PDA

View Full Version : Chap maker/Good samaritan?

mvp
Aug. 1, 2009, 12:09 AM
I need a cool chapmaker who will sell me scraps. Anyone come to mind? I believe Journeyman won't play ball.

I'm rebuilding a model horse leg for an anatomy prof friend of mine and I'd like to get different color leather to use to make the various tendons and ligaments I'll attach to the appropriate muscle scars on a pony leg.

So I don't need big pieces, but a couple for the extensors and flexors need to be more than 3' long.

TIA-- My prof buddy as well as a whole bunch of horse newbies just learning their way around their legs will also be grateful.

Einstein
Aug. 1, 2009, 09:40 AM
You can try looking in a craft store, they do sell leather scraps.:D

Star Creek
Aug. 1, 2009, 01:44 PM
Try Weaver Leather. They are a wholesaler of leather, strapping and leather working tools. I know they sell chap leather and sell scraps. If they won't sell to you directly, I'm sure they'll direct you to a retailer who will. Just searched all over the house for the catalog and, sorry, it's gone missing. Certain you can find their toll-free online.

Good luck.

Creaghgal
Aug. 1, 2009, 01:48 PM
There’s always a box of leather scraps by the door at Barville Harness if you happen to be around there.

DuffyAgain
Aug. 1, 2009, 03:59 PM
Journeyman might provide some. Try Chuck Pinnell as well. :)