PDA

View Full Version : Heike Kemmer’s Bonaparte Injured, Out of European Championships

ridgeback
Aug. 8, 2009, 07:36 PM
http://www.dressage-news.com/?p=2661

VERDEN, Germany, Aug. 8–Bonaparte, one of Germany’s most experienced top competition horse, has injured himself and been withdrawn from the European Championships next month, further decimating medal hopes.

Withdrawal of the 16-year-old Hanoverian gelding that was ridden to team gold at the 2008 Olympics by Heike Kemmer was announced Saturday by the German Olympic Games Committee.

canyonoak
Aug. 8, 2009, 09:33 PM
oh my.

SO who is left for the German team at Euros?

Monica Theodorescu/ Whisper

Matthias Rath/ Sterntaler (or Triviant I guess)

No Isabell.

No Hubertus Schmidt (Donnelly is only 8 and did not show at Verden)
No Nadine Capellmann (Elvis is hurt)
I don't think Ulla wants to try this kind of pressure yet with Wakana...
I don't think Carola Koppelmann wants to go with Insterburg (Le Bo is sidelined)

I'm a thinking Susanne Lebek and ?????

well, I think this will just make the Germans rally, dig deep, and start getting ready for 2010 and beyond.

The B Team people have been complaining that there is a 'glass ceiling' and no one can break through to A Team status.

Well--here is their chance. On a platter.

Enderle
Aug. 8, 2009, 09:41 PM
Add (most likely): no Ellen Schulten-Baumer (shoulder injury).

It will become more of a C-Team. :no:

dressurpferd01
Aug. 8, 2009, 11:18 PM
Great... So I have to ride with a pissed off German Olympian in a couple months. Wonderful. LOL! I hope this doesn't affect her clinic teaching, she's harsh enough as is.

(This post is in humor)

slc2
Aug. 9, 2009, 09:15 AM
My experience has been, that when a trainer has an injured horse, they put all the energy and work they were doing with their own horse, into riding their other horses and teaching. The HORSE gets treated very nicely, but YOU...God help you, you're going to be doing your whole lesson without stirrups, over cavalletti, with your arms crossed behind you, shouting out when a given hoof touches the ground, as you answer questions on theory, lol

dressurpferd01
Aug. 9, 2009, 12:02 PM
LOL, slc. I actually got a lot out of the last clinic I rode with her in last year. She's got an amazing eye for rider mistakes and really changed some small things that had a big impact on my riding. I've got 4 rides with her in a couple months...only problem is, I have to leave for the clinic the day after my 9 day Jamaican honeymoon...le sigh.

yaya
Aug. 9, 2009, 12:27 PM
I've got 4 rides with her in a couple months...only problem is, I have to leave for the clinic the day after my 9 day Jamaican honeymoon...le sigh.

At least you should be relaxed!!

ridgeback
Aug. 9, 2009, 12:35 PM
Catherine Haddad's American groom that worked for her this summer just got a job wtih Heike as a rider.:D

dressurpferd01
Aug. 9, 2009, 04:51 PM
Now there's an opportunity I'd kill for...

ridgeback
Aug. 9, 2009, 06:20 PM
Now there's an opportunity I'd kill for...

She groomed for CH for the summer and one day CH told her to bring her boots put her on a horse and then asked what her goals were...She got her several interviews one being with Heike and she got the job:D

slc2
Aug. 9, 2009, 07:07 PM
It's so cool when someone gets a chance like that. Awesome.:D

dressurpferd01
Aug. 9, 2009, 11:18 PM
Damn, that's amazing ridgeback. Good luck to her.