PDA

View Full Version : AQHA Youth World H-J - Finals late Sat aft. - Live Feed

Plumcreek
Aug. 5, 2009, 02:44 PM
Live feed of all H-J finals at the AQHA Youth World show will be Saturday afternoon probably late.

http://www.horseshowwebcasts.com/shows/2009/25209/

The schedule link is on the same page. You can see where they are on the schedule that day.

reinerspook
Aug. 5, 2009, 11:30 PM
Bumping up to keep this on the first page in case anyone needs a reminder!

hasahorse
Aug. 6, 2009, 10:18 AM
Have been watching this morning - instead of doing the work I am supposed to be doing - some of the horses look a bit fresh, maybe a lunge would have been in order. Just saw last year's winner, Melissa Dodderidge have a tough go with 2 refusals in the equitation.

NMB
Aug. 6, 2009, 10:26 AM
Have been watching this morning - instead of doing the work I am supposed to be doing - some of the horses look a bit fresh, maybe a lunge would have been in order. Just saw last year's winner, Melissa Dodderidge have a tough go with 2 refusals in the equitation.

Wow, didn't see that coming...keep up the updates for those of us that can't watch at work.

Plumcreek
Aug. 6, 2009, 10:36 AM
Wow, didn't see that coming...keep up the updates for those of us that can't watch at work.

NMB, most of the horses are marching around quite nicely. I, for one, would like to see a little less stiffness in the rider's backs, eh. Oops, one just hit the ground, leading horse out now.

beesknees
Aug. 6, 2009, 10:39 AM
And a refusal.

I'm finding a lot of them look the same lol.

hasahorse
Aug. 6, 2009, 10:49 AM
I hate to say it, but I am no more impressed with rider ability so far than I was 20 years ago when I was riding both USEF and AQHA. I am seeing way too many riders with very short reins getting very tight distances with little to no flow to the round. Maybe I'm hyper-critical, but when a rider gets to this level, there are certain skills that they should have without question. The trainers and state leaders are doing some of these kids a great disservice by entering them through the state system when they have no business jumping anywhere near 3'.

Plumcreek
Aug. 6, 2009, 11:39 AM
The trainers and state leaders are doing some of these kids a great disservice by entering them through the state system when they have no business jumping anywhere near 3'.

True. On the other hand, the state system of sending kids to this show allows talented kids from families of moderate means to participate in a national level show. Our state association has always underwritten some of the expenses for the kids. Some of the over-faced kids may decide to work harder for next year, maybe train within a better program.

mypaintwattie
Aug. 6, 2009, 11:49 AM

Oh I missed it? Who did she have the refusal on? Joey or Sassy?

hasahorse
Aug. 6, 2009, 11:52 AM
The refusal was on Sassy. She actually looked really fresh - perhaps coming into a/c from and un-a/c'd area.

mypaintwattie
Aug. 6, 2009, 11:54 AM
The refusal was on Sassy. She actually looked really fresh - perhaps coming into a/c from and un-a/c'd area.

That's too bad. Not like her. Hope her round on Joey goes better.

RugBug
Aug. 6, 2009, 11:54 AM
Ugh...I always try to watch these and I just can't. No, not because the riding is bad or anything...but because the streaming is horrible on my end. It's sooo choppy. Who could tell anything from that? I suppose it's my connection, but you'd think a T-1 would be plenty fast enough. I can stream the other big shows no problem. :sigh:

NMB
Aug. 6, 2009, 11:55 AM
You literally stand under a huge air conditioner right before you go in the ring, some horses can hoop right up from it.

mypaintwattie
Aug. 6, 2009, 12:02 PM
Well, looks like Joey was scratched. Wonder what's going on. Too bad for Melissa, hope things go better for her in her other classes.

NMB
Aug. 6, 2009, 12:11 PM
Well, looks like Joey was scratched. Wonder what's going on. Too bad for Melissa, hope things go better for her in her other classes.

You can only show one in the EQ over Fences.

Plumcreek
Aug. 6, 2009, 12:12 PM
Darn That Cat and rider just had a very nice round - soft. My feed is choppy too, all the show, wish they could do better quality, even for free.

Sparky
Aug. 6, 2009, 12:17 PM
It's actually kind of chilly today--lots of fresh horses

SidesaddleRider
Aug. 6, 2009, 12:58 PM
Isn't it the Working Hunter next? If so, why are they walking the course?

ETA: Yep, announcer just said they're almost ready to get under way with the Working Hunters, with jumps to simulate those in the hunting field.

beesknees
Aug. 6, 2009, 01:00 PM
The announcer said it's the EQ now. Nevermind...I'm very confused haha! Why were they walking the course?

My feed is also choppy

RugBug
Aug. 6, 2009, 01:30 PM
My feed is choppy too, all the show, wish they could do better quality, even for free.

Really? So how can you tell who has a good round? I can't make out enough to get an idea.

Oh wait, there was a huge chip, that showed up. But I can hardly get a feel for the round.

Plumcreek
Aug. 6, 2009, 01:41 PM
Really? So how can you tell who has a good round? I can't make out enough to get an idea.

Oh wait, there was a huge chip, that showed up. But I can hardly get a feel for the round.

After watching a lot of these, you learn to look through the chop. Key on split second still images of rider and horse. You can see position this way, but not flow. The Horse Auction webcast company seems to have a lock on these feeds - much better for broadcasting auctions.

Beezer
Aug. 6, 2009, 01:47 PM
Well ... crap. Late to the party again, dammit. :sigh:

mypaintwattie
Aug. 6, 2009, 02:00 PM
You can only show one in the EQ over Fences.

Oops, forgot. That's what happens when I try to think too hard in the morning:D

Some nice rounds so far, I'm not getting any work done though since I can't take my eyes off of my computer!

Plumcreek
Aug. 6, 2009, 02:00 PM
AGRHJRider's horses/kids that I saw, have done well.
Beezer, lots to go yet.
Sending you a PM on other topic.

Horseshowaddict
Aug. 6, 2009, 05:01 PM
Grey horse landed in the middle of the jump?! eek
Kid on bay horse just fell off.

Holy moses I never realized how scary the youth jumpers were.

AGRHJRider
Aug. 6, 2009, 08:05 PM
Thanks!
We were really happy with our rounds. Sarah did a good job with Brody "Becoming Art" This is just his second year of showing in the working, but she rode him very well considering she has stitches in her left heel!
Overall the girls had fun and have had nothing but wonderful attitudes.
I do have to comment though that there was a general lack of "togetherness" among many of the rounds.
This is actually my first year personally coaching and showing AQHA and haven't seen the quality i expected in the rides.
The courses were very VERY simple, But apparently many people complained last year because they said the courses were too hard... the equitation only had rollbacks and a bending line. No major tests like a medal course. So my girls were fairly prepared. I had them show the medals in our last few hunter shows.
I dont think the air conditioning made a huge difference. The horses were able to acclimate and there were plenty of opportunitites to go in and out of the main arena throughout the week. Ours were fine with it.
The jumpers were scary, im not gonna lie. I think the three best ridden rides were by Kyle Kellogg, the Myers girl who rides "Darn that Cat" and Miller Henard riding 2000 Model Te. Looking forward to seeing the finals on saturday.
Looking forward to the under saddle tomorrow!
Thank you for the compliment Plumcreek!

Plumcreek
Aug. 6, 2009, 11:15 PM
I love Darn That Cat.

SidesaddleRider
Aug. 7, 2009, 07:48 AM
Thanks! We were really happy with our rounds.

AGRHJRider, since you were then, can you explain why the riders were walking the course for the Working Hunter class? I was a bit confused.

LJD
Aug. 7, 2009, 09:28 AM
Slightly OT, but what's the cost comparison between A-circuit horses and the AQHA circuit horses? I'm looking to begin riding again, but given my teacher salary, I'm thinking about moving into a different breed and/or discipline.

AGRHJRider
Aug. 7, 2009, 09:36 AM
Im not really sure why they opened the ring for the working hunters.
The only reason i could foresee them doing this is becuase the main ring houses so many events in one day that most of the time the courses aren't set until right before its time for the class to start.
The ring was open for walking but we had already walked for our eq. course so we didnt think it was necessary.

Plumcreek
Aug. 7, 2009, 05:01 PM
Semi-finals of HUS are in now.

Hunter hack prelims will be next.

Horseshowaddict
Aug. 7, 2009, 05:08 PM
My old trainer/boss and I taught this guy how to jump around! He was 5 when we had him and had only been doing the u/s. He really took to jumping! Won every single class in the baby greens at the first A show that we showed him in, and continued to do very well at everything else we took him in. I am SOOOO glad that he is continuing to go around well! Its cool that I got to catch his round in the Jumpers yesterday, I wish them the best of luck in the Jump off tomorrow!!

Plumcreek
Aug. 7, 2009, 05:34 PM
My old trainer/boss and I taught this guy how to jump around! He was 5 when we had him and had only been doing the u/s. He really took to jumping! Won every single class in the baby greens at the first A show that we showed him in, and continued to do very well at everything else we took him in. I am SOOOO glad that he is continuing to go around well! Its cool that I got to catch his round in the Jumpers yesterday, I wish them the best of luck in the Jump off tomorrow!!

He is also in the finals of eq o/f and working hunter.

AGRHJRider
Aug. 8, 2009, 12:52 AM

I remember riding 2000 Model Te when he was a greenie over fences. He is an amazing horse and Miller Henard has worked her butt off to get where she is with him. I too wish her good luck in the jumpers tomorrow.

by the way Horseshowaddict our running commentary during the scary jumper rounds was PRICELESS!

enjoytheride
Aug. 8, 2009, 03:24 PM
I see a halter class on now, is all the jumping over?

Sparky
Aug. 8, 2009, 03:32 PM
Nope. There's western pleasure and HUS and Eq finals then the over fence classes.

Horseshowaddict
Aug. 8, 2009, 06:17 PM
They are getting ready to start the Hunter Hack

Plumcreek
Aug. 8, 2009, 07:35 PM
Eq Over Fences starting.

Horseshowaddict
Aug. 8, 2009, 07:49 PM
So far so good. These kids are looking far more "normal" by USEF childrens hunter standards now. The jumper prelim the other day seriously was so scary. Im wondering how the finals is. Is it a timed jump-off only, or do they have two rounds this time?

Horseshowaddict
Aug. 8, 2009, 08:12 PM
Yay Miller and Dudley!! 3rd in the Eq O/F!!

Plumcreek
Aug. 8, 2009, 08:19 PM
1st round and jump off, I believe.

Sparky, isn't Larry Hanech (sp?) a reiner?

Horseshowaddict
Aug. 8, 2009, 08:43 PM
A reining judge eh? I guess Id rather have a reiner judging o/f stuff than a WP person.

Horseshowaddict
Aug. 8, 2009, 10:41 PM
Hooray for Miller and Dudley! What a great show they had!

That That Darn Cat is super adorable, and what a great rider he has as well! Really nice riding from the top 4 riders especially in the jump-off!

Plumcreek
Aug. 8, 2009, 10:50 PM
And Sparky's daughter, Lainie Debour, trained the reserve champion in Eq O/F, Alison Golden and A Royal Asset.

baker blanket
Aug. 9, 2009, 01:09 AM
And Sparky's daughter, Lainie Debour, trained the reserve champion in Eq O/F, Alison Golden and A Royal Asset.

As well as the World Champions in the Hunter Hack... Chelsey Sample and Imasgoodasitgets.

:D

What a great night for them!!!