PDA

View Full Version : How do I cover a cut on the face to model a pony?

YankeeTurnedHillbilly
Aug. 1, 2009, 06:45 PM
Of course our large green pony came in from the field with her face sliced open this week - she certainly planned the timing perfectly since she knows we are going to Pony Finals next week.

Any suggestions how to doctor it up and cover it when she models? It is about 3 inches below her right eye, on the cheek bone. She is dark bay.

luvs2ride
Aug. 1, 2009, 06:51 PM
Maybe look into the stuff they use on QH's for halter classes to cover blemishes- its like an aerosol spray in different colors?

mypaintwattie
Aug. 1, 2009, 06:56 PM
Shapley's sprays work well, if you can match the color- white of course being the easiest. Otherwise french grooming chalk works well too. I use both on my horse when showing her halter to cover some scars from running through a fence as a baby.

But first, check the rule book to make sure that covering the cut is legal. Something about not covering blemishes comes to mind, although I'm not certain.

dorthyinoz
Aug. 1, 2009, 07:55 PM
Up here line people occationally use shoe polish as it comes in hundreds of colours and can be blended for the perfect shade. I wouldn't use it on an open cut though.