PDA

View Full Version : What annoys you at shows?

EquitationRider
Aug. 3, 2009, 08:49 AM
I'm being curious so...what annoys you at shows? Can be riding related, horse related, people related, anything!

Mine:

1. I hate it when people display their ribbons on there belt all day to show off how good they did. I mean seriosly, put them on the banner or your horses stall!

2. I hate it when people say "I should of won th class, the winner sucked." and you were the winner and they say it right in front of you.

3. I hate it when people cut you off on a flat class.

4. I hate people who cut you off and ignore you when you say "Outside" or "Inside" in the schooling ring. (I had a grand prix rider who was riding without a helment trotting and cantering around while talking on his cell phone cut me off, i was pissed.)

5. I hate rings that are so small that you have like a stride before the turn to get your lead chane.

6. I hate it when I'm haveing a bad day and everybody says "It's okay your riding great" when im not, to try to cheer me up.

7. Kids with push button ponies that go into the ring, ride terribly, but there ponies automatic lead changes and consistant stride wins the class. i mean wouldn't you rather win knowing you deserved it and had to ride for it instead of your pony winning it by being easy!

So whats yours?

Einstein
Aug. 3, 2009, 08:53 AM
The crazy warm up rings, drive me nuts.:mad:

chukkerchild
Aug. 3, 2009, 09:00 AM
When my horse shakes his head just as I'm at the end of the braid! :lol:

Hunter/JumperMom
Aug. 3, 2009, 09:02 AM
While I understand trainer conflicts, I hate when rings are held up for a trainer, a few minutes even 10 -20 is okay, but when rings are held for 45 minutes for the same barn over and over! Once in a while I can deal with, but show after show, year after year, tells me that the big name barn needs to hire more people!! Or go first so no conflicts!

supershorty628
Aug. 3, 2009, 09:05 AM
Rather than preface it with "I hate...", I'll just say that I LOVE hard start times. I also love PA systems that allow the ringmaster(s) to tell the barns what is going on.

At HITS this past week, there was a ton of rain one day and a lot of people scratched, but there was no announcement back at the barns about when my class would be starting. I got down there at the time that the ringmaster had told me and had not only missed my course walk, but was on deck because 12 people before me had scratched. The next day, I made sure to be early because the footing was still bad, but ended up having my horse down there 40 minutes early (and anyone who knows HITS Saugerties and where the silver stabling is knows that 40 minutes isn't really enough time to go back to the barn) because the other class was running late and there was no announcement. Not good.

TesignedInGold
Aug. 3, 2009, 09:09 AM
While I understand trainer conflicts, I hate when rings are held up for a trainer, a few minutes even 10 -20 is okay, but when rings are held for 45 minutes for the same barn over and over! Once in a while I can deal with, but show after show, year after year, tells me that the big name barn needs to hire more people!! Or go first so no conflicts!

I showed yesterday.. at a big, pretty competitive schooling show. Schooling closed, judge got on the judge's stand, getting ready for first trip of the division. Trainer shows up late with her students, and the ring stewardess allows her in with her students to school. NEVERMIND that the division was ALREADY starting over 30 minutes late!

GIVE ME A BREAK!!! Had it been me, the ring wouldn't have been held, and I would've had to deal with it.

Trakehner
Aug. 3, 2009, 09:10 AM
While I understand trainer conflicts, I hate when rings are held up for a trainer, a few minutes even 10 -20 is okay, but when rings are held for 45 minutes for the same barn over and over!

Bad ring steward and judge. There's no reason to wait for the start of any class. If you're ready, you're ready. If you're late...too bad. Some stables are notorious for their trainers keeping everyone waiting...WBTA (Washington Bridle Trails Assoc) shows are horrid for prima-donna trainers keeping people waiting and the show heirarchy are pathetic in keeping things moving.

I hate dogs at horse shows...I don't ride at their dog show, they don't need to be at my horse show.

Feral kids are annoying...get a babysitter if you can't watch your BCP failures.

Food and Photos...we aren't talking Julia Child cuisine and Ansel Adams quality photography...$3 weenies and $2.5 cans of pop are a wonderful reminder to bring a cooler.

SkipChange
Aug. 3, 2009, 09:12 AM
1. People who use you as a speed bump to stop their run-away, out of control horse.

2. Bad footing.

3. When plenty of people are standing near the in gate obviously ready to go but no one will. Going first isn't always that hard. (and yes, I do often go first myself)

4. When it takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r to do a course change.

5. People who go over the course loudly and say it WRONG.

Czar
Aug. 3, 2009, 09:50 AM
Thankfully this doesn't happen at our A shows but it happens continually on our B circuit:

The back to back order of go is not posted for the next division until it's practically starting. Show management often expects EVERYONE to be ready (like we were 20 years ago when back to backs didn't exist & there were 6 of us) at the beginning of the division which is ludicrous for back to backs with even 15 horses in the division. If you're in the last group, you're looking at about 12 horses to do 4 trips which is roughly an hour & a half.

Which consequently, makes it hard to plan if you have students showing in multiple rings.

rabicon
Aug. 3, 2009, 10:13 AM
When the ring is held up, like someone else said. I've waiting upwards of 45min to an hour many of times. What I can't understand is if there are others in the class ready to go why can't they just go????? This is why I love dressage. If your not there at your ride time then oh well you miss it and your SOL.

crazy gray horse
Aug. 3, 2009, 10:20 AM
Snobby or catty kids! I took my horse up to Dorset last Tuesday for my trainer to school. My daughter was standing next to the bleacher watching the schooling and there was 2 teens sitting there. One teen says to the other "OMG - did you see the girl in the purple shirt? She did six in a seven stride!!!" :eek: Other teen replies "OMG - that's like almost illegal". :lol:

My daughter walked away laughing.

gasrgoose
Aug. 3, 2009, 10:47 AM
Checking out in the show office, not the people or even the wait, just writing the check!!!

Rye
Aug. 3, 2009, 10:52 AM
1. VPL
2. Trainers yelling at their clients
3. Stage-mothers
4. Hurry up and wait.....and wait.....and wait....HJ shows in the US are very inefficient.

FAW
Aug. 3, 2009, 11:05 AM
Welcome to the Hunter-Jumper world...

see u at x
Aug. 3, 2009, 11:11 AM
We did a really small schooling show yesterday in the pouring rain, and they were nice enough to hold several classes for us because we made up half of the show. :lol: It normally has way more people, but because of the rain, most folks stayed home. (Couldn't really blame them!) Our tardiness was partially due to us getting the show's start time wrong, most early divisions were cancelled, and also the fact that my friend was in an accident with her trailer the other day, so we had to scramble to find extra trailers to use. My trailer ride got to the barn late and I literally got to the show right before my division. No warm up, no nothing. I hate getting to a show late and not getting proper warm-up.

I don't mind riding in the rain, but I'm really not a fan of riding in sloppy footing. Neither is my horse, which was compounded by the fact that she's in season and my normally forward mover turns into a complete deadhead.

I don't care for it when the judge and ring announcer carry on a conversation or commentary over the loudspeaker while the classes are going.

I don't like it much when, just because it's a schooling show, there isn't someone to run out and fix jumps, which causes you to miss your last jump since no one came out and fixed the first jump that you knocked over.

I'm not a huge fan of parents who park their strollers right next to the arena causing several horses to spook (granted, the horse DOES need to get over it already, meaning MY horse needs to get over it. :)). Their kid is competing against you in the class, beats you, and then they come up and ask you, "Oh, we didn't cause you to mess up too badly, did we?" Yeah, you probably did, but whatever. Yes, it's my fault for riding like crap and my steddy eddy horse for kind of being a nerd, but please...when your kid rides horses/ponies that could probably go in and do the classes by themselves without a rider (ie. former state champions, etc.) :lol:, and your kid has a tendency to ride up on my butt even though the ring is huge, I'm a little sensitive. Although your apology is probably well-meaning, I'd just rather not hear it at the moment.

Phoebe
Aug. 3, 2009, 11:20 AM
Here's what I don't like:

1. Nutsy schooling in the warm up time period -- what happened to always passing left shoulder to left shoulder, calling jumps and just generally watching out for other people?

2. Waiting and waiting and waiting for trainers from other ring or for people to get their acts together -- there is NO REASON for this -- never used to be that way -

3. People who walk out of the ring after the hack and STAND at the in gate -- MOVE OUT OF THE WAY so people can get out of the ring

4. Same token - people who stand AT the ingate on horse when they aren't going, aren't on deck - heck half the time they aren't even in the class -- just hanging at the gate -- MOVE

5. No schooling area - this has happened a couple times to us at local shows lately-- no jump to pop over just before you go into the ring, no place to warm up before class -- we use the local shows to introduce greenies to the show environment and they really need a little hop over a x-rail or something before they go into ring

6. And can I just mention the waiting again? Its really getting unreal at some shows - local schooling show - we were riding in the dark because people were just slow about getting tacked up and on and up to the ring - nobody seemed bothered by it -- drove me nuts

Canadapony
Aug. 3, 2009, 11:36 AM
I don't even know where to start, and although I name off all of these things I am sure that there are things I do that annoy people

1. Coaches who think that when their student is going around the show ring it is ok to coach them as if it were a lesson

2. When the show decides to stick all three pony sizes in one warm up ring (kind of hard when you have 30 + larges, 20+ mediums etc)

3. People (especially kids/teens) who watch rounds and basically pick it apart and comment on everything negative about the round, the rider, and the horse/pony

I have tons more but those are just a few

horsegirl123
Aug. 3, 2009, 11:48 AM
If you survive the schooling putting up with the trainers that scream at the top of their lungs to get the point across. I think it is disrespectful to the student but to everyone else there.

Parking at a schooling show when you have left enough room for horses and someone pulls up right beside not leaving any room. This happened yesterday to me and their horse tried to kick my horse. The trainer told me that her horse didn't like my horse. UGHH...

This irritates me more than anything when folks are talking that they should have won the class because they were better. We all have our opinions but so does the judge. You win some and lose some that is part of showing. We have all been there.

slp
Aug. 3, 2009, 11:55 AM
Individuals that decide to give a short stirrup kid a lesson over cross poles in the middle of the warm-up ring when the warm-up ring is filled with people that are actually trying to warm up for their class!

dauphine2
Aug. 3, 2009, 12:12 PM
3. People (especially kids/teens) who watch rounds and basically pick it apart and comment on everything negative about the round, the rider, and the horse/pony

Especially when you see them ride later in the day and they by no means did any better than the person that they were commenting on. We all have opinions, and for the sake of being polite we keep many of them to ourselves. :yes:

To the MAX
Aug. 3, 2009, 12:14 PM
People who use their horses as couches. It's another hour and a half to the hack...get off of your horse, loosen their girth (or take the saddle off entirely), and let them have a drink!

JWB
Aug. 3, 2009, 12:18 PM
Dogs at horse shows!!!!!
Loose dogs at shows are #1 pet peeve but dogs tied out on lunge lines in the barn area where they are under foot or barking at people are a strong #2.

If you're going to bring a dog to a horse show, have someone who can keep the dog with them all day or have a secure crate.
Bring poop bags.

I compete in dog shows and in horse shows and I've NEVER seen anyone tie up their pony in the kennel area (or let it run loose) at a dog show so why do we do it at horse shows? I have four dogs and I love them dearly but I don't have time for them at horse shows. They stay home with DH or with a pet sitter. The one time I HAD to take one with me, she came and stayed in her crate in the tack room when I didn't have her on leash WITH me.

jetsmom
Aug. 3, 2009, 12:36 PM
I'm being curious so...what annoys you at shows? Can be riding related, horse related, people related, anything!

Mine:

1. I hate it when people display their ribbons on there belt all day to show off how good they did. I mean seriosly, put them on the banner or your horses stall!

Many people will hook the ribbons to their belt, while watching their barn mates go. When I've shown/attended shows, we'd often pick up or take the ribbons for people in our barn, so they can go in their next class, and wee'd stand at the ring and watch, rather than walking all the way back to the stables, just to hang up the ribbons. Purely a matter of convenience, and often the ribbons we have hanging on our belt were't even ours, but our fellow barn mates.

So please don't think that anyone w/ribbons hanging from them are trying to show off.

MyAlter0709
Aug. 3, 2009, 12:45 PM
Rather than preface it with "I hate...", I'll just say that I LOVE hard start times. I also love PA systems that allow the ringmaster(s) to tell the barns what is going on.

At HITS this past week, there was a ton of rain one day and a lot of people scratched, but there was no announcement back at the barns about when my class would be starting. I got down there at the time that the ringmaster had told me and had not only missed my course walk, but was on deck because 12 people before me had scratched. The next day, I made sure to be early because the footing was still bad, but ended up having my horse down there 40 minutes early (and anyone who knows HITS Saugerties and where the silver stabling is knows that 40 minutes isn't really enough time to go back to the barn) because the other class was running late and there was no announcement. Not good.

I just watched your VT video... What an awesome horse you have!

AppendixQHLover
Aug. 3, 2009, 12:45 PM
1. Warm-up ring. I swear at some shows the warm up ring is more entertaining than the class.

chawley
Aug. 3, 2009, 01:10 PM
After many years of showing, I'm pretty selective where I show anymore in an effort to avoid many of the aforementioned gripes posted so far. I'll only go to shows that I know are well run with nice facilities and good footing. Otherwise, it's just not worth it to me, and they are too expensive to not have a good experience. But, all that being said, it's still very difficult to eliminate the waiting...."hurry up and wait" is and always will be an issue. But, some shows that I attend have gotten so much better at managing it, which is greatly appreciated!

And I hate the schooling ring and try to avoid it if possible. That's easy w/ my own horse, but if I'm showing a greenie that needs to school, it can be down right frightening in there!

dghunter
Aug. 3, 2009, 01:40 PM
Small rings. We just don't like them :lol: There is one show that we used to go to where the warm-up ring is seriously a 20m circle. The show ring is super nice but the warm up is such a disaster so we've decided to stop going.

ponies123
Aug. 3, 2009, 02:19 PM
This weekend I was at a show and was riding a very nervous, spooky mare. I started her in the schooling ring which is actually the size of 2 + rings with a temporary metal fence in the middle of it. I was the ONLY one in the schooling ring and the mare was looking at things, shying out of the way, spinning, etc. it was pretty obvious she was a nervous green bean.

Well someone came down with two big horses and started lunging them right next to where I was. They were cracking the whip, etc. and the lunge line was super long and loose so a lot of it was hanging on the ground. The horses being lunged were spooking and thus set the mare I was on off even more. I thought they could have at least gone on the OTHER side of the temp. metal fence. So I went up into one of the show rings (it was Friday so a schooling day). Started the whole process of walking the mare around to let her see everything all over again and right as she's calm enough that I picked up the trot they came up and lunged in that ring. So I went into the main ring where there were several other riders getting lessons, trainers standing in the ring, etc. and rode in there. I made sure that I avoided everyone because I knew the mare was spooky. About 10 minutes later the lungers came in that ring and started lunging in the middle of about 10 horses/riders including little kids on ponies.

I guess they wanted to lunge their horses in every ring? I don't know but I about lost it!

vacation1
Aug. 3, 2009, 02:22 PM
From a purely spectator POV:

1) The LOUD comments from fellow spectators. Even if their comments are dead-on accurate, it's gross to have an adult trainer surrounded by a Greek chorus of tweens rip on people as they compete. Have some decency. It is completely possible to very quietly share critical impressions with another person if you feel the need. Truly.

2) People who a) bring horses into the spectator area and fail to keep an eye on them until after the horse gets tangled in something, or b) bring a horse who clearly is not in a calm frame of mind into spectator areas. Obviously, I'm not saying horses don't belong at a horse show! But if there's an area where all the moms, siblings, etc. are congregated, you have to have some common sense about taking a horse there.

3) Parent spectators, especially the dads, who cope with the mind-numbing boredom of watching a sport they do not understand by exchanging corporate war stories. Life would be sweeter if I could go one horse show without hearing an extended complaint about their latest red-eye.

4) Spectators with cell phones and no working knowledge of how civilization has ever functioned. "Yeah, I'm still at the show. What??? Yeah, Still. Kasey's going in 15 minutes or something. Sweet Potato is acting up. How's Bill? You think maybe we should get pizza tonight? What? I can't hear you. Yeah, the food here sucks." Common gripe, but somehow it's even more jarring in the beautiful rural surroundings of a horse show than at a movie theatre or store.

heygirlhey33
Aug. 3, 2009, 02:43 PM
I have a new complaint to add to the list. When you find out after they pinned the class that the judge was having a break durring your round explaining why your perfect round didnt get a ribbon. That was the worst thats happened to me so far, I was especially upset when that round getting a ribbon would have gotten me grand at a huge AA show.

I also dislike when the photographers get a million pictures of you durring your off week and not a single one of the week that you were awsome. ( I know not to blame them, Its just rather unfortunate)

I also wish they wouldnt call off victory gallops just because there at the end of the day, as personally after winning a verry competive class My horse likes to lead the lap around so he knows he wins ahaha.

gottagrey
Aug. 3, 2009, 04:00 PM
I too hate waiting for trainers - yes we all understand trainer conflicts and sometimes they are unavoidable, but trainers can and should try to manage their schedules as best they can - that often means making sure their students/clients are not always the last to go in every single class, in every single division. I was at a show where there were 2 trainers, trainer B (the wife of Trainer A) was coaching a kid at the ring - it was pre-childrens hunter or something like that jumps 2'. So she gave her client instructions, went over the course oh but wait, cannot go yet, not until Hubby Trainer A comes over - why he would just kill her if she allowed that.. So we waited for 45 minutes and she sent the feminist movement back 30 years:lol: Very annoying.

I also hate when I see bad sportsmanship towards a horse - like a kid/person who messes up and takes it out on their horse... I hate parents and/or trainers who berate their kids/clients for not being as perfect - even though they try.. it's supposed to be fun right.. and don't we pay for this "fun"

Now to flip over - I LOVE seeing little kids (or grownups) kiss/pat their ponies/horses for doing a good job - or for just no reason at all

I love to hear parents/trainers mend wounded/hurt egos..without berating or being too critical...

Aug. 3, 2009, 04:09 PM
1. VPL
2. Trainers yelling at their clients
3. Stage-mothers
4. Hurry up and wait.....and wait.....and wait....HJ shows in the US are very inefficient.

VPL is seriously your #1 show gripe? You sure must spend a lot of time staring at people's butts! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

myalter1
Aug. 3, 2009, 04:12 PM
i hated that when i went to pick up my daughter's entry today (for the leadline tomorrow) that the horse show told me they weren't ready and i should come back later today. Sorry, i have a job and have to work and can't come back later, and i would rather not have to worry about getting her entries tomorrow when i am dealing with her and her pony. Grrrr...the horse show starts today, shouldn't the entries be ready today?

supershorty628
Aug. 3, 2009, 04:20 PM
I just watched your VT video... What an awesome horse you have!

Aw, thank you! She's a very special girl.

LD1129
Aug. 3, 2009, 04:24 PM
When the ring is held up, like someone else said. I've waiting upwards of 45min to an hour many of times. What I can't understand is if there are others in the class ready to go why can't they just go????? This is why I love dressage. If your not there at your ride time then oh well you miss it and your SOL.

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

bear necessities
Aug. 3, 2009, 05:07 PM
I don't even know where to start, and although I name off all of these things I am sure that there are things I do that annoy people

1. Coaches who think that when their student is going around the show ring it is ok to coach them as if it were a lesson

AH! I hate that!! The whole point is to show what you know if you don't know what you're doing before you go in the ring..you shouldn't be there!! A few weeks ago at a large B show a prominent trainer was heard saying, "ok ok squeeze your ring finger, ring finger. your leg is only at 90 degrees, open up." (say what??) all while the rider was cruising around by the in gate...that was open..and his student practically ran him over because he was basically standing in the ring. every single person around was trying not to laugh.

From a purely spectator POV:

4) Spectators with cell phones and no working knowledge of how civilization has ever functioned. "Yeah, I'm still at the show. What??? Yeah, Still. Kasey's going in 15 minutes or something. Sweet Potato is acting up. How's Bill? You think maybe we should get pizza tonight? What? I can't hear you. Yeah, the food here sucks." Common gripe, but somehow it's even more jarring in the beautiful rural surroundings of a horse show than at a movie theatre or store.

SO ANNOYING! Especially when you're in the ring and it's mostly quiet then someone's loud a** ringtone starts blaring and scares the crap out of your horse! Or they have a loud tone for text messages and since most teens can send about 58094 texts in a minute..that's a very repetitive sound! I couldn't tell you how many strides I got in that last line, but the little teeny bopper over there received about 5 texts.

relocatedTXjumpr
Aug. 3, 2009, 05:19 PM
I hate a bunch of the things already mentioned, but this has gotten to me lately...

Parents/friends even riders who are not familiar with the way a horse show works. Mom, Dad, Great Grandpa, etc are all at the show to watch darling child go around her walk/trot class. Grandma gets hot and pops open an umbrella right next to the ring, poopsie wants a million pictures taken and blocks the in gate while posing with every member of the family.

Dad wants to show off how his daughter can steer the big horsey and continues to yell at her to spin him around while the instructor is speaking with the child of after the instructor as told the child to dismount and take her house back to the barn. Brother is bored and decides it would be fun to throw rocks or jump up and down on the bleachers.

I really think trainers need to give a horse show 101 rundown to newbies and their parents.

Whats allowed, whats not allowed. Its perfectly fine to bring a gaggle of spectators, but rules should be laid out in advance. Theres A LOT going on at shows and most instructors have more than one kid going...I think it would be easier for all involved if some ground rules and expectations were laid out in advance.

Drives me batty!!!

Perfect Pony
Aug. 3, 2009, 05:26 PM
The only thing that bothers me are all the lame horses. And all the horses crammed into 10x10 portable stalls for sometimes weeks. And I see very few people (if any) just getting their horses out and walking them around either.

AppendixQHLover
Aug. 3, 2009, 05:29 PM
Oh just thought of a few more..

Trainers tell parents that parking in front of trailers that have no trucks attached, or right besides the trucks tends to make people GRR. I have had to on countless occasions go to the show office and have them making an announcment for so-so to please move your vehicle you are blocking a trailer.

Don't blame me if your mare is in heat and keeps squealing at my gelding through the barn wall. He is nicely eating his hay and she is just witchy. Seriously this happened. We moved my horse because the mare wouldn't leave him alone.

Using my horse as a emergency stopping zone does not make me happy. He hates having people run up his tail. The ears get pinned back, and he gives the ugly face. Learn to control your horse before going to a show.

AppendixQHLover
Aug. 3, 2009, 05:30 PM
The only thing that bothers me are all the lame horses. And all the horses crammed into 10x10 portable stalls for sometimes weeks. And I see very few people (if any) just getting their horses out and walking them around either.

My horse loves show weekends. We go for walks when not showing and he gets to eat grass.

Horseymama
Aug. 3, 2009, 06:20 PM

Mine:

(Totally guilty of this. Hey you gotta milk it when you can! Also, as someone else mentioned, I may pick up barnmates' ribbons for them.)

So whats yours?

Here are mine:

Bad footing is my number one pet peeve. I hate sand that gives way under their feet when they are taking off, turning and landing off a jump. I hate hog's fuel, I hate grass that has too much clay under it and gets lumpy, and of course I hate footing that is rock hard or knee-deep. This is by far our first reason for choosing shows. We go to shows to demonstrate what we have learned and have fun, not to break our horses!

Bitchy, rude show secretaries and show managers. Hello, customer service? I hate walking into the show office on the first day to see everyone working there with a scowl. Really motivates me to pay all those extra office fees.

Bad sportsmanship and bad horsemanship. Your horse should be fit, shiny, and healthy. I hate seeing skinny horses with dull coats at shows. And please don't rip on your horses face or beat them senseless in the ring if you have a problem.

superpony123
Aug. 3, 2009, 06:30 PM
You know what I hate? People that complain. ;)

If you don't like it, don't go to shows.

You're lucky you get to ride at all. You are even luckier if you have a horse. You are even more lucky if you can afford to go to a show. You are extremely lucky if you get to show frequently.

Grow up, life isn't fair. If you can't accept it, go find a different sport.

Sure, I don't like small warm up rings or bad footing or people who can't accept why they've lost and others win. I don't like bratty spoiled kids on expensive ponies that they end up ruining. But you know what's nice? They don't win everytime. They do plenty of the time, but it feels really REALLY nice when you beat those kids. But if you're going to be a party pooper and if it bothers you so terribly much well then don't go to shows, switch disciplines, find a different sport, if you feel so strongly.

If you don't like bad footing, then don't go to shows at venues that are known for crappy footing.

And, well, I don't see what's so wrong about hanging your ribbon on your belt. I've done it. I might have a handful of stuff to carry on my way back to the trailer, so where else am i going to put the ribbons? I'm pretty modest and the moment I get a chance to put the ribbons away, I do, but I don't see what's so terrible about being proud of that champion or first place ribbon. Or the pony does not have a stall for the day. Big deal. If you can't accept that other people are proud of themselves, then don't look.

If you are going to go to a horse show and be a party pooper, and complain about everything around you, well then you are just as bad of a sport as the people you complain about.

BTW, this is not aimed at anyone in particular :) I'm quite sure most of the posts here are quite legit (i don't like small rings, etc, just common things we all dislike. but i'm sure there could be someone around here who needs a cork in their mouth. I don't know who, yet!)

see u at x
Aug. 3, 2009, 06:45 PM
So you've never complained about anything? Ever? Even in a joking way or like, "Oh, I hate when that happens!"? (Not accusing you, just legitimately asking.)

I think that other than some of the complaints about arena footing, a lot of stuff said here hasn't been meant too seriously. Everyone knows that shite happens at shows and that's just how it goes. I don't see anything wrong in commiserating with people now and then, as long as it doesn't dominate your entire mentality and turn you into a victim. We're human...nobody is perfect. B**ch about it for a moment or two, preferably in private, and then get over it and move on. I think it's better doing that than holding everything in and letting it fester until you blow up over something completely unrelated sometime. :) Perspective usually comes afterwards and you realize, "OK, I'm not going to let this bother me."

Go Fish
Aug. 3, 2009, 06:49 PM
Having to get up early.

see u at x
Aug. 3, 2009, 06:52 PM
Having to get up early.

Having to get up early when you were up until 2 a.m. the night before washing your sheepskin saddle pad twice because it wouldn't come clean, cleaning tack, packing your vehicle, etc. :)

Ready2Ride
Aug. 3, 2009, 07:57 PM
My horse loves show weekends. We go for walks when not showing and he gets to eat grass.

:yes:
I always have mine out hand grazing. It's sad to see all the horses who are stuck in the tiny stalls or tied the whole time who aren't even given water or treats. and the people who are cantering around in the warm up all.day.long. give the horse a break people, it's hot!

ooh, another one...kids riding around double with a halter making the horse trot all over the show grounds. wth? get a golf cart

EquitationRider
Aug. 3, 2009, 08:45 PM

You're lucky you get to ride at all. You are even luckier if you have a horse. You are even more lucky if you can afford to go to a show. You are extremely lucky if you get to show frequently.

Grow up, life isn't fair. If you can't accept it, go find a different sport.

Sure, I don't like small warm up rings or bad footing or people who can't accept why they've lost and others win. I don't like bratty spoiled kids on expensive ponies that they end up ruining. But you know what's nice? They don't win everytime. They do plenty of the time, but it feels really REALLY nice when you beat those kids. But if you're going to be a party pooper and if it bothers you so terribly much well then don't go to shows, switch disciplines, find a different sport, if you feel so strongly.

If you don't like bad footing, then don't go to shows at venues that are known for crappy footing.

And, well, I don't see what's so wrong about hanging your ribbon on your belt. I've done it. I might have a handful of stuff to carry on my way back to the trailer, so where else am i going to put the ribbons? I'm pretty modest and the moment I get a chance to put the ribbons away, I do, but I don't see what's so terrible about being proud of that champion or first place ribbon. Or the pony does not have a stall for the day. Big deal. If you can't accept that other people are proud of themselves, then don't look.

If you are going to go to a horse show and be a party pooper, and complain about everything around you, well then you are just as bad of a sport as the people you complain about.

BTW, this is not aimed at anyone in particular :) I'm quite sure most of the posts here are quite legit (i don't like small rings, etc, just common things we all dislike. but i'm sure there could be someone around here who needs a cork in their mouth. I don't know who, yet!)

noo i don't mind it if someone picks up there ribbons and puts it on ther belt than watches there friends or trainors or whoever than goes back and puts it on the barn banner or stall... what annoys me is when people put the on there belt than parade around all day saying "hey how did you do today i did awsome as you can see, sucks that you didn't do as well as me!" and such...the people who do it just to show off. i don't care if you pick it up then wait and watch friends or something before.

and there are just somethings that I don't like at shows, big deal. Everywhere you go there will be things that you don't like.

Sebastian
Aug. 3, 2009, 08:51 PM

I'm with you 100% on this one, superpony123.

And, I'm REALLY not sure why some of you even RIDE, let alone show horses.
Seb :rolleyes:

klmck63
Aug. 3, 2009, 08:55 PM
That my horse always poops on his sheepskin boots without removable liners ;) As much as I love them I think it's time for those boots to retire until I have a tidier horse!

woops
Aug. 3, 2009, 09:39 PM
Expensive shows that have TERRIBLE FOOTING

Wash racks not cleaned up-- I don't want to wash a horse in crap-- leave me a shovel and Yes I will clean up!!

Riders who do not let their eyes show another rider where they are going in the warm up ring--

Had a rider at the last minute say OUTside Outside when there was no time for me to fix it and hit my Horse ----- Thanks Alot

High Prices in a bad economy!!!!!!

Ring Guys who complain about questions but don't post like all the other rings what is going on. Believe it it not we don't want to stay at the ring and stare at you until it is our time to go!

Warm rings that don't spread out the jumps so it makes it sooooo difficult to move around the trainers at the warm up fences.

Gymnastic Jumps in warm up rings on the busy classes that take up sooooooo much room.

THe whole cost of this sport that needs to be HUMBLED . And you know whAT LOOK AT THE NUMBERS -- I think it is speaking .
I think winter circuits like HITS Need to wake up and start offering more prize money than just Sundays . Loook at all the other shows . They offer little amounts through out the week.

Especially when it is winter. When you you do the math on going to Florida --- OH MY Word . Smarten Up Winter Circuits or you will cut more than 2 or 3 rings this year.

Against all Odds
Aug. 3, 2009, 10:00 PM
my biggest thing is people who do not warm up in the proper warm up rings. I mean honestly there is a jumper schooling area for a reason, do not take your hot 17hh jumper into the pony hunter warm up, you are going to get someone hurt!!

Jersey Fresh
Aug. 3, 2009, 10:23 PM
I hate when juniors treat their parents like crap in public at a horse show-for what ever reason (my favorite was the girl at Maclay regionals last year who screamed at her mom for accidently deleting a video on the camera when she recorded her Maclay round). Do they realize how many thousands of dollars mom and dad are putting out for just that show?

On second thought, I dont know if I hate those juniors more or the parents for not grabbing the kid by the back of the arm/hair/ear and dragging them off of the horse like my mom would have done if I spoke to her like that...

dghunter
Aug. 3, 2009, 10:42 PM
I hate when juniors treat their parents like crap in public at a horse show-for what ever reason (my favorite was the girl at Maclay regionals last year who screamed at her mom for accidently deleting a video on the camera when she recorded her Maclay round). Do they realize how many thousands of dollars mom and dad are putting out for just that show?

On second thought, I dont know if I hate those juniors more or the parents for not grabbing the kid by the back of the arm/hair/ear and dragging them off of the horse like my mom would have done if I spoke to her like that...

It's the parents that I hate more. I would have been kicked halfway to Sunday if I ever treated my parents like some of these kids do. This one girl at a show last weekend screams at her Mom "Aren't you going to help me?! Get off your fat a$$ and get out here!" I was with my Mom and we were both like :eek::eek:

HJPony
Aug. 3, 2009, 11:04 PM
1. Poor sportsmanship. By this I mean other riders/trainers/spectators making comments about poor riding while standing at the ring. A quick glance and a "oh goodness" is fine but to critique a rider you don't train with is just wrong. This is especially annoying regarding young riders and their innocent riding faults.

2. poor footing and general show grounds. I understand money doesn't grow but..

3. a dirty wash rack..seriously. please oh please pick up after yourself, a lesson learned young.

chukkerchild
Aug. 5, 2009, 01:37 AM
Whats that quote about spectators who make nasty comments about the people actually doing it. Something like, it's far better to be the one trying and failing miserably, because though the people on the outside never know defeat, neither do they know victory...

nlk
Aug. 5, 2009, 02:59 AM

I agree 100% and I'm a trainer! Let the ring know whats up and then get your butt out there!

At a pony show last year there were no smalls so mediums went first. there were 4 with 3 trips each. Trainer A waited until the called them out of the barn and then WARMED UP for 20 mins. Seriously if the show starts at 8 you're in the first division and there is only a total of 12 trips (including yours) you should be out there at 8! Why would this be difficult at a one ring show first class?

And for those who hate warm-up rings, take a trip to a well attended western show! After years of that the warm-up ring on even a jumper day is a breeze!

SmileItLooksGoodOnYou
Aug. 5, 2009, 03:06 AM
People who don't give their horse the credit for a job well done!

My horse saves my butt more often than he should. And he deserves credit for being a good boy when he could easily dump my into a jump and leave me on my butt (or hanging in the oxer). Some days he's looky and I'm proud of my ride... and some days I don't ride very well and my horse helps pick up the slack. He deserves the credit for that!

I get frustrated when people don't give their horse credit for a job well done and act like a win was all them.

SmileItLooksGoodOnYou
Aug. 5, 2009, 03:08 AM
Whats that quote about spectators who make nasty comments about the people actually doing it. Something like, it's far better to be the one trying and failing miserably, because though the people on the outside never know defeat, neither do they know victory...

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

- Theodore Roosevelt

I have that hanging on the inside lid of my tack trunk. :winkgrin:

SecondEdition
Aug. 5, 2009, 03:17 AM
It doesn't sound like hunter/jumper shows are very fun at all :(

I realize the tone of the thread is about venting one's frustrations, but it leads me to ask, "Is here anything good about hunter/jumper shows?" I genuinely would like to know! I've never really done that type of show although I'd like to, because I've been told it would be a good experience for my horse. I'm just trying to figure out what the up-side is to it.

mandalea
Aug. 5, 2009, 07:17 AM
Parking at a schooling show when you have left enough room for horses and someone pulls up right beside not leaving any room. This happened yesterday to me and their horse tried to kick my horse. The trainer told me that her horse didn't like my horse. UGHH...

I have been to a few shows, but I have groomed at plenty of HT. First time I groomed, I found put A LOT.

1: It's ok to stand in the middle of the walk way from Stadium to Dressage where all the toilets, cars etc are, and completely ignore people who are on a horse twice as big as yours trying to get to XC.

2: I also photograph for my riders. And apparently it is ok to park your horse in front of my camera when I'm trying to shoot their stadium round.

3: As quoted, it is ok to smoosh your horse into somebody else's, and blame them for having an aggressive horse (Has happened to me and my alpha horse. If somebody gets up his bum, he'll let them know he doesn't like it)

4: My very first HT stadium warm up was a DISASTER ! There was this guy on some big chestnut that was FREAKING OUT big time (was only a 2' class) and I would go over the straight bar, come around to go over the oxer, and he would cut in front of me and trot REALLY slowly up to it, let his horse refuse, then expect me to get out of his way so he could do it again. I think I got so annoyed, I tensed up big time and snapped my spur in half ! Then, the next day, he came flying up behind me on XC, jumped right in front of me, without setting his horse up and stacked right in front of my horses feet. I ended up retiring because my horse wouldn't focus, and kept trying to follow his bridless horse running around the 400 acre + property.

5: Snotty kids who cry when they don't win

6: Kids in general

7: Babies who cry when your trying to do your dressage test, and your horse who would be called 'body conscious' if he was a human freaks and tries to run for the ladies to cry.

8: Coaches who make the jumps WAY lower in the warm up so bubbles doesn't throw his 8 year old rider off in a class that is obviously to high for them ! In Australia, it is AGAINST THE RULES to lower a jump lower than the hight being competed in !

9: Sooky people. Very first Ag show - Was going really well, my horse threw a buck. Came =3rd, judge said she would have liked to give me 2nd, but he bucked. Girl who I got = to gave my the BIGGEST evils for the rest of the day. She was also parked about 3 cars from me, and I could hear her carrying on for the rest of the day.

10:
I hate a bunch of the things already mentioned, but this has gotten to me lately...

Parents/friends even riders who are not familiar with the way a horse show works. Mom, Dad, Great Grandpa, etc are all at the show to watch darling child go around her walk/trot class. Grandma gets hot and pops open an umbrella right next to the ring, poopsie wants a million pictures taken and blocks the in gate while posing with every member of the family.

Dad wants to show off how his daughter can steer the big horsey and continues to yell at her to spin him around while the instructor is speaking with the child of after the instructor as told the child to dismount and take her house back to the barn. Brother is bored and decides it would be fun to throw rocks or jump up and down on the bleachers.

I really think trainers need to give a horse show 101 rundown to newbies and their parents.

Whats allowed, whats not allowed. Its perfectly fine to bring a gaggle of spectators, but rules should be laid out in advance. Theres A LOT going on at shows and most instructors have more than one kid going...I think it would be easier for all involved if some ground rules and expectations were laid out in advance.

Drives me batty!!!

Agreed !

Since most of my shows are in winter, my folks stay in the car and sleep until I knock on the window to say I'm ready, and my sister always has her Nintendo DS or iPod or a book, and dad has Podcasts and Audiobooks to listen to. Mum bring magazines.

And if a friend of mine goes, they will set up shop in one of our trailers with a picnic table and talk/eat/ drink tea etc until we're ready to compete, then go back to the trailer and do it again :lol:

11: People who have NO idea what they are doing, or are just really ignorant. Second Ag show - Was doing really well, until they started up the big Mack trucks with the ferris wheel etc attached. Was warming up, and my horse didn't want to go past the rides. He started getting really spooky and dangerous, so I got off and walked him, letting him stop and look, sniff etc. These two girls game FLYING around the corner, full gallop, right towards me. One went on either side. Didn't slow down AT ALL. Horse FREAKED big time, nearly dislocated my shoulder. No sorry. Nothing. Would hate to know what would have happened if I stayed on him.

Later on in the afternoon, Everybody was warming up for their rider classes. Same girls. I'm doing a really nice canter, when one of the walks right on my track. I call out, say 'Horse cantering. Move'. Nothing. I pull up, yell at her to get out of my way, when the other one backs her horse right into mine. He gives a massive kick, there is a load crack from him connecting with the other horse. Everybody turns around to see me red faced screaming at this girl for not watching where she is going. People who have only just turned I can hear saying 'That's a little over the top'. Above 2 incidents were the worst 2 out of a whole day of them. I hear other riders saying 'No. They've been complete PITA's all day. Bout time somebody did something'.

Ended up getting the President of The Show society down there because he could see it from the commentators box, and they got kicked of the grounds, because people had been reporting them during the day, but the Society thought they were just overreacting.

A horse had to have the vet out after it was kicked by one of them and was lame enough that it wouldn't move. At all. Not even turn it's head.

Seriously, people like that should just not be allowed on show grounds. At all. They really peeve me, because they are not only putting themselves in danger, but everybody else. Especially when there are tiny-tot leadline classes, and they keep galloping between the rings.

GGGRRR ! :mad:

But seriously, I LOVE shows, I love competing because I KNOW I'm good. Might sound like I'm bragging, but I have seriously had judges say I should move up a class because they would like to see me do better.

It's just stupid people who annoy the sh*t out of me !

Rant over :winkgrin:

supershorty628
Aug. 5, 2009, 08:57 AM
8: Coaches who make the jumps WAY lower in the warm up so bubbles doesn't throw his 8 year old rider off in a class that is obviously to high for them ! In Australia, it is AGAINST THE RULES to lower a jump lower than the hight being competed in !

Wow, really? That's a little judgmental, don't you think? Maybe it's the horse's program to not jump full height in the schooling ring. I never do an oxer at full height in the warm up ring, and only do 1 vertical that is - otherwise we jump about a foot lower than I'm going to do in the ring. It's just what works best for my horse and what sharpens her up best in the ring.

PonyHunter70
Aug. 5, 2009, 10:54 AM
Brother is bored and decides it would be fun to throw rocks or jump up and down on the bleachers.

Throwing rocks is a special pet peeve of mine because once we had a little girl in like the w/t/c x-rails stuff. It was her first show and she was really nervous. Since it was the little kid classes of course ALL the parents are there and there is the bored little brother. Well, One of the kids threw a rock at the pony the girl from our barn was riding. And the pony(who is the nicest harmless pony ever) threw a big buck and the girl fell off and the pony took off which ended up another pony spooking and the girl fell off. No one was hurt, just a little shaken, but our pony was not allowed back in the flat classes. It was really sad because the little girl was freaking out and crying because she thought it was her fault.

Another thing that annoys me is when all the little short stirrup kids are in the schooling ring and some guy decides to bring his crazy jumper horse into the kiddie schooling ring to get him used to horse show things.

mandalea
Aug. 5, 2009, 11:32 AM
Wow, really? That's a little judgmental, don't you think? Maybe it's the horse's program to not jump full height in the schooling ring. I never do an oxer at full height in the warm up ring, and only do 1 vertical that is - otherwise we jump about a foot lower than I'm going to do in the ring. It's just what works best for my horse and what sharpens her up best in the ring.

We always already have like an 18" x-rail there and people go and take the rails off to everybody else's inconvenience. It really is very annoying, because they are normally not on till the afternoon and they are in the morning warm up !

You can actually get eliminated for putting the jumps down in the warm up. I've seen it be done.

RockinHorse
Aug. 5, 2009, 12:28 PM
Pony Moms

Ozone
Aug. 5, 2009, 02:13 PM
I Hate:

Schooling! Thankfully I have a no prep horse because seriously I will not go by those crazy rings!

Kids! Sorry Mom's and Pa's but I do not see any reason for babies to be at horse shows screaming by the in gate as Mom is in the ring and no one is watching the kid in the stroller.

People who critique every horse and rider combo in a negative way... then their horse goes in and you think look at their horse/rider combo! EEEEK!

When the decent conformatation horse wins the model class but has no braids and a baby dried out tail, not as clean as it should be be still wins!

Sparky Boy
Aug. 5, 2009, 02:21 PM
Someone that doesn't know how to run the in-gate. :( One minute I'm two away, the next minute there are 20 trips in front of me. Huh? Thankless job, I could never do it.

Oldenburg99
Aug. 5, 2009, 02:37 PM

Drives me batty!!!

THANK YOU!!! I couldn't have said it better myself!! Its called etiquette ;)

Oldenburg99
Aug. 5, 2009, 02:42 PM
Besides non-horsey family members,

My other pet peeve is hearing from other compeitors or friends about going to show EVERY WEEKEND. And you wonder why your horse is quitting - its because he's tired. He wants to be a horse :winkgrin: so let him/her be horse and have some time to themselves.

Also, people who try to give me a coggins that expired 3 years ago when I work the office. I know I'm young but I'm not stupid. Then they want to call their vet and have the number called in. That's not how it works - horse show managers need a copy of the coggins in case they get audited. I'm not getting trouble because you forgot to bring the right coggins and/or too cheap to pay for one.

Giddy-up
Aug. 5, 2009, 02:43 PM
When you find out after they pinned the class that the judge was having a break durring your round explaining why your perfect round didnt get a ribbon.

I have to ask--how did you find this out? :confused: Didn't the in-gate person notice the judge missing when you went in?

dghunter
Aug. 5, 2009, 02:49 PM

Ditto. I HATE open fences with just a pole at shows. It looks 200000x higher to me because I'm already nervous. I'm completely fine when I go into the ring because there's a whole bunch of filler. (Yes I realize this is something I need to get over and yes we are working on it at home but it's a slow process) So we show in the 2'6" division and school at about 2' in the warmup. It works just fine for us and no one seems to mind. There are three fences usually and we take one-no one complains especially since most people need a small jump to warmup at the start anyways.

supershorty628
Aug. 5, 2009, 02:59 PM
Ditto. I HATE open fences with just a pole at shows. It looks 200000x higher to me because I'm already nervous. I'm completely fine when I go into the ring because there's a whole bunch of filler. (Yes I realize this is something I need to get over and yes we are working on it at home but it's a slow process) So we show in the 2'6" division and school at about 2' in the warmup. It works just fine for us and no one seems to mind. There are three fences usually and we take one-no one complains especially since most people need a small jump to warmup at the start anyways.

Right. I don't avoid full height for that reason, but I just don't need to jump it in the schooling ring for my horse to be prepared for the show ring. We show in the 4'6 and usually get up to around 4' with an oxer and then do 1 vertical at 4'6. We didn't even do that at my last show - the footing was so bad in the schooling ring, I think we jumped 3'9 at most with both the oxer and the vertical. My feeling is, I'm paying to be there and my use of one jump (out of 4 or 5 in the ring) is not going to hurt anyone...let me warm up how it works best for me!

By the way - do you live in Minnesota? I know there it's perpetually cold or construction...

carolinahunterjumper
Aug. 5, 2009, 03:21 PM
Mine are:
1. When people cut you off in flat classes, causing your horse to break & you place lower.
2. When someone else has a major flaw & still beat you, when you had none.
3. Being off-schedule.
4. When people don't give a heads-up and get in your way while schooling.
5. Stuck-up riders.
6. Showing in unproffesional clothes (yes, i've actually seen someone show in a hoodie. that's not appropriate, even for the smallest local show.)

But, despite all the negativity, I still love showing!

sam123
Aug. 5, 2009, 03:44 PM
Dogs that bark at the horses all day. Leave them home please.....

WorthTheWait95
Aug. 5, 2009, 04:37 PM

Really? I don't know a single person I show with that doesn't get their horses out several times per day at the big AA circuits. Typically they get one 'real' ride in the mornings, another hack/walk in the afternoon and a hand graze/walk in the evening. On show days they get hacked in the morning, shown at the designated time and then handwalked in the evening. That would bug me too if I saw horses stuck in their stalls all day.

The only thing that really bugs me at shows was at the KY Summer series the last two weeks. Tourists were EVERYWHERE. They just came to see the horse park but seemed to be under the impression that our show horses were part of the exhibit. They would just walk right up to their stalls or while we were grazing them and start petting. My one mare almost kicked a kids head off because she spooked her so bad.

On a purely vain note it really bugs me when people where brown belts and black tall boots.

cbiscuit
Aug. 5, 2009, 04:46 PM
Bad ring steward and judge. There's no reason to wait for the start of any class. If you're ready, you're ready. If you're late...too bad. Some stables are notorious for their trainers keeping everyone waiting...WBTA (Washington Bridle Trails Assoc) shows are horrid for prima-donna trainers keeping people waiting and the show heirarchy are pathetic in keeping things moving.

I hate dogs at horse shows...I don't ride at their dog show, they don't need to be at my horse show.

Feral kids are annoying...get a babysitter if you can't watch your BCP failures.

Food and Photos...we aren't talking Julia Child cuisine and Ansel Adams quality photography...$3 weenies and $2.5 cans of pop are a wonderful reminder to bring a cooler.

While I don't know who you are, and it's hard to know how to respond to a post that refers to other people's children as "BCP failures," I'd like to state for the record that WBTA's (volunteer) staff works very hard to minimize ring delays. We have three rings, and while that provides opportunities for riders and horses at different levels to show, it does sometimes make short delays unavoidable (as they are at any show). We do our best to communicate about any delays early and often, coordinate our watering/dragging efforts to take advantage of any unavoidable delays, and run things as smoothly as possible.

We always welcome feedback, and I would be happy to pass along your concerns if you are willing to restate them and let us know who you are and when you have shown with us, as we look for ways to improve after each show. I can be reached at catherine.cullen at gmail dot com.

Thanks,
Catherine

Old Equine Lady
Aug. 5, 2009, 05:09 PM
What I dislike is the parent that drops their kid off at the show and expects the trainer to baby-sit. The trainer never has that kind of time, so the kid gets dumped on other kid's parents.

Schooling rings, why can't they close one direction of the diagonal before schooling is allowed. I can't tell you how many real close calls I have seen over the years!

Still love going, just have become really picky about where we go, funds are short! Must be run well, good footing and efficient office staff are required.

AppendixQHLover
Aug. 5, 2009, 05:13 PM
While I don't know who you are, and it's hard to know how to respond to a post that refers to other people's children as "BCP failures," I'd like to state for the record that WBTA's (volunteer) staff works very hard to minimize ring delays. We have three rings, and while that provides opportunities for riders and horses at different levels to show, it does sometimes make short delays unavoidable (as they are at any show). We do our best to communicate about any delays early and often, coordinate our watering/dragging efforts to take advantage of any unavoidable delays, and run things as smoothly as possible.

Next year my horse and I will be showing the WBTA series. This year it would have been a waste of gas $$ for us to go up there. We aren't jumping 2" right now at shows just at home. My trainer will bring one of her jumpers! I like that you have many adult classes of low heights.

isltime
Aug. 5, 2009, 06:52 PM
1. waiting for juniors or childrens classes to be completed. kids have too much time or show in multiple divsions: hunters , jumpers, equitation and take forever to get into the ring.
2. crowded schooling areas with poor footing.
3. bad announcers.

IsolaBella09
Aug. 5, 2009, 08:55 PM
The yahoos on the small ponies with cow print fabric helmet covers that show in 1038209385 classes a day yelling, "GITTTTTT" over every fence.

Schooling rings.

Riders, trainers, etc. being called to the ring over 3 times. Seriously?

Slippery footing.