PDA

View Full Version : Best Way To Package Close Contact Saddle

warmbloodguy
Sep. 1, 2009, 09:47 PM
I just sold my saddle.

I am shipping it UPS 3-Day from AZ to NJ. What are the best packaging ways you guys have found so that the saddle gets to the other party safe and sound. Packing Materials, Placement In The Box, etc...I need to know it all since I have never shipped a saddle before.

Thanks Alot Guys

MintHillFarm
Sep. 2, 2009, 06:20 AM
I took one that I sold to the local shipping place. For 25.00 they packed and wrapped it beautifully. The first thing the new owner said when she received the package was how perfectly it was packaged and that the saddle was in perfect shape, she was thrilled.

Your local UPS should be able to help.

Well worth the money...

Relative Ease
Sep. 2, 2009, 06:30 AM
I took one that I sold to the local shipping place. For 25.00 they packed and wrapped it beautifully. The first thing the new owner said when she received the package was how perfectly it was packaged and that the saddle was in perfect shape, she was thrilled.

Your local UPS should be able to help.

Well worth the money...

:yes:
Ditto. This is how my parents shipped my old PDN-style saddle from MA to CA. My Dad let the UPS guys figure it out, and they did a great job. Arrived in a huge box, floating in styrafoam peanuts, with improvised bubblewrapped supports in the gullet and gently bubblewrapped all around - I was hugely impressed at the thoughtful packing job - and my dad said these particular guys hadn't shipped a saddle before. But they were creative, conscientious and careful - definitely worth it. The box alone would have cost more than $25 had my parents tried to do it themselves.

LoriW
Sep. 2, 2009, 07:10 AM
Third this - I've shipped 3 saddles like this and all new owners were thrilled.