View Full Version : Peter Foley (Woodhall Farm)

Aug. 4, 2009, 05:02 PM
What are your thoughts, comments on Peter Foley as a coach? You can PM me if you'd like.

Aug. 4, 2009, 07:51 PM
Peter is amazing. One of my dearest friends rides there and I used to go down with my young horses for clinics. He's amazing with the babies and really great with a rider lacking in confidence(me). The barn runs smoothly, great group of ladies with a few jr's thrown in. I moved to Rolling Acres in MD a year ago but when I was deciding I seriously thought about driving the 1.5 hours a couple times a week to ride with Peter and Dale.

Aug. 4, 2009, 07:53 PM
He does an excellent job and is a very nice guy.

Aug. 4, 2009, 07:58 PM
He is one of the best!

Aug. 4, 2009, 10:34 PM
Peter Foley is the best. He takes great care of the horses and ponies and is also nice to everyone. He is a true pleasure to be around. Honest and fun.

Aug. 5, 2009, 07:19 AM
One of the nicest people you will ever meet. I have not had the good fortune of training under him but everyone I know who has/does speaks very highly of him.

Most importantly to me, the highest recommendation came from dear Kennett Square, two days after I met him for the first time when he helped "newbie at trailering" me out at Middleburg Classic. She and I had parked and were walking towards the ring to spectate when we encountered Peter and they had a great chuckle at my embarrassment when I told her how he had helped me out, a total stranger, only days before.

Now that I think about it, some of the nicest and most talented people I know train with Peter Foley. A common trait, perhaps?

Aug. 5, 2009, 08:53 AM
Peter is a great guy and a wonderful trainer. His customers are great too - am good friends with all. He has turned out some spectacular horses & riders. No hesitations or caveats in recommending him!

Aug. 5, 2009, 10:11 AM
WHAT MORE CAN I SAY ....:D:):yes:

Aug. 5, 2009, 10:19 AM
Love him. If I were in the h/j world, he's who I'd be with.

Aug. 5, 2009, 04:41 PM
Wonderful man. Kind, patient, knowledgeable. He has a great group of riders. I had the pleasure of training with him one time at a show and it was a great experience.

Aug. 5, 2009, 05:12 PM
I rode with him for years. He gave me so much confidence! I credit him with being able to laugh at myself when neccesary, but still take my riding seriously. I don't train with him any more, but I still hear his voice in my head sometimes!
He is a class act with a big heart!

jody jaffe
Aug. 5, 2009, 06:42 PM
I trained with Peter when I lived in the DC area. He's wonderful. Sweet and PATIENT.

And one of the funniest people in the hunter world. Ask him about coiffing the angel's hair on his mother's Christmas tree topper.

Great guy, great horseman.

Aug. 5, 2009, 08:43 PM
He was kind enough to let my Bear hitch a ride on his trailer from NC a few years ago :)

Aug. 6, 2009, 08:40 AM
IT is nice for once that ALL the "posters" have only nice things to say about Peter. BOY this is one trainer that is doing something right .:lol:

see u at x
Aug. 6, 2009, 08:43 AM
Ya'll are making me wish I had a truck and trailer so that I could trailer over to train with him every week! :lol:

Aug. 6, 2009, 08:50 AM
WELL YOU KNOW ....he has a great proven record. wonderful clients, and has produced super horses.
Besides,, he is just a awesome , fun , and honest person to be around .
YOU should try and take a lesson.
you will love it . HE is so good at what he does...:yes:
come on out we would love to see you .

see u at x
Aug. 6, 2009, 09:06 AM
I will seriously consider it. It's so rare to find someone who consistently has a positive reputation with everyone. As long as everyone doesn't laugh at my ineptitude in the saddle, I'll be OK. :lol:

Aug. 6, 2009, 09:37 AM
I have ridden with Peter for three years. His program is absolutely top notch, he is incredibly flexible for people who work full time and still want to ride seriously, the care at the barn is second to none, and the general atmosphere is like a family. He took both my horse and me to a new level I never thought I could reach.
If you are looking for full training board, a coach to meet up with at shows, or anything in between, best to call him directly.
If you have any questions or would like his contact information, please feel free to message me.