PDA

View Full Version : LOOKING for Trainer in Ocala/Gainesville Florida

KingstonHill
Aug. 11, 2009, 04:58 PM
Hey Guys,
I am looking for a good, kind trainer in the Ocala/Gainesville area. I have a couple horses I would like to take up the levels and havent found any trainers that I really clicked with and weren't going to cost me an arm and a leg. Can anyone recomend someone? I heard on Charlotte Trentleman (I believe) and she has a great place, but I'm a dressage Newbie so I dont know who's who...thanks in advance!

DianneEJ
Aug. 11, 2009, 06:27 PM
I am impressed with Greta Wrigley, and she works well with beginning and advanced riders. I live in Florida but train in Georgia now. I met Greta when purchasing my dressage horse who had been in training with Greta and rode another sale horse in a lesson with her. I know that the Gainesville/Ocala area is loaded with trainers, many pretty high priced. Good luck:)

Trixie's mom
Aug. 11, 2009, 06:51 PM
i second Charlotte Trentelman. i really like her teaching style and her approach.

vbunny
Aug. 11, 2009, 07:00 PM
I think Andrew Harbison goes there. He was great when I rode with him. He is classically trained but he works really well with TBs and often helps eventers as well. I think his wife events still. Very pleasant and easy going.

KingstonHill
Aug. 11, 2009, 07:03 PM
Thanks guys, I think I will first look at Charlotte, Trixie have you ridden with her?

CTM
Aug. 11, 2009, 07:26 PM
www.pierrestjacquesdressage.com

SerenaGinger
Aug. 11, 2009, 09:14 PM
I have heard good things about Pierre St Jacques and also Sharon Jerdeman-Bates:
Sharon Jerdeman-Bates (http://www.sjerdemandressage.com/)

Snoball 1
Aug. 11, 2009, 09:33 PM
Sharon Jerdeman Bates is a very talented lady- I tell her she has a magic seat(LOL).
Sharon can sit on a horse once and make more of a difference than most trainers after weeks of riding.
Her lessons are great, so much fun, and her farm is very well managed.
Not that I'm biased or anything.
I won't go into her resume, but she's top notch !

You're lucky though, you're in a good area for trainers :)

lorilu
Aug. 11, 2009, 09:52 PM
KingstonHill, welcome to Ocala! I sent you a pm.

Loretta

Hampton Bay
Aug. 11, 2009, 10:28 PM
I have ridden with Charlotte in a clinic, and I am hoping to ride with her again this fall (if life permits). I really liked her teaching style, and she is very kind. She made me work, but was kind about it. I would certainly recommend taking a couple lessons with her!

thatmoody
Aug. 12, 2009, 07:26 AM
Hampton Bay, are you thinking about that clinic in October? I was going to ask my trainer if she wanted to go too - perhaps we'll see each other!

KingstonHill
Aug. 12, 2009, 08:28 AM
Now I'm torn between Sally Moehring and Charlotte! I have ridden with sally a LONG time ago and just remembered her being in this area...hmm decisions.

JWB
Aug. 12, 2009, 11:08 AM
I've ridden with Greta Wrigley and Bill & Susan Woods and think both are fantastic - Not sure where the Woods are located (Had them out for regular clinics) but Bill is a HOOT and very good with all levels of horses and riders.

Hawkridge
Aug. 12, 2009, 11:42 AM
http://www.ldressage.webs.com/ :yes:

lorilu
Aug. 12, 2009, 08:11 PM
Are you talking about the cross training two day clinic in October?

L

thatmoody
Aug. 12, 2009, 09:05 PM
No, this was the Region 3 Adult clinic through USDF with Charlotte.

FillyMe
Aug. 12, 2009, 10:43 PM
My friend who lives in Ocala trains with Sharon and adores her. She has done a great job with her horse and with her as well. I do not believe she is in Ocala though since I know she mentioned she moved her training business and is only able to train with her here and there due to the distance now.

lorilu
Aug. 13, 2009, 05:41 PM
That's a different Charlotte.... Charlotte Trentelman owns Rebel Ridge in Anthony (just north of Ocala), and the Region 3 clinic is with Charlotte Bredahl up north of Gainesville.

The local GMO is having a 2 day cross training clinic in October.

L

hluing
Aug. 15, 2009, 08:55 AM
I have ridden with Sharon for 10 years now...since I was a brand new dressage rider and now I ride and compete at the FEI level and have earned my USDF bronze and silver. So, I can credit all that to her teaching;) She is a very good trainer and teacher and is located just north of Ocala in Reddick.

luvtojump
Aug. 18, 2009, 08:47 PM
Gigha Steinman is a dressage trainer just outside Ocala. She owns River Oaks Farm in Astor. She is refreshingly honest, talented, very skilled and highly ethical. My horse has come up the levels beautifully and correctly under her. Her prices are extremely fair for the quality of care and training my horse receives. www.riveroaksfarm.net