PDA

View Full Version : REPUTABLE websites and other places to find used saddles

GreystoneKC
Aug. 31, 2009, 04:45 PM
Hoping the COTH authority can help out with a saddle search. A student may be getting her first saddle soon and I'd like to open our search to online, however, that is a dangerous place to shop, I know. I'm hoping to consolidate into one thread some of the many places people HAVE and have NOT recommended for confident shopping! I'm relatively familiar with scam language on the likes of ebay and craigslist, but any other tips are more than welcome. We're hoping to find her a used nicer saddle since they won't have a big budget, and we also will need something versatile since she will not have her own horse and it will most likely be used to ride a variety of critters.

Thanks for any suggestions and advice!

Pippen2
Aug. 31, 2009, 04:54 PM
I have used frenchusedsaddles.com and that worked out well, however most of these saddles are still going to be pretty pricey since they are mostly butets, antares, devacoux, etc. But my saddle came in the condition they had described and well packaged.

hollyhorse2000
Aug. 31, 2009, 04:57 PM
Good ones:

Trumbull Mountain
Rick's Heritage
Pelham Saddlery

among others

bizbachfan
Aug. 31, 2009, 04:58 PM
I got one on equisearch long ago and it went well but can't really rate them currently.

Sister7
Aug. 31, 2009, 05:01 PM
I've purchased a saddle from Bevals used site. They had excellent customer service throughout:
http://www.allthebestusedsaddles.com/

I also had a fantastic experience with the following site:
http://www.fine-used-saddles.com/

PONY751
Aug. 31, 2009, 05:04 PM
I have bought my last three saddles from eBay. All three were awesome! Just make sure you ask all the appropriate questions, request additional pics, get proper measurements, condition of saddle, etc. before bidding. I also thoroughly check feedback as saddles are high dollar items and I want to make sure of the seller's rep. beforehand. As you say you have knowledge of eBay and such you probably already know these things. I also have had great luck at my nearby tack consignment shop. They will let you take them, try them, and bring them back if they don't work out. That could be a good option for someone buying their first saddle. Anyway, a first saddle is an exciting event! Good luck!

Flsunnfun
Aug. 31, 2009, 05:26 PM
I sold mine through www.sensiblesaddles.com