PDA

View Full Version : How did USEF slip this by with no comment ?

Equibrit
Aug. 26, 2009, 04:37 PM
http://www.usef.org/documents/competitions/DressageLevelsChart.pdf

They're coming to get your schooling show money !!

Janet
Aug. 26, 2009, 04:51 PM
"Local competitions" means "USEF recognized with a "Local" rating as described in the general rules"

Nothing to do with schooling shows.

See, for instance GR 309, GR311, GR705

JRG
Aug. 26, 2009, 04:54 PM
I actually looked at it the other way around.

I thought finally the smaller venues didn't have to have the same things as a larger venue like "Dressage at Devon" are required.

I thought this may work in our favor where you would see more shows popping up because they can meet lower requirements. In addition, HS might actually make some money because they don't have to have to pay for all the same things a larger venue would be able to pay for.

But I will discuss further. I am just at work.

MEP
Aug. 26, 2009, 05:03 PM
Out here in the boonies, we have a "b" level show (which may be a state designation). We don't have an "a" show, because our facility cannot meet all the requirements. I am not a show organizer, but this is my understanding of what we have and why.

None of the local schooling shows are "affiliated."

I don't see how this document makes any changes to the show rating designation nor do I see anything implying that the USEF is trying to grab the unrated $$. What did you see in it that led you to think that was the case?

Equibrit
Aug. 26, 2009, 06:23 PM
from USDF;

"The chart lists five levels of Dressage Competitions. Levels Three through Five are already in existence and already require separate applications and criteria from USEF and/or USDF. Level Two includes most of the current USEF-licensed/USDF-recognized Dressage Competitions. Level One would be a new lower level of competition which we hope will encourage new competitions in areas which cannot currently afford to hold licensed competitions. The big incentive for Levels One and Two would be the introduction of Dressage "Opportunity" classes. Such classes would not require either USEF or USDF horse IDs or rider/owner memberships, however scores from these classes couldn't be used for national awards."

Bogey2
Aug. 26, 2009, 06:24 PM
If they some for the schooling show money we will have to secede!:lol:

Hampton Bay
Aug. 26, 2009, 08:56 PM
I don't see this as a big deal. Anyone can set up a schooling show anywhere. If the smaller schooling shows choose to fit into this new classification, that is their choice. I'm sure for some people it would be a benefit because they could compete on a smaller scale yet still have the scores recorded by USEF.

If you don't like it, then don't show at those shows. I'm sure there will still be schooling shows you can attend.

yaya
Aug. 26, 2009, 09:18 PM
There was plenty of warning about this. They had a whole session on it at the USDF Convention either last year or the year before (I think it was the year before). It's been coming for awhile.

hoopoe
Aug. 26, 2009, 09:39 PM
MEP The "B" designation is a Washington State Horseman scheme. They are rated for WSH but are not USEF affiliated.

in the WSH system an "A" show is a USEF rated show

I was aware of the proposed scheme and that is was discussed at the conventions. A way of encouraging shows at venues that cannot meet the full USEF requirements , permitting chain arena fo example. But still an USEF recognized show, not a schooling show or any other unaffiliated show.

I am not sure if it will eventually lead to giving higher weight to placings and scores and level 4/5 shows. This would follow the higher value of points gained at AA / AAA rated hunter shows.