PDA

View Full Version : Leesburg, VA -Question

sspry
Aug. 3, 2009, 09:40 PM
Visiting from H/J land to ask a quick question. I was at a beautiful farm on Limestone School Rd this weekend. Houses alpacas now, but heard it used to be a dressage farm. What is the scoop on the place? What a shame- looked gorgeous.

LexInVA
Aug. 3, 2009, 09:47 PM
I know which one you are talking about. It's the VA Alpaca Farm & Breeding Company. That used to be Lost Creek Equestrian Center. I don't recall what it was before that.

sspry
Aug. 3, 2009, 09:53 PM
It is so pretty. Kind of made me a little sick to see alpacas there, but much better than McMansions!!! ;)

Trakehner
Aug. 3, 2009, 09:58 PM
I looked at boarding there once...lovely place, washers/dryers for your pads, nice rings, viewing room etc...they even had alpacas then, but they were limited in their presence.

A real pity of a lovely barn for todays chinchillas/emus/Amway.

sspry
Aug. 4, 2009, 11:18 AM
Anyone know why no horses?

LexInVA
Aug. 4, 2009, 11:40 AM
Anyone know why no horses?

If by that question you mean to ask "Why don't they use it for boarding horses and get it on the local equestrian market?", I would say that they probably want nothing to do with local equestrians or their business which is very logical for their business which is breeding mind-numbingly cuddly Alpacas according to what I see on their website.

sid
Aug. 4, 2009, 11:49 AM
They probably found alpaca breeding a far more profitable and less stressful, time-intensive endeavor than boarding horses...;)