PDA

View Full Version : Menlo Charity Show- anyone from COTH going?

Equus_girl
Aug. 3, 2009, 04:31 PM
I was wondering if anyone is going to Menlo Charity Show this week (Nor Cal)?

MR
Aug. 4, 2009, 12:45 AM
:( Not me this year - neither to show, nor to watch. We usually at least go by for the Gambler's Choice or GP, but have prior engagements both days.

Sounds like it may be a bit smaller this year - heard from multiple barns that they weren't originally planning to go, but now are taking just a couple folks.

Have fun! It's always a wonderful show, & I hope the big classes are as fun to watch as usual!

Perfect Pony
Aug. 4, 2009, 01:16 AM
I am going Saturday to watch and cheer others on, and of course enjoy the hunter classic and GP. Doubt if I would ever have the opportunity to show there, but I love going every year.

Are you riding?

ljc
Aug. 4, 2009, 01:40 AM
Haven't missed Menlo for 25 years. Lived in the Bay Area until 2003; now I use that show as a chance to revisit old barn buddies. I had great fun showing at Menlo for many years, too. Still remember my first time doing the A/O hunters on the grass field when George Morris and Joe Fargis were both judging. A highlight of my showing days!

Anyway, I've heard the numbers are down slightly and they've put up fewer barns but it won't affect anything. A lovely show run by dedicated volunteers and first-rate staff. Definitely one of the best shows on West Coast.

Can't wait to get there.