

Just wondering, it would be a great experience for him and it would be a good way for me to get used to the test, before I show my young horses in the next couple of years.

And yes, I understand the idea of these classes, it's to find the next Ravel or Totilas, which he is not, but I thought it would be a fun challenge.
I'm planning on showing him at 1st and 2nd level too.

RedMare01
Sep. 2, 2009, 01:18 AM
I believe they're open to any breed, so I don't know why a pony would be any different. A Hackney placed 9th out of 15 in the Developing Horses this year, which I thought was neat.

Caitlin

TMPF
Sep. 2, 2009, 07:21 AM
My friends German Riding Pony showed in the six year olds this year. He qualified for the National Championships but did not compete. Your pony would need papers only if you wanted to compete at nationals.

elly
Sep. 2, 2009, 07:40 AM
I am planning to compete our Welsh Pony stallion in the FEI 6 year olds in 2010 - I asked Jennifer Keeler about this and she told me, that all ponies are allowed to compete in the FEI classes, including the USEF/Markel Championship - BUT NOT in the Selection Trial for the World Championships ( due to CDI rules)

Good Luck to you and your pony

R Holyoak
Sep. 2, 2009, 05:46 PM
Could you tell me which Hackney placed 9th in Developing Horse

tabula rashah
Sep. 2, 2009, 07:49 PM
The Hackney Horse actually placed 10th in the Developing Horse Champs with an overall score of 63.133- His name is Baryshnikov ridden by Kelly O'Shea Duncan. He was really, really neat to watch:)
Here's a pic I took of him in the Awards Ceremony
Baryshnikov (http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2604/3859076215_b95d06712e.jpg)

tabula rashah
Sep. 2, 2009, 07:51 PM
I am planning to compete our Welsh Pony stallion in the FEI 6 year olds in 2010 - I asked Jennifer Keeler about this and she told me, that all ponies are allowed to compete in the FEI classes, including the USEF/Markel Championship - BUT NOT in the Selection Trial for the World Championships ( due to CDI rules)

Good Luck to you and your pony

Elly, is it Nick that you will be showing in the 6 year olds?

elly
Sep. 2, 2009, 08:23 PM
Yes, Mr. Nick and I will do our best to impress (or at least entertain) the judges next year in the FEI 6 year olds.

mademoiselle
Sep. 2, 2009, 09:28 PM
Yes, Mr. Nick and I will do our best to impress (or at least entertain) the judges next year in the FEI 6 year olds.

He is the 12.1H pony on your website ? The beautiful grey ?

I thougt I would be riding the smallest munchkin, but mine is a big boy ... he is 12.3H:lol::lol::lol:

DownYonder
Sep. 3, 2009, 06:28 AM

Can't wait to see it. You and Nick are the cutest combination ever! And you certainly will give the big guys a run for their money! :cool:

GreyDes
Sep. 3, 2009, 10:58 AM
Photos - we NEED a link to photos of these cuties :)

ponyjumper4
Sep. 3, 2009, 11:08 AM
An adult can ride a pony in national classes and it is pony by height, not breed.

I am pretty certain an adult can not ride a pony in FEI classes--I would check with the offices/rulebooks before signing up for an FEI class to double check.