PDA

View Full Version : Preference - Training 3 or 4?

Simrat
Aug. 11, 2009, 02:01 PM
These two tests seems to have similar requirements, but quite different patterns. I would like to pick one to memorize, rather than confuse myself. :winkgrin:

Which would you all pick?

yaya
Aug. 11, 2009, 03:25 PM
Pick whichever one you and your horse are best at.

Everyone's preference is different.

lovemyrobin
Aug. 11, 2009, 05:29 PM
I like Training 3, but I have a hot mare and the circles seem to keep her busy and not trying to get ahead of me.

TropicalStorm
Aug. 11, 2009, 06:08 PM
I really like training 4. it seems to flow better IMO

TheHorseProblem
Aug. 11, 2009, 06:21 PM
Four all the way.

Simrat
Aug. 11, 2009, 08:27 PM
I read them through again and walked them in my mind and I was thinking that 4 was what I would do too. I'll ride them both tonight and decide.

Thanks for the feedback. :cool:

cmdrcltr
Aug. 11, 2009, 08:33 PM
I like the way Training Test 4 flows. I'm riding both when I show my guy this year, and Test 3 feels like it takes forever. In test 4 I'm crossing that last diagonal before the chew-down circle and thinking to myself, "Wow! That's it? That was fun!"

titansrunfarm
Aug. 11, 2009, 08:35 PM
I've ridden both, 3 is a better test to keep the Furrari busy, I like the way 4 flows though, guess I'm not much help. If I had to choose I'd go with 3.

Carol O
Aug. 11, 2009, 09:06 PM
I would do 4 because in my area you need at least one score at the top test in that level to count for year end awards.

Like you, I only like to memorize one. I marvel at those people (Barteaus), who know them all, all the tests, in all the levels, by heart. My brain just doesn't do that!

Simrat
Aug. 11, 2009, 09:29 PM
Like you, I only like to memorize one. I marvel at those people (Barteaus), who know them all, all the tests, in all the levels, by heart. My brain just doesn't do that!
Mine either! I once tracked left at C, when I was supposed to track right, even though I had a caller. :lol: Now THAT was embarrassing. It was only a schooling show (thus the caller), so it wasn't that big a deal. Still, it showed me that I really need to drill a test into my head. I ride them better when I know them too.

JLR1
Aug. 13, 2009, 06:37 PM
I love Test 4...flows well, easy to remember. Test 3 on the other hand I NEVER do anymore because I always went off course, even with a reader. I have a phobia of Test 3 now.:)

myrna
Aug. 13, 2009, 07:34 PM
test 4 flows better....................

Mary in Area 1
Aug. 13, 2009, 10:49 PM
Test 4 is hard in a small arena though. The shallow loop becomes very LOOPY.

Simrat
Aug. 14, 2009, 10:40 AM
I have a full court to practice in and it rides very nicely. My horse is small and flexible, so I think that he can adapt to a smaller arena. He's only 13.3... ;)

quietann
Aug. 14, 2009, 10:55 AM
I'm riding both of these in a schooling show next week. Small arena, but my horse handles like a sports car so I think those loops on T4 will be fine (plus my horse knows the Training Level tests very well... me, not so well :lol: ) T3 seems a bit more challenging. The "reachy" trot circles will be our biggest challenge, if maresy is not relaxed.

Anyone have hints, things to watch out for, etc. in either of these tests?

TheHorseProblem
Aug. 14, 2009, 12:54 PM
How do I keep my top hat on? Are you freakin' kidding me? I will never wear a top hat, unless I go as Fred Astaire for Halloween. Top hat. Sheesh. Me? Hahahahaha!

Oops--wrong thread. Yes, I too much prefer T4.

SillyHorse
Aug. 14, 2009, 01:20 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

Ellie&Werther
Aug. 15, 2009, 12:45 AM
I have been riding both T3 and T4 in my classes lately, entries in T3 tend to be very sparse, a lot of people tend to skip it because they want to do t4 for their qualifying scores. I think T4 is easier, but I like to challenge myself by riding T3.