PDA

View Full Version : Bedford, NY trainers/barns

huntermom40
Jul. 31, 2009, 11:27 PM
Looking for a great trainer/barn for an A/O rider in bedford or greenwich. Any recommendations?

joiedevie99
Aug. 1, 2009, 01:17 AM
There are tons of options, so can you give us a little more info? Full service or not? On the road for full AA circuits or only a few weeks at a time? Option to stay home from FL or required to go? Price range? Feel free to pm if you prefer. I'm in the area.

huntermom40
Aug. 1, 2009, 08:00 AM
Full service AA circuit barn would be great. On the road a few weeks at a time is best and need option to stay home in the winter. Happy to do the Old Salem A winter shows, Gardnertown, etc. Thank you!

huntermom40
Aug. 1, 2009, 08:04 AM
Forgot to mention that I am flexible on pricing, but do not want to go over the top. I don't think a barn like Heritage would be an option.

YankeeLawyer
Aug. 1, 2009, 08:16 AM
huntermom, I sent you a private message; I grew up in that area.

Iride
Aug. 1, 2009, 08:50 AM
Peter Leone at Lionshare Farm in Greenwich or CEO Stables (at Donegal Farm in Bedford) with Kate Oliver.

RW06
Aug. 1, 2009, 02:13 PM
I have to recommend Lisa Rex/Holliday Ryals of Somerset who train out of Donegal Farm. Kate Oliver is also there and she is quite good.

Cynthia Williams is at Courtyard Farm and is great with AA hunters.

Janet
Aug. 1, 2009, 03:58 PM
Arcadia Farm in Yorktown- Molly Flaherty and Patty Peckham.

They have a web site now
http://www.arcadiafarminc.com

huntermom40
Aug. 1, 2009, 05:46 PM
Forgot to mention that this is for A/O Hunters. Who is the hunter trainer under Peter Leone at Lionshare these days? Also, looking for the name of the barn where Brooke Baldwin Degrazia is out of. Lastly does anyone know where Jennifer Bliss operates out of in this area?

Iride
Aug. 1, 2009, 06:29 PM
Patty at Arcadia is great, and great care too.

I'm not sure who's in charge of hunters at Peter's, Courtney Mackay was there until recently but I believe she left to pursue non-horsey things. Karen ?? (forgot her last name) may be there full time now, but I would call Peter for the latest info.

I forgot the name of Brooke's place but it is in North Salem and it is AMAZING, the facility and turnout.

Jennifer Bliss is somewhere in Ridgefield CT I believe... someone else here will know.

Limone
Aug. 1, 2009, 07:12 PM
Karen Folle is at lionshare she is great! really sweet she used to work for kate oliver Jen Bliss is great too I'll get the info for you!

huntermom40
Aug. 1, 2009, 07:17 PM
Thank you!

supershorty628
Aug. 1, 2009, 07:38 PM
Kip Rosenthal is in North Salem... beautiful facility and great turnout.

Lucassb
Aug. 1, 2009, 10:04 PM
Coker Farm (Judy Richter) is in Bedford...

Is Val Renihan still at Old Salem? It's not much further and she is lovely and terrific with hunters. I don't know what she does in the winter though - most of the barn goes to WEF. Holly Orlando has a program there as well: http://www.oldsalemfarm.net/training

Brooke Degrazia's barn in Cross River is to die for and she is also super with hunters.

There is also JT Farm in S. Salem... http://www.jtfarm.com/ They are as good as it gets for hunters in this area. As a plus, their indoor is heated ;)

Heritage and Andre's reputation speaks for itself.

neigh.neigh
Aug. 1, 2009, 10:11 PM
Brooke Baldwin's barn is beautiful! Right near Old Salem called Riverside

Carla Sacco at Zephyr Farm... incredible instructor

and last I heard Val Renihan is stabled at the Dinan's farm near Old Salem... not sure what it is called

Hunter/JumperMom
Aug. 1, 2009, 10:44 PM
what about lanie wemberly for hunters in that area, not sure where she is, but i know some people that are with her and have nothing but good things to say about her.

huntermom40
Aug. 1, 2009, 11:18 PM
Do Val Renihan, Cythina Williams and Brooke Baldwin DeGrazia go to Fla? Does anyone have contact info? Feel free to PM if you do. Thanks!

meupatdoes
Aug. 2, 2009, 12:13 AM
Full service AA circuit barn would be great.

But you 'don't want to go over the top'?

It's been a while since I pricechecked there but last I heard:

Old Salem $2,500 a month plus a 'supplies' fee
Arcadia $2,950 per month
Lionshare $3,000 + per month

Iride
Aug. 2, 2009, 03:11 PM
Lainie is in North Salem. She goes to FL.

Brooke stays home -- doesn't go to FL.

MintHillFarm
Aug. 2, 2009, 03:49 PM
I'd second Acradia and Patty as well...

Showsheen
Aug. 2, 2009, 06:27 PM
Definitely you have the list. Good suggestions all...
Brooke and Cynthia would probably be your best choices for what you are looking for.
Lainie definitely goes to Florida, also talented, and JT as well, all excellent. Heritage would be "it" but you really need to live on the road to get the best out of that situation. And the most bang for your big buck.
Brooke and Cynthia keep their Ami's happy. I have known all of these people for over 30 years. You would be in good hands with all of them.
Location, convenience and cost will probably be the deciding factor as all are quality trainers and riders.