PDA

View Full Version : Beginner lessons in Utah?

Simrat
Aug. 5, 2009, 08:41 PM
I have a friend in Ogden who may be looking for lessons. Any recommendations? It could be on a lesson horse or her horse.

Altitude Rider
Aug. 7, 2009, 01:23 PM
When I lived in Huntsville I took some from Lindsay Wagener who lives in Morgan...well she used to. I don't have her number anymore but I loved working with her. She's an eventer but can teach Dressage.

Other than that I used to haul down to Huber city.

Good luck!

fitzwilliam
Aug. 7, 2009, 02:34 PM
The contact info for Lindsay is 801-726-5073, she is a well regarded instructor, very positive. She worked with Sally O'Connor (author of Common Sense Dressage) for at least 1 year before moving to VA to further her education. She lives in Morgan which is not far from Ogden. Another option for beginner lessons is www.saltairefarm.com but Kari is strictly a hunter instructor but that might work for awhile, she is in Layton UT and has many school horses. Good Luck, there are more dressage barns in Heber City but a much longer drive and may not be necessary for a beginner.

atr
Aug. 7, 2009, 04:24 PM
Is this for a beginner rider or a beginner at dressage?

Dressage options in the Ogden area are rather limited. Lindsay W would be a good choice as she's closer than most. In addition, I think David Macmillan goes up that way to teach, or certainly he used to, and also I believe Marlo Vivenzo teaches a group up there.

You other choices would be in the Kamas area, Patti Thurman at High Star, who is very good, and then on down to Heber where there are several trainers.

If you go to the UDS website, there is a list of instructors.

Simrat
Aug. 8, 2009, 12:22 AM
Beginner rider, who is interested in dressage. She's mostly a beginner, because she's getting back into riding. And she has a couple of yearlings that she's doing ground work with. They will go to a trainer when they are ready, but she would like to take lessons now.

Thanks fitswilliam, I'll send her that contact info.

:cool:

crazyhorses
Aug. 10, 2009, 12:59 AM
David MacMillian is a GREAT instructor. I trained with him while up in Utah. Super good and Knows his stuff. Marlo Vivenzio... not sure if she does go up there,I know 'her' barn is in Sandy, Ut.. But she is a very nice lady. I like the way she teaches as well. I have not heard of Lindsey W however.... David and Marlo are really the only ones I would recommend.

oldbutnotdead
Aug. 11, 2009, 11:28 AM
Would love to take from Lindsey! Knowledgeable, personable, and fantastic rider. Can teach what she knows -- a great gift! Also has a good sense of humor!

CapitolDesign
Aug. 11, 2009, 03:44 PM
Call up Adrianne Silvestri at Promontory and she will help you, I am sure. They have a great lesson program and are knowledgeable there, so I am sure they can help.