PDA

View Full Version : COTH Day at the Races?

imissvixen
Aug. 21, 2009, 08:34 AM
I know many of you are at the track all the time but I never get to go and I don't really have any friends who are interested in going. My husband goes with me at times but usually begrudgingly. Besides, being in NC does not lend itself to a casual trip to the races. But I am wondering if anyone would be up for a day at the track. We could figure out what was most central for as many people as possible and plan from there.

Louise
Aug. 21, 2009, 10:27 AM
I don't know about a COTH day at the races, but, any time you want to make the trek to Finger Lakes, I would be pleased to spend my Saturday afternoon watching the races with you.

Of course, I could probably be counted on to do my best to send you back home with another of Finger Lake's Finest. :winkgrin:

Barnfairy
Aug. 21, 2009, 02:24 PM
Hardly a central location here but providing that I can arrange for the care of Rasor D et al in my absence, I'm always glad to accompany a racing fan or few to Suffolk Downs, particularly anyone who has enjoyed reading T.D. Thornton's Not by a Long Shot (http://www.amazon.com/Not-Long-Shot-Season-Horse/dp/1586484494/ref=ed_oe_h). You will be quizzed at the gate, and admission is dependent on a passing grade, so read thoroughly (j/k ;) ).

HSAuntie
Aug. 21, 2009, 02:43 PM
I'll be at Saratoga in 4 hours if anyone wants to meet up! Big Red Spring at noon tomorrow. I'll be the one in the hat. :)
Suffolk Downs is right up the road from me and I could be there just about anytime.

Big Yellow Taxi
Aug. 21, 2009, 05:07 PM
cmon people

If theres gonna be a COTH day at the races it HAS to be at Mountaineer. After the races we can all go see the teapot.

DickHertz
Aug. 21, 2009, 09:42 PM
I second that notion. Chester it is. After the races we can go to the nudie bars then cross the Newell Toll Bridge and go to Wal Mart.

Laurierace
Aug. 21, 2009, 10:33 PM
Shoot! I wanted to go but don't have anything to wear if we are going to Wal Mart too. Maybe next year....

ex-racer owner
Aug. 21, 2009, 11:06 PM
That's were I found my horse! Lovely Chester, WVA:lol: I am so there!

Barnfairy
Aug. 22, 2009, 01:09 AM
Hooray! Mountaineer it is. I love Wal*Mart.

Most of the pictures I have linked in my siggie are outdated, so here are a couple recent ones to help all y'all find me when we meet up:

This is me (http://inlinethumb55.webshots.com/45366/2107817910099108256S600x600Q85.jpg)

And here I am at Saratoga last week (http://inlinethumb63.webshots.com/6334/2671254290099108256S600x600Q85.jpg)

Laurierace
Aug. 22, 2009, 01:12 AM
I see you got dressed up in the second pic. Is there a Wal Mart near Saratoga or were you dressed like that for some other special occasion? For future reference, they give you a discount at Wal Mart based upon the amount spandex to body fat ratio. You might want to break out the cheeseburgers.

Barnfairy
Aug. 22, 2009, 01:21 AM
You are good at picking that up Laurie! Yes! There is a Wal Mart at Saratoga!

I ate a lot of fried dough while I was there. You can't really tell from the picture, but from the side my belly sort of looks like a baby bump now.

Big Yellow Taxi
Aug. 22, 2009, 08:45 PM
I second that notion. Chester it is. After the races we can go to the nudie bars then cross the Newell Toll Bridge and go to Wal Mart.

Those, my friend are not just any nudie bars. They have hottubs!

imissvixen
Aug. 23, 2009, 08:38 AM
Well, Finger Lakes is definitely on my list for a visit.

Mountaineer is closer to NC.

And, I have certainly read and loved Not by a Long Shot. Suffolk Downs will probably be my first visit since we are in Boston frequently for business. Barnfairy I am going to let you know next time I am in town and available. Maybe you will have some time for me.

Walmart,,, sounds like fun. We have alot of them around here. They are the upscale choice for shopping. Dollar General is first choice.

Linny
Aug. 23, 2009, 11:25 AM
To truly splurge you must visit the "Neiman-Marcus" of low life shopping, Target in Wilton, just north of Saratoga!

Barnfairy
Aug. 23, 2009, 12:09 PM
imissvixen, I would be happy to make time if at all possible. PM sent.

I'll have to hit that Wilton Target next time! I'll get crackin' on finding a bullseye mumu to wear. This one (http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Pink-Tye-Dye-KAFTAN-MuMu-Hippy-Dress-1X-2X-3X-4X-5X_W0QQitemZ130325333885QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_ WC_Dresses?hash=item1e57fec77d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14) is pretty close!