PDA

View Full Version : Low Key Jumper Shows in NJ?

PnkPanthr
Aug. 7, 2009, 10:05 PM
I definately feel out of place here, but I am wandering over from the Eventing Forum.

I wanted to take my horse to some open jumper shows over the winter just to have some fun, and keep us sharp. Not to mention that he's an awesome jumper, and usually jumps clean and fast.

However, I don't want to pay a buttload of money...are there any unrecognized/low key shows in NJ you guys can think of? I saw NJ horse park has one in December that I will go to, and it isnt a far drive for me. I'm in Southern NJ.

Thank you for any help!!:yes:

billiebob
Aug. 7, 2009, 10:18 PM
Our barn does the Fox Crossing indoor series that's held in Cochranville, PA......it might not be too far for you. It's very low key and something like $20/class if I remember correctly. The courses are usually pretty good, too. Lots of bending lines and rollbacks even at the 2' level.

PnkPanthr
Aug. 7, 2009, 10:41 PM
that sounds like fun. do you guys have either a 3'3 or 3'6 class?

billiebob
Aug. 7, 2009, 10:50 PM
We're not the barn hosting the shows, we just pack up a bunch of kids and go :). We pretty much only do the 2'6 and under divisions, but I think they run up to 3'-3'3. And since you're an eventer, you'll likely appreciate the nice XC schooling jumps that you get to park next to!

superpony123
Aug. 8, 2009, 01:28 AM
Palermo in Bedminster has jumper schooling shows every month all year round. Very nicely run show :yes: they even have season-end awards which adds a nice touch. The outdoor ring is huge (the indoor ring is a good size too) and the jumps are nice. The footing is good, too. This is in central NJ, though

they basically have every level, though

RyuEquestrian
Aug. 8, 2009, 01:25 PM
When I lived in NY, I used to take my horses to show at Snowbird in NJ. I can't remember the town, but see if you can find them on Google. They had tons of jumper shows.

superpony123
Aug. 8, 2009, 04:25 PM
my barn just took a bunch of kids to a show at The Ridge (their new barn in Asbury) today for a show. they said it was VERY low key and a lot of fun (the champion ribbons were neck sashes, and nice ones too! the kids love that) and you paid by the class, with no office/drug/etc fees :) very nice

IsolaBella09
Aug. 8, 2009, 07:48 PM
My barn goes to Palermo shows every month. They run a great program and their season end awards are very nicely put together. Good footing, beautiful jumps, and great management. Definitely worth going. A fellow boarder is an eventer and she loves Palermo shows.

The Ridge Farm also does great schooling shows. Very low key, pay by the class, and very well run.

PnkPanthr
Aug. 8, 2009, 10:42 PM
thank you soo much for the help guys!

vacation1
Aug. 8, 2009, 10:52 PM
There are The Meadow shows in Mt. Holly. Woodedge has shows at the NJHP all winter.

http://www.meadowshows.com/
http://www.woodedge.com/shows/shows.htm

dab
Aug. 8, 2009, 11:21 PM
Black River and Duncraven host a series of hunter shows on Saturdays and jumper shows on Sundays through the winter --