PDA

View Full Version : $3,500 breeches?

cute_lil_fancy_pants_pony
Aug. 29, 2009, 02:43 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Aanstadt-Deerskin-Bareback-Breeches-Linda-Parellis-26_W0QQitemZ150322202751QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Defa ultDomain_0?hash=item22ffe6c87f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_5838wt_776

I found these $3,500 breeches on ebay. I can't really figure out this person's deal. Is it because Linda Parelli rode in them? From the description it doesn't even sound like she even rode in these breeches. Very weird. WTF mate.

FancyFree
Aug. 29, 2009, 02:55 PM
I'm pretty sure there's already a thread about these breeches.

They look terribly homemade.

a_quick_one
Aug. 29, 2009, 03:07 PM
Those have been on ebay for awhile, I think - I remember seeing them ages ago. At least that means that there's no one stupid enough to buy them!

nhwr
Aug. 29, 2009, 03:57 PM
I buy breeches according to the Star Trek motto:
I like to boldly go where no one has gone before.

LP having "used" these pants (and any possible cross contamination from PP) could only detract from their value, IMNTBHO.

TheHorseProblem
Aug. 29, 2009, 04:16 PM
The model in the pictures looks like Barbie.

cutemudhorse
Aug. 29, 2009, 07:38 PM
When I saw them a while back I thought it was a misprint.

Do the Rich and Famous buy their clothes on eBay????? :lol:

DancingQueen
Aug. 29, 2009, 10:11 PM
Who's used breeches would you spend that kind of money to sit in?

After tonight I'll go with Edward Gals.... Unwashed of course!:winkgrin:

pday09
Aug. 29, 2009, 10:16 PM
Yeah, those have been on Ebay for awhile now... I'm surprised there haven't been any takers. ;-)

Acertainsmile
Aug. 29, 2009, 10:23 PM
I might even pay a higher price for the pair with the stars on the a$$...:lol:

2Horse
Aug. 29, 2009, 11:15 PM
I would be afraid the Pepperoni voodoo would soak in my skin. Then my horses would kill me! :lol:

tempichange
Aug. 29, 2009, 11:38 PM
Same old song, different day.

Fixerupper
Aug. 30, 2009, 12:48 AM
For $3,500 you'd kind of expect her to be still in the breeches with a welcoming smile....or (as May West said) 'nothing on but the radio' :lol:

CatOnLap
Aug. 30, 2009, 11:02 AM
Why does Sonya have them? LINDA wanted Promax instead - a new fabric Sonya developed in
1999, and wanted a recycle (leather put on new fabric)
Shortly after recieving these pants, Sonya and Linda parted ways due to a difference
in philosopy. Sonya wanted people to see how her pants wore, so kept them intact.
In fact, over the 35 years of designing, she has a collection of Olympic Athlete's Breeches, in her Aanstadt Archive - you never know when one will pop up...such as these...
Translation: She custom designed these breeches for LP. LP wore them at least once and then gave them back, contracting to have Sonja put the leather on a different fabric for her. Sonja and LP argued over something, Sonya KEPT LP's pants and is now using them as a marketing tool to hawk her wares. The ad has many links to other designs and encourages you to buy the "same" pants at discounted prices, etc. Love the ones with the appliqued leather stars on the tushy. I bet those are comfortable...(not)

Oh. And since when did LP become an Olympic athlete..."such as these"...?

CatOnLap laughing my AnSStdat off.

dalpal
Aug. 30, 2009, 10:45 PM
While we did discuss this a few months back.....it's still fun to go over and read people's questions to Sonya.

I wonder how much she has already paid ebay in auction costs to keep those things up there...think she's gotten any business from the publicity? I wouldn't buy anything from her considering she has screwed so many people over.

Alagirl
Aug. 30, 2009, 10:49 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Aanstadt-Deerskin-Bareback-Breeches-Linda-Parellis-26_W0QQitemZ150322202751QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Defa ultDomain_0?hash=item22ffe6c87f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_5838wt_776

I found these $3,500 breeches on ebay. I can't really figure out this person's deal. Is it because Linda Parelli rode in them? From the description it doesn't even sound like she even rode in these breeches. Very weird. WTF mate.

Do they come with a horse?

caddym
Aug. 31, 2009, 07:05 AM
I hope LP does NOT ride commando

everyequine
Aug. 31, 2009, 07:21 AM
They are 10 years old!!! The breeches are worn, faded and rediculously high priced!

IMO, if you are giving a sponsorship to a rider, and the rider would like a different pair, you accomodate that rider. She will become the bread and butter for the compnay. If she's happy and wearing the product, she will tell others and they will wear it too. A fabric change should have been a non issue, and she should have let Linda keep those too.

if there was no sponsorship, and Linda was a paying customer, then she should have 100% done what Linda asked for!

MountainGirl7
Aug. 31, 2009, 10:49 AM
Crazy - at that price they'd better be made of gold or have some in the pockets, or something...