I love her name too.. :lol:

heres pics and more info on her.
http://www.shilohsporthorses.com/SS_SchonesMadchen.html

gotrocks
Aug. 6, 2009, 07:51 AM
What are you looking at for? A hunter?

Heineken
Aug. 6, 2009, 08:36 AM
If you are looking for a classic hunter I don't like the way her neck is set on, looks too high to have that nose pointing hunter "look". Other than that it's pretty hard to tell from that video.

hunterqueen
Aug. 6, 2009, 09:00 AM
Sent a pm to you.

rabicon
Aug. 6, 2009, 09:03 AM
I don't like her at all for a hunter. Dressage horse, yes. Maybe eq horse or jumper she'd be okay maybe but not a hunter, unless maybe at local shows. I don't like the way her neck sets for a hunter and she has a lot of knee action going on.

jumpingmaya
Aug. 6, 2009, 09:28 AM
I don't like her at all for a hunter. Dressage horse, yes. Maybe eq horse or jumper she'd be okay maybe but not a hunter, unless maybe at local shows. I don't like the way her neck sets for a hunter and she has a lot of knee action going on.

Agree... think she would excel as an eventing prospect though... love her movement but definitely not for a hunter... but great for a dressage horse!
Think she's very cute... wish the presentation was a bit better for $8,000 but that's another story...

Individualblue07
Aug. 6, 2009, 07:46 PM
I agree with you all. Def not looking into hunters... lol

Eq horses and Jumpers only! haha

I guess i'm just really trying to understand what you look for when looking at younger horses? Anyone that might be able to help me out with advice or anything.. feel free to p/m me! lol

Czar
Aug. 6, 2009, 08:04 PM
Sorry to be the one to chime in & say this but....don't you have a trainer that can help you or at least a knowledgeable friend?

Buying a young horse (or any horse) can be such a risk; you don't want to rely on opinions off the internet regardless of how well-informed those opinions might be. We don't know you, your skills, your weaknesses...it's best to have someone who knows all that PLUS the skill to pick out a good baby.

I apologize if I am being a stick in the mud - I'm not advocating using a trainer for hand holding purposes...I would just hate to see someone base such an important decision on what they read off the internet and have it not work out (not that that never happens when you use a knowledgeable trainer but I think it's pretty safe to say it happens a lot less).

MintHillFarm
Aug. 6, 2009, 08:27 PM
Not at the horse, I sort of liked her, but at the way she was chased around the trailers and through the narrow gap in the trees. My stomache was churning....That video did nothing for her mind and certainly did not present her in the best light...who would think that is a good way to sell a horse?

It is hard to tell much really as she never had a chance to relax and just trot and canter around. It's also hard to say how much scope she will have...

The comments that Czar made I agree with...

avadog
Aug. 6, 2009, 09:43 PM
I think it's hard to tell much of anything from that video. If that is the sale video I wouldn't bother. The only thing I could tell was that I didn't like the way she moved. I would have like to have seen a freer shoulder and the hind leg stepping underneath more. Does she have jumping bloodlines? I agree that running between the trailers looks dangerous and scary.