PDA

View Full Version : Looking for trainer with schoolmaster, Snohomish, Wa!

JackSprats Mom
Aug. 28, 2009, 07:48 PM
I would like to take one lesson a month on a school master to start learning some new stuff, can anyone recommend someone around the snohomish area?

Thanks

Cartier
Aug. 28, 2009, 07:54 PM
It's been years since I lived in the PNW, and I've actually forgotten, but isn't Snohomish near Woodinville... have you contacted Pam Penz (SP?) who years ago owned the stallion Wies Wien (again sp?). Pam may know of someone, or she may have what you want. Her farm was on the Woodenville- Duval Highway, about a mile south of the intersection with Avondale. Think it was called Darby Farm, it was near where Sterling Stables used to be (same side of the road).

JackSprats Mom
Aug. 28, 2009, 08:20 PM
I'll try that, its not too far but would love some where a little closer to home (near Smokey Point).

Thanks

hoopoe
Aug. 29, 2009, 09:50 AM
Stephanie Blockley-Clarke
607 300th St NW
Stanwood, WA 98292 [View Map] (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/maps/us/insert/Tmap/extmap/*-http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr=607+300th+St+NW&csz=Stanwood%2C+WA+98292&country=us)

(360) 770-6284
overlookfarm@netzero.com (overlookfarm@netzero.com)

Dressage instruction & training to GP. 30 years experience teaching and training dressage from lower levels to FEI and GP. Many years in USDF national year end awards and year end breed awards to FEI levels. All breeds welcome. Novices welcome. Top quality school horses available who are trained to FEI levels so that you can learn the feel of the level to which you aspire. Meadowgate, our 60 acre farm, offers rest and rehab care with individualized programs and turnout paddock and pastures of all sizes and footings

I assume you want Snohomish County, not the town

I have known Stephanie for many years and would happily recommend her

reidsporthorses.nz
Aug. 29, 2009, 10:18 AM
Kim Brodie-Lacy in arlington heights has her retired FEI horse- might be worth a call.

Andrea Lucianna has (I think) a PSG horse she gives lessons on. Highly recommend calling her.

Emma Dye (woodinville) has a 4th level school horse. He has super easy flying changes.

Debbie Fornia- DeWitt might have something- she is in Monroe.

Stephanie has school horses but not schoolmasters.

Janne Sleeper might be worth a call too- she has an older FEI horse, not sure if he is available for lessons. She is at White Birch which is 5 mins from Smokey Point.

What level horse are you looking for?

JackSprats Mom
Sep. 1, 2009, 11:14 PM
Many thanks guys!

I'll start calling around...not looking for anything amazing, would like 3/4th lvl as my guy is getting solid 1st/2nd, hence want a schoolmaster to learn my next stuff on.

:D

PennyChrome
Sep. 2, 2009, 11:08 PM
Lindsey Anderson in Orting
Janet Grunbok on Bainbridge Island has horses through GP though I know nothing about her lesson program, if she even has one.

hoopoe
Sep. 2, 2009, 11:39 PM
although both pretty far from snohomish county

Tiligsmom
Sep. 3, 2009, 01:15 PM
I believe Shaun McLaughlin-Myers has upper level lesson horses. They are in Auburn

http://www.skmdressage.com/

scubed
Sep. 3, 2009, 02:36 PM
I believe Lisa Cope, in Redmond has school horse lessons
http://www.sansebastianec.net/

WingedPanda
Sep. 4, 2009, 03:46 AM
Sent you a PM. :yes:

spottedfiona
Jan. 12, 2013, 06:31 PM
Stephanie has school horses but not schoolmasters.

Just saw this and had to comment. I, along with hoopee, have know Stephanie for a long time. I find it interesting that reidsporthorses.nz felt qualified to speak to the training of Stephanie's horses... I did some research. A number of Stephanie's horses trained and scores achieved do not even show up on centerlinescores.com because that database only goes back to a certain date. I believe Stephanie began to show USDF in 1978 so many of her horses trained and scores do not show up anywhere. Let's just leave it that, if she says she's got school horses for all levels of dressage, I would imagine that one can believe her...

RedmondDressage
Jan. 13, 2013, 01:08 PM
You've received some good suggestions. I wish I could recommend my instructor because she's absolutely top notch in the area but she doesn't have school horses. There is one instructor mentioned above that I would caution you to proceed carefully with. Obviously I am not going to post info on the board but I can give more info via PM if you ask, just felt a little odd sending it unsolicited I guess.

TheJenners
Jan. 13, 2013, 01:27 PM
:sigh: :) I can't wait to move to Sno County...