PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Schmitz - New trainer in DFW area

Cinnybren
Aug. 12, 2009, 01:36 PM
Does anyone know this trainer? Have ridden with him? He is the new trainer at Southern Comfort Farm in Aubrey, TX.

I have a friend's daughter who is a dressage rider and is looking at attending SMU. They have asked for area barn/trainer recommendations. (She is currently in the San Diego area with Lena Nordlof Davis and showing Level 1 - tests 3 and 4 and schooling level 2). Also, I compete in the jumpers but am always looking for a few good dressage lessons to improve my riding. :)

Thoughts on Mr. Schmitz or other DFW recommendations appreciated.

Please PM if appropriate. Thanks!

Cinnybren
Aug. 12, 2009, 05:53 PM
**Bump** I know I am not a regular dressage forum poster but I'd really appreciate the help? ;)

Sister Margarita
Aug. 12, 2009, 08:43 PM
Where was he before his present location?

Cinnybren
Aug. 12, 2009, 09:07 PM
R Folly Farm in Morris, Connecticut. Originally from the Netherlands.

cyriz's mom
Aug. 12, 2009, 09:34 PM
I know nothing about it, but I did try to look up his record. He does not have a USDF card and his USEF number is a non-competing one.

Not sure what to make of that.

Cinnybren
Aug. 13, 2009, 12:38 PM
Cyriz - I sent you an email. :) B

Thanks all for the feedback.

Miss Dior
Aug. 13, 2009, 03:05 PM
Berndt von Hassler at Proud Meadows is an exceptional choice. Bio on the website.

NJRider
Aug. 14, 2009, 10:17 PM
I sent you a PM re: Mr. Schmitz
I recommend Lisa Blackmon http://www.lisablackmon.com/index.html

Janehays1130@gmail.com
Apr. 13, 2011, 05:47 PM
I know him. Have seen him work with horses on long lines and under saddle and at shows. He is an excellent trainer - very correct in his methods and kind in his demeanor. Is an excellent rider as well, his horses are through the topline and happy. SCF is a top notch facility - good barns and arena.

I would recommend Anthony highly.