PDA

View Full Version : Isabell Werth

Bethe Mounce
Aug. 4, 2009, 11:04 PM
Just a question....not meant to start gossip mongering or speculation...she is pregnant, the father is her trainer (W. Wittig) and he is married? I saw an interview today with Mr. Wittig, and there was a mention of his wife. Really, no offense intended or gossiping....the curious side of me comes out now and then.

K Bayo
Aug. 4, 2009, 11:30 PM
Wittig is not the father.

K Bayo
Aug. 4, 2009, 11:33 PM
The father is her partner Wolfgang Urban.

Sabine
Aug. 5, 2009, 01:18 AM
Wolfgang Urban was involved at a c-level in a large department store operation in Germany- comparable to Macy's ....a pure business man who has nothing to do with horses- but also is a previous sponsor of her career with that same department store- promoting the chain.

So - no questionable activity here...nothing that compares to what the German FN has done to her- or the German press...:(!

Bethe Mounce
Aug. 5, 2009, 02:59 AM
Ah...ok---I was mistaken in who Wittig is. Got it!

slc2
Aug. 5, 2009, 03:43 AM
Even if it were, stuff happens, people are, after all, human. I just don't get excited about even the possibility.

rabicon
Aug. 5, 2009, 10:14 AM
All I say is, probably another dressage star in the making :D

Briggsie
Aug. 5, 2009, 12:02 PM
Yay! I am happy for her! Nice to see that top riders are making time for families...I am faced with thad decision as of late...and am scared shitless of not being able to ride :( So heck, if Isabell can pull it off....why not. Anky did too!

slc2
Aug. 5, 2009, 09:40 PM
You can ride while pregant, if you're lucky you will only miss 6 weeks or so. Then you can get a papoose board and take the little infant along.:lol:

K Bayo
Aug. 5, 2009, 09:43 PM
Six weeks? Before or after the birth? Oww.

slc2
Aug. 5, 2009, 09:58 PM
well, maybe a little longer. LOL. Natural childbirth is supposed to be easier to recover from, but I have my doubts that it's a picnic.

A couple gals I knew were sick of trying to ride by the time they got to seven months, their stomachs were hitting the pommel of the saddle.

They took off month eight and nine, and then two more months after the baby was born, I think more in order to watch the baby than really feeling bad, but a total of 4 months.

goeslikestink
Aug. 5, 2009, 10:27 PM
depends on the person not all can ride whilse pregnant and it depends on whats what medically

NoDQhere
Aug. 5, 2009, 10:34 PM
I actually rode the day my son was born! About 8 hours before I went into labor. Only for a few minutes, though. Of course we put up 4000 small square bales of hay that summer and stacked the last of it that same day. I had help, but stayed very active, riding, driving tractor and yes, even lifting hay bales. I rode in the Adult Team Championships at Preliminary Level when my son was 2.5 months old. All was well. My son is all grown up now but doesn't have any interest in horses or farming :lol:.

Briggsie
Aug. 5, 2009, 10:49 PM
I love it! i am a bit reluctant to try though! My boy is quick and HUGE. he would probably kill me and the kid.

Ambrey
Aug. 5, 2009, 11:40 PM
I actually rode the day my son was born!

LOL, at first I thought you meant AFTER! I was thinking... OW!

My daughter was easy, but after my son I had a 2nd degree perineal tear and could barely walk for 2 weeks, much less ride ;) I could definitely have been back in the saddle 4-5 weeks after either though (didn't have a horse at the time).

StarDoozer
Aug. 6, 2009, 10:38 AM
Wittig is not the father.

Maurey is going to be so dissapointed.

JEN22
Aug. 6, 2009, 12:26 PM
StarDoozer...
HAHAHA!!! I was thinking exactly that same thing!

Tiki
Aug. 6, 2009, 12:45 PM
I had a friend once who had to get off the horse to have the baby.

Dressage Art
Aug. 6, 2009, 02:12 PM
My cousin had a baby very easy; she said it felt like she went to the bathroom for #2. She had a small girl. I on the other hand was bed driven for a week and in labor for 23 hours. I had a ~9 pound boy. So it depends for how long you'll be able to ride. Dismounting is the problem; belly is on the way of your legs ;)

First 2 years of my son's life I couldn't do much at all. They need constant attention every 2-3 hours of feeding and changing diapers. Prices for day care or for babysitter are sky high since nobody wants to change diapers. Very hard years. After 2 years old, it's was easy. After they go to school at 5 - you have your freedom back. Now my son is 16 and I love, love, love him and he helps me out a lot as well.

I would love to have more kids, but my pregnancy, delivery + 2 first years were quite hard on me.

egontoast
Aug. 6, 2009, 10:26 PM
gee, his name starts with W and I think I heard that the father of the baby has a name starting with W so maybe she is therefore having an affair with a married man?

GAHHH

To the Op- why would you post this thread.. it's not that hard to find out the name of the sire of this dressage prospect.

I suspect there are many people with names starting with W who have never been intimate with Herself.

Equibrit
Aug. 6, 2009, 10:32 PM
Just a question....not meant to start gossip mongering or speculation.... Really, no offense intended or gossiping....the curious side of me comes out now and then.

Yeah ................right.

carolinagirl191
Aug. 7, 2009, 11:49 AM
Those getting snarky are late to the dance. The whole thing was put to bed (pun intended) by Sabine in post #4.

Bethe Mounce
Aug. 7, 2009, 12:02 PM
gee, his name starts with W and I think I heard that the father of the baby has a name starting with W so maybe she is therefore having an affair with a married man?

GAHHH

To the Op- why would you post this thread.. it's not that hard to find out the name of the sire of this dressage prospect.

I suspect there are many people with names starting with W who have never been intimate with Herself.

I asked the question because, as my original post stated, my curiosity got the better of me! Plus this thread has taken on a life of its own, as many threads on the bulletin board do.

Bethe Mounce
Aug. 7, 2009, 12:05 PM
Yeah ................right.

Gee whiz, it was merely a question.....never ceases to amaze me how quickly a thread can become ugly. I don't post often due to the above comment. I guess the old adage is true: "curiosity did kill the cat!" Cheers.