PDA

View Full Version : New Pony Needs a Name!

sansibar
Sep. 1, 2009, 07:50 AM
So we ended up getting a new project pony so my cousins can ride her and hopefully we can find a rider who will fit her to show her because she can jump, and she is fully trained! And is pretty awesome :)

So I decided on a barn name for her "Poppy" I just need a show name for her now, I kind of wanted to stick with fashion ideas for names since poppy is coach's new line. But honestly I am open to anything. :)

So she is a 13.2 POA x Welsh mare I am pretty sure her colour is appaloosa

Photo (http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs125.snc1/5400_265473650313_500990313_8546115_5718467_n.jpg) (Ignore how big I am on her haha)

BeaSting
Sep. 1, 2009, 08:02 AM
Coach's Little Sister

"Coach has just launched a little sister line, Poppy. Following in the footsteps of Victoria's Secret and their line, PINK, Coach is now offering a more youthful, vibrant and slightly more affordable line of shoes, jewelry and handbags aimed at the younger female audience."

kmsf
Sep. 1, 2009, 09:04 AM
I like Coach's Little Sister! Just looked to see what the bags are called: Glam, Spotlight, Starlet, Evie, Bonnie, and Groovy. Maybe a name to do with one of those?

Individualblue07
Sep. 1, 2009, 10:57 AM
Since you want to stick with fashion...

I suggest... (ok its kinda a doozy... lol but) Marimekko [məˈri:məkɔ]

They have very cute floral (poppy) designs!

And its fun to say! Its pronounced like merry-mecko (ask a finnish person and theyll give you the proper pronuciation. lol):lol:

englishivy
Sep. 1, 2009, 01:44 PM
At the farm where I grew up riding (in the 80's) we had a pony named Poppy, and her show name was Pop 'n' Fresh. She could be an evil pony, but we all rode and loved her. I vote for that, but of course I am bias.

Poppin Fresh is actually the "name" of the The Pillsbury Doughboy :lol:

luvs2ridewbs
Sep. 1, 2009, 02:06 PM
oo i love Marimekko prints!

vxf111
Sep. 1, 2009, 02:09 PM
Not fashion related, but there is a famous poem called "In Flanders Fields" about seeing a sea of poppies growing on the graves of fallen soliders. So you could do "Flanders Fields" as a show name.

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved, and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders Fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders Fields.

vxf111
Sep. 1, 2009, 02:10 PM
Also, a poppy is the logo for "Kenzo" perfume

http://www.bigdiscountfragrances.com/womens-fragrances/flower-perfume.html?refcode=FR_1

MyGiantPony
Sep. 1, 2009, 02:15 PM
Bag Lady.

:lol::lol::lol:

Nauset
Sep. 1, 2009, 03:53 PM
In The Spotlight
Signature Print <- my favorite!
Socialite
So Last Season
Fashion Police

MyGiantPony
Sep. 1, 2009, 03:57 PM
Aunt Esther

Sorry, I'm in a goofy mood today. :lol:

klmck63
Sep. 1, 2009, 04:09 PM
Since you want to stick with fashion...

I suggest... (ok its kinda a doozy... lol but) Marimekko [məˈri:məkɔ]

They have very cute floral (poppy) designs!

And its fun to say! Its pronounced like merry-mecko (ask a finnish person and theyll give you the proper pronuciation. lol):lol:

I love that! The print really is pretty famous, and pretty too :)

Marimekko (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_7cT-N57JZYY/R2vaIlsFvlI/AAAAAAAAHLc/AtGxYTaYWlU/s400/marimekko.gif)

vxf111
Sep. 1, 2009, 04:20 PM
Marimekko is a very creative idea... but no one will EVER pronounce it correctly. If that bothers you (and it would bother me-- I have a horse named "Sustained" and even though that's a dictionary word, it routinely got butchered. "The Son Dee Times" seems easy to me but got announced "The Sometimes" once) it's something to think about.

JinxyFish313
Sep. 1, 2009, 04:43 PM
Shade's of Gray or Gray Area!

MyGiantPony
Sep. 1, 2009, 04:54 PM
Marimekko is a very creative idea... but no one will EVER pronounce it correctly. If that bothers you (and it would bother me-- I have a horse named "Sustained" and even though that's a dictionary word, it routinely got butchered. "The Son Dee Times" seems easy to me but got announced "The Sometimes" once) it's something to think about.

It's amazing how difficult the simplest names turn out.

Tally's show name is Land Yacht.

Simple, right? Apparently, not so much. :lol:

Phaxxton
Sep. 1, 2009, 04:59 PM
It's amazing how difficult the simplest names turn out.

Tally's show name is Land Yacht.

Simple, right? Apparently, not so much. :lol:

I think every name has the possibility to be butchered. My friend's horse showed as "Just Jack" - I cannot tell you how many announcers didn't get it and introduced him as "Jack." I guess they thought "Just Jack" was instructions, not his name. :lol::lol:

Judges can't pronounce my last name, so no matter what, something gets butchered when I enter the show ring. :lol:

superpony123
Sep. 1, 2009, 07:39 PM
I second the marimekko ! the poppy print is pretty famous.

fashion names can be tricky, because a lot of people use them (i know a bunch of Fashion Weeks, Coco Chanels, Glamour Girls, Cover girls, etc...) though ive never seen someone use marimekko before :)

My ideas:

Milan (or Milano!) ..obviously a fashion capitol of the world
Miss Dior
Miss Dior Cherie (though those are probably taken by many too)
Missoni
Escada
Moon Sparkle (one of escada's perfumes. I always thought that'd be kind of a cute pony name)
Benetton (like united colors of benetton)
Pucci
Guerlain
Shopping Spree
Fashionista

Mamy
Sep. 1, 2009, 09:10 PM
I was thinking Fashionista.
I think she is cute!!!! Good luck with her!

CThorse
Sep. 2, 2009, 08:13 AM
i heard poppy and thought anything's possible :)

vxf111
Sep. 2, 2009, 08:38 AM
True, any name could be butchered-- but some are tougher than others. Marimekko is tough. I know what Marimekko is and I still have to phentically think about the name. Your average announcer has never heard the word before.

Nauset
Sep. 3, 2009, 08:24 PM
Have you decided on a name?

sansibar
Sep. 5, 2009, 09:50 PM
sorry lol I was at a university event so I was gone all week and rarely got a chance to pop on the computer

no I still haven't I like marimekko but I am picturing it being butchered I am probably going to with socialite for her, because there is a character in gossip girl named poppy who is a socialite. But I will post when I actually decide lol