PDA

View Full Version : Blue Hors Matine is officially retired as a broodmare

FEI_JR2004
Aug. 16, 2009, 07:13 PM
http://ridehesten.com/Heste-nyheder/SeNyhed/?ID=6186

I don't speak Danish, but I did one of the online translations. Apparently after trying a bunch of different things to get her sound again, all unsuccessful, they have given up. They are now putting her out in a pasture and they plan on breeding her. The article shows a picture of her out in the field where she looks very happy.

It's such a shame, because she is an amazing horse. I was at Aachen to see her famous freestyle from the WEG in 2006, and she was unbelievable. It was truly magic. I had hoped to see her around for much longer.

TheHorseProblem
Aug. 16, 2009, 07:54 PM
Wow--that is so sad, but not unexpected. It was a major heartbreak for me to go all the way to the Las Vegas World Cup, and then to hear she couldn't compete. I hope she enjoys her new job.:sadsmile:

Fairview Horse Center
Aug. 16, 2009, 08:20 PM
I am sorry to see she wont be competing anymore, but the rule is:

"Breed your best, ride the rest" :yes: :yes:

She certainly deserves the title of best.

Can't wait to see who they choose to breed her to.

WB Mom
Aug. 16, 2009, 09:26 PM
Per Google Translator:
- We have done everything conceivable, and there have been periods where we have believed that we could get the mare back into competition. The last time we treated her in the spring, we decided, that she is not now, then it quit. It is not a worthy hesteliv says Esben Møller.
Nor are the treatments in the spring gave the required result.
Enough should be enough, we've had amazing experiences with her, now she out to be horse of the pen, explains Esben Møller. It was with some excitement that we came Matin first hours of the fold, but fortunately it appears that temperament full jump took down in his new life.

Matin will spend the next six years' time to be a "horse" out of the fold. She must have something light and air, and fed by a filly. By giving her some other conditions, we hope that Matin comes in good cycle and begins to show oestrus in the spring, so she can ifoles.
We do not wash eggs at Matin for the coming season. She should have allowed themselves to become pregnant and go with a foal. I believe this may be good for her psyche. Injection, and studies related to ægtransplantation a stress load of shops. Matin has been subjected to investigations and syringes enough, now she must be allowed to calm and horse ends Esben Møller.

slc2
Aug. 16, 2009, 09:46 PM
I don't find it sad at all. She did her work, and now she gets to go out in a field, she doesn't even have to have embryos harvested. She can have a foal, and I think most mares love having babies.

Mardi
Aug. 16, 2009, 09:52 PM
Ok, so if we could chose the stallion, who would it be ?

slc2
Aug. 16, 2009, 10:23 PM
i don't think matine will care, LOL.

atr
Aug. 16, 2009, 10:46 PM
And it just goes to show that accidents can happen in the best regulated of households.

Darned soft tissue injuries... harder to heal than broken bones, sometimes.

J-Lu
Aug. 17, 2009, 12:01 AM
I think it's great that she'll be having babies - her genes should be passed on. I hope she takes and delivers easily.

As for speculation on a daddy, Mardi....I would contemplate Rambo, who is half trak himself and also Danish. He's a bit old and I don't know how his sperm freezes, but a Rambo son might be interesting as well. Go trak blood!!!