PDA

View Full Version : My Virgo Horse

Magik
Aug. 22, 2009, 12:56 PM
Hey, so my horse's birthday is coming up. I don't really believe in astrology, but I am a Virgo and my horse is a Virgo (basically, a perfectionist, yet introverted, earth sign, somewhat untrusting of others, hypochondriac-although he is not a hypochondriac, my Aries horse is the worst hypochondriac).

Anyways, A virgo horse is a very strange and rare thing given that mares are seasonally polyestrus and most horses are born between February and June. So I was wondering, if there is anything published anywhere on what percentage of horses are born each month. I guess in different hemispheres it would be different, well, maybe just the southern hemisphere would be different. Also, I wonder if other countries have a higher percentage of horses born in different months?

J-Lu
Aug. 22, 2009, 01:06 PM
I can't really answer your question but I would bet that breed registries have such numbers.

But I thought I'd throw out there that I am a Gemini, my current horse is a Gemini, I bred her to a stallion that turned out to be a Gemini, she took a few times to catch and if she gives birth when she is supposed to, the foal would be a Gemini. ooooo OOOOO ooooooo....

ridgeback
Aug. 22, 2009, 01:56 PM
Why start a thread on something you don't believe...:confused: So you really don't think there is anything to astrology?

egontoast
Aug. 22, 2009, 02:12 PM
I don't really believe in astrology

What is the point of your question? Why do you descibe your horse as a 'virgo horse'?:confused:

Magik
Aug. 22, 2009, 03:11 PM
I describe my horse as a Virgo horse because he was born at the end of August and his zodiac sign is Virgo.

Its just kind of interesting, maybe people could share their horse's signs and personality and say whether or not their zodiac sign matches up. Or you could just make fun of me for posting such a stupid and lame topic. Either way, I'll be entertained.

Calhoun
Aug. 22, 2009, 04:04 PM
I'm a virgo and have owned a gemini. He definitely had 2 personalities, one was I'm in a good mood, todays your lucky day and the other was try and make me do this. He was also quite a looker and very charming, until you climbed aboard. I have also owned a Leo, it was all about him . . . me, me, me. Like the first horse, he was beautiful and had an excellent walk and canter, but boy-oh-boy could he be a bully. Now I have a cancer and she is sweet, trusting, honest and always tries hard. I have to check my youngster's B-day.

JLR1
Aug. 22, 2009, 08:30 PM
I am a Virgo, so is my husband and my mare. Talk about too many Virgo's! My mare was born in Alaska so that might explain her late birthday. As far as wives tales, she has the dreaded "double swirl", so I guess that makes her extra special! As far as personality, she loves to be groomed, but doesn't really like to be loved on, hates change, is a bossy alpha mare, and is a drama queen. My gelding is a Taurus and he is such a sweet, loving boy...really like a puppy. He's very friendly with other horses and loves people.

J-Lu
Aug. 22, 2009, 08:53 PM
OK, let me clarify. I am a Gemini...obviously, I am biased.

My mare is very very smart. She learned how to open her own stall...and only broke out to graze on the lawn in front of her stall. She is the queen of giving 95%. That extra 5%, well, do you actually want that? She'll give it if you ask...but you have to ask. She has an amazing work ethic and not a mean bone in her body. She's a home body - might complain about arena work but she loves the familiarity. Trail rides are, ummmm, invigorating. That said, she's traveled around the country with me and adjusts wherever she goes. She might say "awwww, do I have to???" but she would be horrified to say "no" unless she had a really really good reason. She rose through the ranks of dressage very nicely because of this work ethic and smarts. Anticipation of the movements is a drag, though...she knows the test - hellooooooooo??!! why does she have to wait for a cue if she knows the test?? You really can't practice tests with her...she memorizes them too easily. She is very social and loves people and other horses. She also has an amazing ability to schmooze her way into other horse's feedbucket - especially those of geldings. She's very laid back but most certainly not dull. I very much see the Gemini in her, being one myself.

The Gemini stallion I bred her to apparently has the exact same temperament that she does. Very smart, very willing, loves people, very talented, great work ethic. I cannot WAIT to see what we get from this pair!!

I think it is interesting how I have become surrounded by my own astrological sign regarding the horses in my life. Like I said: oooo OOOO ooooooooooo. :)

billiebob
Aug. 22, 2009, 08:59 PM
I am a sagittarius and my horse is a pisces (I think....his bday is March 7 so if I'm wrong please correct me). Anyhoo, the only thing I know about Pisceans is that they love water. As does my boy--crossing streams is ever so much fun. Being bathed is also apparently so wonderful that he has to give me a horsey hug right after we're finished.....he shares the love!

hossluva
Aug. 22, 2009, 09:31 PM
My mare must not understand that she's a pisces. She thinks water is the gateway to hell and won't even drink from the tank if there's mud around it. Streams or puddles on the trail, if they can't be jumped, there's no hope. I'm a virgo and I think she's perfect anyway. We must both be messed up!! :lol: