PDA

View Full Version : USEF Committees Summoned to Discuss Controversial Selection of New Chef d’Equipe

Peace
Aug. 16, 2009, 09:27 AM
As the spreader turns:lol:

http://www.dressage-news.com/?p=2840

Equibrit
Aug. 16, 2009, 09:48 AM
But - isn't this being published by the "journalists" (I'm using that term loosely) who have been stirring up the so-called controversy by publishing rumours and opinion as fact ? What's his game ?

slc2
Aug. 16, 2009, 11:22 AM
Sounds even worse than it did the first go-round.:lol:

It's a little bit like that 'Kitty climbed on the roof and hurt its paw' joke.

Or...perhaps....perhaps transparency isn't all that pleasant. LOL. Maybe it's ALWAYS like this.

ridgeback
Aug. 16, 2009, 12:23 PM
Oh my it appears I might have jumped on the press to soon when I have should have shook my head and said typical USEF.:confused::confused:

Tiligsmom
Aug. 16, 2009, 12:49 PM
I find the entire blog "suspect" and sounds a bit like sour grapes that Dover didn't get the job. Let's see what comes out of USEF.

Tiligsmom
Aug. 16, 2009, 12:53 PM
This is a bit more current and accurate than the "dressage-news" blog!

http://www.dressagedaily.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4402:anne-gribbons-sets-the-record-straight&catid=221:august-2009

ridgeback
Aug. 16, 2009, 02:33 PM
This is a bit more current and accurate than the "dressage-news" blog!

http://www.dressagedaily.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4402:anne-gribbons-sets-the-record-straight&catid=221:august-2009

I think both are current.. Boy there are some serious egos at play here.

slc2
Aug. 16, 2009, 03:14 PM
I think that's the tip of the iceberg. Like I said, do you REALLY want transparency, LOL????? :lol::lol::lol::lol::D:D:D:):):)

egontoast
Aug. 16, 2009, 03:40 PM
For some reason it reminds me of that old night time soap, Dynasty. Remember when Crystal and wazzername had the brawL?

Did Dover write the first blog?:lol:

ridgeback
Aug. 16, 2009, 04:20 PM
I think that's the tip of the iceberg. Like I said, do you REALLY want transparency, LOL????? :lol::lol::lol::lol::D:D:D:):):)

Yes transparency is good can't fix a sick organization in the dark you need that light.

wbhorseusa
Aug. 16, 2009, 06:36 PM
Annes response is very direct and honest. I think this is exactly what we need for a team coach. There is obviously some bad blood between some of these people, that is also obvious.

Anne is definitely the one who is going to bring clarity to this situation, and I am positive with her guidance our country will definitely be in better shape than it is now.

Now the question is, are they going to let her keep her lucrative teaching job as well as continue to judge once it becomes final? I would hope at least letting her keep her private teaching position. Otherwise, she will be loosing a lot of revenue.

Equibrit
Aug. 16, 2009, 06:38 PM
I can't find any reason, in this debacle, to find the USEF at fault. They published job requirements with a plan for filling the position, carried it out and issued a press release with the results. All the stuff and nonsense was stirred up by outside parties; whatever their interest.

ridgeback
Aug. 16, 2009, 10:12 PM
I can't find any reason, in this debacle, to find the USEF at fault. They published job requirements with a plan for filling the position, carried it out and issued a press release with the results. All the stuff and nonsense was stirred up by outside parties; whatever their interest.

:D:lol::D:lol::D:lol::D:lol::D:lol::D:lol:

Equibrit
Aug. 16, 2009, 10:29 PM
:D:lol::D:lol::D:lol::D:lol::D:lol::D:lol:

Please explain ?

J-Lu
Aug. 16, 2009, 11:37 PM
Personal politics in 'High Performance Dressage'??? Noooooooooo!!!! It is a sport with the purest of intentions!!! :winkgrin:

Truthiness
Aug. 17, 2009, 02:13 AM
equibrit, you need to follow the story a little more closely. :lol:

Equibrit
Aug. 17, 2009, 12:57 PM
I'm trying to - so please explain ?

merrygoround
Aug. 17, 2009, 01:30 PM
As the spreader turns:lol:

http://www.dressage-news.com/?p=2840

Keep those rpm's up. :D

While I have a great deal of respect for Anne, I have even more for Robert's ability as a teacher, and organizertrainer and competitor.

ASB Stars
Aug. 17, 2009, 03:13 PM
I think that Robert is an excellent choice for "team coach", or whatever they are trying to call the person filling that position.

While it may not be a direct conflict of the *rules* for Gribbons to become Chef D'Equippe, I believe it is an absolute conflict of the FEI rules, from a purely ethical perspective. Since we have only two "O"'s, it makes no sense to me at all to utilize her in this position. Surely to goodness there are others who are quite as capable?

Peace
Aug. 17, 2009, 03:42 PM
I think that Robert is an excellent choice for "team coach", or whatever they are trying to call the person filling that position.

While it may not be a direct conflict of the *rules* for Gribbons to become Chef D'Equippe, I believe it is an absolute conflict of the FEI rules, from a purely ethical perspective. Since we have only two "O"'s, it makes no sense to me at all to utilize her in this position. Surely to goodness there are others who are quite as capable?

Yes you may think so but maybe the ER do not:no:

honeylips
Aug. 17, 2009, 04:13 PM
. Since we have only two "O"'s, it makes no sense to me at all to utilize her in this position. Surely to goodness there are others who are quite as capable?

The US has 4 "O"'s - Steiner, Zang, Rockwell, Gribbons

ASB Stars
Aug. 17, 2009, 04:28 PM
The US has 4 "O"'s - Steiner, Zang, Rockwell, Gribbons

Thanks- I wasn't thinking! In any event, my comment stands.

Mardi
Aug. 17, 2009, 05:11 PM
While I have a great deal of respect for Anne, I have even more for Robert's ability as a teacher, and organizer trainer and competitor.

Both are high maintenance, one's just louder than the other.

torontodressage
Aug. 17, 2009, 05:36 PM
Another view ;)

http://www.topdressage.tv/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=70

canyonoak
Aug. 17, 2009, 05:44 PM
Now, if only we could send this to USEF by means they might understand: carrier pigeon, steamboat, daguerrotype....

ridgeback
Aug. 17, 2009, 05:55 PM
Another view ;)

http://www.topdressage.tv/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=70

I'm sure the USEF cares what kind of impression they make on Theo:lol::lol: :no::no: Can't he speak for himself or did he get kicked off again?

Alpha Mare
Aug. 17, 2009, 06:01 PM
'[The US has 4 "O"'s - Steiner, Zang, Rockwell, Gribbons'] from honeylips.

And which of the 4 has not yet judged an Olympics? I believe it is a one and done rule now.

ASB Stars
Aug. 17, 2009, 06:22 PM
It sure is.

Plantagenet
Aug. 17, 2009, 08:05 PM
ASB, we have 4 'O's (I believe they are now known as 5* judges):

Steiner, Zang, Rockwell and Gribbons.

I seem to remember some rule that you could only judge at 1 Olympics..does anyone else know?

If so, we would lose the chance to have Anne judge in London.

As for the WEG, she could be replaced by another USA 5* judge (though I would bet she's on the list for Ky and who knows if the FEI will decide to put another American on the panel if she withdraws)

ASB Stars
Aug. 17, 2009, 09:10 PM
ASB, we have 4 'O's (I believe they are now known as 5* judges):

Steiner, Zang, Rockwell and Gribbons.

I seem to remember some rule that you could only judge at 1 Olympics..does anyone else know?

If so, we would lose the chance to have Anne judge in London.

As for the WEG, she could be replaced by another USA 5* judge (though I would bet she's on the list for Ky and who knows if the FEI will decide to put another American on the panel if she withdraws)

Thanks- someone else reminded me...about two hours ago. My comment above was in regards to being able to judge only one Olympics. Gribbons is the only one left (of the FOUR) who has not had that honor. :lol:

Carry on!