PDA

View Full Version : Charles Owen Replacement policy

spmoonie
Aug. 5, 2009, 06:47 PM
How do I take advantage of the Charles Owen replacement policy? How does it work? I got bucked off a pony today and hit my head pretty hard. Im okay, but Im concerned my helmet is not. I have a show next weekend, is there any chance of getting it replaced before then?

klmck63
Aug. 5, 2009, 06:54 PM
I don't know for sure about CO but in general the procedure is to deal with the tackshop you bought it from and they will send it away/replace it/give you a discount on the next one etc. in accordance with whatever CO's policies are.

Ride2Dreams
Aug. 5, 2009, 07:00 PM
Go to Charles Owen Website and fill out their crash report form they have there. THEN contact the place you purchased it and depending on how old the old helmet is depends on how much off you will get on the new one. Anything older then three years you get nada off the new one

Little Indian
Aug. 5, 2009, 07:13 PM
From personal experience, CO is amazing to work with. The clip on my Wellington Pro melted on my helmet while it was in my tack trunk in the barn aisle. Because of it, I was unable to clip the chin strap on my helmet. Instead of just replacing the clip, they gave me a new helmet which definitely went above and beyond what I needed. two thumbs up for them!

spmoonie
Aug. 5, 2009, 08:29 PM
Go to Charles Owen Website and fill out their crash report form they have there. THEN contact the place you purchased it and depending on how old the old helmet is depends on how much off you will get on the new one. Anything older then three years you get nada off the new one

Thanks! Its only about 7 months old I think!

horsecrazy
Aug. 5, 2009, 08:32 PM
Yes, fill out the form on their website. They will then email you to let you know the percentage off your replacement helmet. Print the email and along with the damaged helmet, take to your local tack store. They will give you the discount and will take the old helmet (I assume to send back to CO).

I just did this recently myself. I'm not sure if different people/situations qualify for a different level of discount, but CO gave me 65% my new helmet.