PDA

View Full Version : Info on Portland, OR area trainer needed.

Calvincrowe
Aug. 5, 2009, 12:12 PM
I am interested in opinions about Libbi Peltz as a trainer for an adult ammy who doesn't desire to go to the big A shows, just lessoning and the occasional local/regional show for hunters or low jumpers. Anyone know anything about her??

Trying to find a SE Portland area (Oregon City-ish) trainer/barn with reasonable prices and a nice facility with good turnout for a friend in that locale.

Other ideas?? This person does not want to drive to Wilsonville/Canby/Aurora nor to the west side, so it does limit the possibilities a bit.

Rainrider
Aug. 5, 2009, 12:54 PM
one could also look at Raincreek with Vicki Zacharius-

Calvincrowe
Aug. 5, 2009, 01:00 PM
I thought of Vicki, and passed that info along as well to this person. Not sure they'd be a good personality match, but the other requirements are there with her. I just don't know much about Libbi--seen her ride a bit, said "hey" a few times in the aisles. Just looking for insights.

Mee
Aug. 5, 2009, 03:25 PM
Brawley Farms North is in Oregon City. I don't know what the address is though, and I can't find it on their website.

dropitlikeitshot
Aug. 5, 2009, 11:39 PM
If it's an adult ammie just looking to ride, have fun, and do the occasional show, then Libbi is a great choice :yes: She does share a barn with Debbie, a brand new facility just off on 213, a bit past the college. Libbi is a good trainer and a nice person.

Vicki is also a fine choice! I think it would behoove your friend to go meet each, take a lesson with each, and decide from there which would be a better fit for her :yes:

DraftHorsePower
Aug. 6, 2009, 03:40 AM
Just clicked on this thread for curiosity sakes... but my horse just went out on a trial with one of Vicki's kids at Rain Creek and they seem to be in love. Good to see some recommendations for her :) :)

CrUsHpOnY
Sep. 20, 2009, 11:10 PM
Libbi would be perfect. She is a nice lady and incredibly honest. I ride with Debbie Brawley, but we share the facilities with her. She would definitely cater to this kind of client without too much pressure to do more then she would like. Her horses all go well and she is a decent rider and coach. I've taken some lessons from her and her insights have always been useful.