PDA

View Full Version : Lazy, hazy summer daze...

pintopiaffe
Aug. 20, 2009, 08:06 PM
Every once in a while, it is all about bareback,
in shorts, and bare feet...
At the risk of bug bites, or bee stings, or wayward raspberry bushes catching an ankle or toes...

Skin against skin, heels against sleek sides
Stopping at the apple tree to sneak a not-quite-ripe
treat...

Grabbing mane, just because you can
Laughing out loud
Laying back to watch the clouds, the day retires, with the summer

Not with a brilliant sunset, but rather one of those quiet
almost infinite fades...
Feeling the huge heartbeat beneath your knees

We danced...
no piaffe, or floating extensions,
Rather the dance of a little girl and her flaxen maned dream

Surrounded by wildflowers, fading
reflected light off clouds...

It is good to remember what summer, and dancing
Are about.

pintopiaffe
Aug. 20, 2009, 08:09 PM
:sigh: I've no idea how to make the formatting stick. :(

NEHunter
Aug. 20, 2009, 08:34 PM
I love it!!!
You helped me appreciate the heat and I know what I will do this weekend.

trooper345
Aug. 21, 2009, 12:39 PM
That was great, thanks so much for sharing! I hoped on bareback with halter and lead rope the other day, it was a great break after a long summer of showing and stress, my guy seemed really happy too :)

whicker
Aug. 21, 2009, 01:21 PM
Lovely pintopiaffe!

Do you go down to a stream or river to play in the water?

pintopiaffe
Aug. 21, 2009, 02:11 PM
:no:

No water for this guy. He's truly, honestly terrified of it. Nothing on the planet scares him like water, my poor Cowarly Lion! (the great part is my land is bordered on two sides by brookes! No fences needed THERE for this guy! :lol: )

I am hoping to take him to the ocean soon, I'm not sure if it'll be the same terror or not. He's too little for me to swim on anyway... but gosh, I haven't played with horse in water for 20+ years... :cool:

Simbalism
Aug. 24, 2009, 02:12 AM
I could imagine my self there....very discriptive. Here is a picture of my horse and I in the Chesapeake Bay. http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3058/3029621774_6d27147416.jpg Tell your boy it's really ok.... hehe.

thatmoody
Aug. 24, 2009, 04:39 AM
I rode the stallion bareback with no bridle last night in the rain, just like I used to do with Mac. It was sublime :). That was one of my guilty pleasures always - to sneak out to his pasture; he'd always come over to the water trough because he knew what was up, and I'd somehow wiggle up there and off we'd go - this big dressage horse and I.

It was a total surprise when the stallion allowed it as well. He was a bit more snorty, but obedient...