PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Close-contact Dressage saddle?

allisontatman
Aug. 10, 2009, 09:10 AM
under $2500-ish?

Auto Be A Storm
Aug. 10, 2009, 09:16 AM
you might beable to find a demo version of a black country for that price!

cutemudhorse
Aug. 10, 2009, 09:27 AM
I bought an older used Passier Antares and I LOVE it! I was really surprised at the feel it gave me, and the balance of it is super too.

buck22
Aug. 10, 2009, 03:38 PM
if you really want close contact, look for a monoflap. There are plenty around within your budget. My Marcus Krehan is very light and close contact, though the leather is very durable feeling, not roll up soft.

I have a m toulouse aachen that is incredibly poofy (not a monoflap), but amazingly close contact... just amazingly so. Its a neat saddle.

adelmo95
Aug. 16, 2009, 09:30 AM
I love the feel of the Amerigo close contact dressage, but was unable to find any in my price range and size when I was looking for a new dressage saddle but you might be able to find a used one for that

pintopiaffe
Aug. 16, 2009, 10:38 AM
They're going to vary wildly in tree shape... what kind of horse to fit?

Prestige has a model called the Palladio. Hard to find, but out there. Uber nice.

Ancient Passier is of course, MY favorite. The Traditional, or PT model isn't made any more, and I don't know why as it is the gold standard, IMO.

Equa
Aug. 16, 2009, 10:00 PM
I have a Passier Klimke. It is nicer than the old Passiers, but less buckety than a GG or Corona, and with very tiny knee rolls. please pm me for further information as it might be available to a good home...

THE most close contact of dressage saddles has to be a Stubben Schultheiss.

vestito
Aug. 16, 2009, 10:49 PM
Find a used Black Country Mono flap. I have the VInici model, nothing closer and not much more comfortable.
I have ridden in them all and I LOVE this saddle , worth the money and if you have to find one used worth the wait.
I bought mine at Trumbull Mountain in VT