PDA

View Full Version : Elizabeth G of Elizabeth G Breeches

Dale Area 1
Aug. 17, 2009, 10:39 AM
I know Ms. Elizabeth has retired, but I was hoping if anyone had a contact number for her. Searched the wen, can not find anything :(

I always order my breeches from her, have quite a few back up pairs, but was wondering if I called her, she might have some left I could buy? Hopefully she have some left she is willing to sell in my size.

Any information is appreciated! :)

joiedevie99
Aug. 17, 2009, 10:44 AM
She liquidated her entire inventory when she closed the business. A farm purchased everything she had and sold it off. They were up for sale maybe a year ago on various bulletin boards. I bought everything left in my size at the time- and my understanding about 6 months ago was that nothing was left.

Dale Area 1
Aug. 17, 2009, 10:48 AM
Thanks! Such a shame -- I loved her breeches and they are the only ones I wear.

If anyone knows of anyone selling her breeches, please post! I guess I should have bought more :(

Foxhound
Aug. 17, 2009, 10:58 AM
I also stocked up on her breeches during her liquidation sale, and again when a UDBB member sold what was left. Those are simply the most comfortable, best fitting breeches I have ever worn.

If anyone who is familiar with Elizabeth G finds another brand that comes close, please let me know.

SaddleFitterVA
Aug. 17, 2009, 11:58 AM
I love how the Elizabeth G breeches have held up, but I have realized they look absolutely awful on me and I am starting to get sick of how well they are holding up....;) They were my favorites for a long time, but I'm back to Pikeur as my favorite.

But, they do wear like iron and I still love the EuroCords for warmth, even if the cut is not good for me.

jcotton
Aug. 17, 2009, 06:45 PM
So what size do you need?
I have 2 pair I can part with now, because they are now too big for me. And maybe in another month or two, I will have a few more that can be parted with when I lose some more.

I stocked up before she totally shut down.

Dale Area 1
Aug. 17, 2009, 06:50 PM
32 - 34 short, depends on the fabric. But I can take a 32, 34 36 R and have a tailor work on them. Send me a PM and I will reply. Thanks!

dblitz
Aug. 19, 2009, 12:05 AM
Oh man, I am looking for some Elizabeth G breeches and would love to find some in my size. 33 or 34 tall , even 32 can work. Any one have some they want to unload?

cincojumper8
Sep. 13, 2009, 10:43 PM
I tried finding her contact info as well, do you know of the name of the farm she sold her business to? I was hoping to buy some patterns from her to make my own:)

eks
Sep. 14, 2009, 09:34 AM
SaddlefitterVA,

I loved my Elizabeth G breeches and need some new ones...What style of Pikeurs do you like that are similar to the way Elizabeth Gs fit? I have tried the Laguna and they didn't work very well...was thinking about the Romana but it looks like they only come in white. Thanks

SaddleFitterVA
Sep. 16, 2009, 02:37 PM
Oh, the ones I now get don't fit like the Elizabeth G breeches, and THAT is what I like.

And, this inspired me to go figure out what breeches I had, and I think they are the Pikeur Winners, which are discontinued. WAH!

I have realized that I want front pockets in all my breeches, without exception. And side zips look more flattering on me (and most women).

The EGs do not have either of those features. Pockets is the one feature that keeps me reaching for the Pikeurs or Tailored Sportsmans.

Schiffon
Sep. 19, 2009, 10:28 PM
I was an Eliz G fan. Now I like Trainers Choice (available at VTO) or Tropical Rider pull ons (they sell through their website).

mellsmom
Sep. 22, 2009, 12:34 PM
come a close second.
I also stocked up and bought two pairs of the whites...right before my horse fell apart this year. Typical! So they are new in the package...as are a pair of the beige cottons. And I will hold onto them until I am in the ground cold. I am a reformed hoarder of her breeches and only stopped collecting because you can't buy them anymore. I mean seriously, who really needs 17 pairs!!!!!!!! I ride in jeans 99% of the time anyway......

I have never been able to find a pair off the rack that even comes close to fitting me. sigh......

dianefitz
Oct. 17, 2011, 09:44 PM
If you are still looking for Elizabeth G breeches, I have several pair that are brand new in different sizes and colors. Let me know what size you are looking for and I will look to see what I have in your size.

Carol Ames
Oct. 17, 2011, 09:54 PM
How is she doing personally? I always enjoyed talking :yes:with her and watching her :cool:work at shows;),

Dale Area 1
Oct. 17, 2011, 10:01 PM
E-mail sent :) I was just thinking if I would ever find Elizabeth G Breeches again. So glad you posted.

rocky213
Oct. 23, 2011, 09:45 PM
Hi DianeFitz, I sent you an PM too !! Thanks ! Rocky !!

Dale Area 1
Oct. 23, 2011, 10:07 PM
Hey DianeFitz,

I received your e-mail message and replied with the sizes needed. Did you receive my message? Please let me know and post here or send me another note -- Thanks :)

Dutch Lovin' Dressage Rider
Oct. 23, 2011, 11:46 PM
Too many breeches! I have 2 pairs EG full seats barely used. One is black with deerskin. Other navyish with darker blue synthetic or something. S or 26. Make RO.

Coreene
Oct. 24, 2011, 12:09 AM
They pop up on eBay as well.

Splash$
Oct. 25, 2011, 04:41 PM
I would love to have some Elizabeth G breeches in size 30. Anyone have any of these? Mine are wearing out!