PDA

View Full Version : Any good deals on browbands? Shop for me please!

TrotTrotPumpkn
Aug. 3, 2009, 11:28 PM
A VERY lighthearted thread.

I'm being lazy, I'll admit it. I want to find a more decorative (yet tasteful) browband for my dressage bridle. Something for my chestnuts. Maybe brass. Since my bridle didn't cost THAT much I don't want to spend too much for a browband (plus it is nice to feel like you can get something else if your taste changes). I know there is art out there, but unless it is a bargain, I'm not going to spring for it (this time).

Any ideas? Great deals?

Ambrey
Aug. 4, 2009, 12:27 AM
Try dressage extensions. They had a BUNCH on sale when I checked, some really neat ones! Unfortunately for me, very few in OS :(

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Aug. 4, 2009, 08:45 AM
contact slpeders!!! She did some incredible browbands for our last fundraiser...and she will custom make, and very reasonably priced.

SHeri Pederson, www.onthemuscle.com

PennyChrome
Aug. 4, 2009, 10:56 AM
Dressage Extensions has a bunch on closeout.

TrotTrotPumpkn
Aug. 4, 2009, 12:18 PM
Ok, another question. I, personally, am drawn towards gold or brass, but my bridle has silver buckles. Would it be tacky to do brass on a browband of a bridle with silver buckles?? I just can't picture it.

IrishDeclan
Aug. 4, 2009, 12:32 PM
I have an alternating brass and nickel clincher browband on my jumping bridle (which has nickel buckles). I don't know if they make them for dressage bridles, but that may be an option for you. I think it's really classy looking.

mickeydoodle
Aug. 4, 2009, 12:34 PM
simplechange browbands are great- you buy the brow band, then you can change the bead strings as often as you want. I have about 6 bead strings, and i just pop them in and out depending on what "color" my mood is

iownapaint
Aug. 4, 2009, 01:29 PM
You can click on my siggy and contact me through the site...we could make something up just for you and the price is probably less than you're thinking too. ;)

mypaintwattie
Aug. 4, 2009, 06:40 PM
contact slpeders!!! She did some incredible browbands for our last fundraiser...and she will custom make, and very reasonably priced.

SHeri Pederson, www.onthemuscle.com

I second that, can't wait to see how Oliver's turned out. Otherwise Dressage Extensions- they always have a nice selection. Dover and maybe Smartpak- it's worth a look.