PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga TB's??

SSS4
Aug. 19, 2009, 11:49 AM
Does anyone know if Saratoga has a listing of "unwanted" horses for sale? I have been checking the Fingerlakes board but we are much closer to Saratoga....

foundationmare
Aug. 19, 2009, 12:03 PM
...but chances are that a horse running at Saratoga, who is not competitive there but is sound and remains in training, will eventually find its way to Finger Lakes! We're not THAT far away!

Saskatoonian
Aug. 19, 2009, 12:21 PM
They're there, but at least when I was shopping a couple of years ago, there wasn't a CANTER or similar organization there. Just try the general sales sites - dreamhorse, etc - and search for TBs around Saratoga.

Barnfairy
Aug. 19, 2009, 12:27 PM
Generally speaking it will be much harder to find unwanteds from Saratoga, --since Saratoga is the cream of the crop, and horses who don't make it there still have lots of downward options to keep running-- as opposed to horses at Finger Lakes, Suffolk, etc.

Glimmerglass
Aug. 19, 2009, 12:35 PM
Generally speaking it will be much harder to find unwanteds from Saratoga, --since Saratoga is the cream of the crop, and horses who don't make it there still have lots of downward options to keep running-- as opposed to horses at Finger Lakes, Suffolk, etc.

Oh come now Barnfairy, we all know the unspoken truth is that Asmussen has been saying openly along Horse Haven that Rachel Alexandra is nothing but a millstone around his neck. I bet he'd take $10 .. make that $5, for her :D

Barnfairy
Aug. 19, 2009, 12:38 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey, maybe if the surgery for Mine That Bird's entrapped epiglottis doesn't improve his performance...... he'd look fantastic in western tack .....Chip Woolley: send him to my house immediately please! (And make sure to send the Certificate of Foal Registration as well!!!!!)

Saskatoonian
Aug. 20, 2009, 04:46 PM
They're not at the track, but there are plenty of farms around with horses they'd sell, or in at least some instances give away. The guy I'm riding now while Toucan's leg heals is a freebie from that area, who now belongs to a friend; I tried another when I was shopping and looked at several more - though those weren't free, more like normal green-OTTB-at-the-farm prices. Well, one was a potential giveaway because he was a wretch to handle!

lesson junkie
Aug. 20, 2009, 05:00 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey, maybe if the surgery for Mine That Bird's entrapped epiglottis doesn't improve his performance...... he'd look fantastic in western tack .....Chip Woolley: send him to my house immediately please! (And make sure to send the Certificate of Foal Registration as well!!!!!)

No, no, Barnfairy-MTB will make a beautiful hunter for a small lady-that topline begs for fences-and they can keep the papers!:lol:

Barnfairy
Aug. 20, 2009, 09:00 PM
No, no, Barnfairy-MTB will make a beautiful hunter for a small lady-that topline begs for fences-and they can keep the papers!:lol:That works for me too! Plz to be sending MTB to me k thnx.

SleepyFox
Aug. 20, 2009, 09:04 PM
Chip Woolley: send him to my house immediately please! (And make sure to send the Certificate of Foal Registration as well!!!!!)

Thanks for making me laugh out loud, Barnfairy!

Barnfairy
Aug. 20, 2009, 09:11 PM
Glad to be of service. :D

Saskatoonian
Aug. 21, 2009, 11:12 AM
Pausing the sillies for one second -

OP - I just got an email from Cornell Cooperative Extension of Saratoga County - they do a classifieds one as well (this was not it) and it's always got some TBs on it. Not a fancy listing like the FL one, but it might give you a place to start. PM me if you want to me to fwd it to you - you can probably find it by google too.

Back to the MTB fans!

JstMyLuck3
Aug. 28, 2009, 03:57 PM
I've lived in/near Saratoga almost my whole life, and like everyone is saying there are a lot less "unwanteds" come the end of the meet than at tracks like Suffolk, Finger Lakes, etc. The best thing is just to walk around the backstretch and tell trainers what you're looking for- or it sounds silly, but put up a few wanted ads in the backstretch. It's been done before. Otherwise, there is no formal organization (i.e. CANTER) to place horses.