PDA

View Full Version : In Love with Wolfgang...he shall be "solo" no more! Question about Fit!

HollysHobbies
Aug. 19, 2009, 08:44 PM
Wow, I'm in love with Wolfgang. Thanks for all of you for your many saddle suggestions, but I tried a Custom Saddlery Wolfgang Solo this weekend and fell in love. It was a total ah-ha moment. I didn't realize how many saddles I had been fighting (and in so many ways) until Goldilocks found Solo. No more struggling in the saddle for me. Now I just have to find a used one somewhere, or is that the holy grail of used saddles at this point?

Can someone tell me how the "medium" tree width fits? The "wide" is REALLY wide (even for my wide boy--16-3 hands, very round, old style warmblood), so I'm unsure what to look for...a medium or a wide...

JRG
Aug. 19, 2009, 09:52 PM
I am a convert myself. Loff my solo. I have a standard tree, and my horse was a +1.5 in an Amerigo. I would consider the solo standard tree a med/wide.

3Hanns
Aug. 20, 2009, 12:29 AM
I have a Wolfgang solo that I LOVE....I bought it as a M, but CS was able to make it into a MW, as my horse changed shape...I believe the trees, are able to be customized...mine was anyways, and I THINK they all are....good luck! they are wonderful saddles...

mimiwenk
Aug. 20, 2009, 09:58 AM
I also LOVE my wolfgang solo. When I tried out my current horse, I rode in the owner's saddle. As soon as I put my fanny it, I knew I had to have it! I bought it along with the horse! My alltime favorite saddle.

HollysHobbies
Aug. 20, 2009, 10:17 AM
That must have been one heck of a ride mimi! :winkgrin::lol::lol:

MOB
Aug. 20, 2009, 10:43 AM
What size are you looking for? Here's one:

http://www.centraloregondressage.com/classifiedads/tackforsale.html

Tacktrader.com always has a variety of Custom Saddlery saddles for sale, but sometimes the ads don't say Custom Saddlery but just Wolfgang Solo so you have to look both ways if you do a search--same thing happens on Ebay all the time. Good luck with your search!

HollysHobbies
Aug. 20, 2009, 11:46 AM
Thanks for the tip MOB! I called, but it had been sold.

17.5" MW or W, extra LONG flap (17").

Has anyone ridden in BOTH the short and long block? How do they compare? Your preferences? I rode in the short block and really liked it, but I do have a long leg, so perhaps the long block would be even better (Getting greedy with the fit....)

Invite
Aug. 20, 2009, 07:18 PM
My mare truly is a tank. I loved the Solo and had the saddle fitter bring it out. That darn saddle perched on Roo's back. It was a wide and had no prayer of fitting my "little" diva. I can't believe it. I soooo wanted a Wolgang Solo. I'm jealous ;)

3Hanns
Aug. 20, 2009, 07:56 PM
I have ridden in both...they feel very much the same to me...I preferred the shorter....(I am 5'4, 112 lbs) as I felt it put my leg in a BIT of a better position, and had a bit more freedom....not a big difference though...I have lots of friends that have the longer knee rolls, and prefer that one...